PDA

View Full Version : Hi All R5 Noob

StuHERTS
28-09-2012, 23:14
First post!

Hi Guys/Gals,
just joined as i purchased an R5 this week after having to sell mine 12 years ago and never really getting over selling it! (baby was due and needed a 4 door) :cry:
Anyway, having a few teething probs and was suggested by a friend on FB "Jonny" to join here and save myself some time n money on tips/help..

Thanks

Stuart

Jonny5
28-09-2012, 23:19
:agree:

Nottswoody
29-09-2012, 01:40
You've just spent the best £25 since re owning a 5. Get yourself known and your 5 by putting up some pics and starting a thread read all the numerous files and you will have many happy days boosting in your 5 :) welcome to the club..

Alex
29-09-2012, 07:50
Welcome to the club :agree:

Tony Walker
29-09-2012, 08:06
Welcome to the club, plenty of advice on here don't be afraid to ask :)

Wallace
29-09-2012, 09:42
Welcome to the club mate:agree:

I'm based in Cheshunt - nice to see another 5 in the area:D

Get some pics up:agree::agree::agree:

StuHERTS
29-09-2012, 14:11
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Welcome to the club mate:agree:

I'm based in Cheshunt - nice to see another 5 in the area:D

Get some pics up:agree::agree::agree:

Im from Cheshunt, well flamstead end, haven't seen yours about?
Will stick some pics up but having few issues with it at the moment :(

Wallace
29-09-2012, 14:36
Flamstead end??:wasntme: I'm off Hammond Street:agree: so we're virtually neighbours:laugh::laugh:

Mines been locked up for a while, giving it some love, but should be finished off soon-ish:wasntme: and if the weather holds out then you'll be seeing it no doubt:agree::agree:

I'm no expect, but willing to lend a hand - what problems you having???

StuHERTS
29-09-2012, 16:36

Yea i know, i live on Adamsfield 2 mins from Little Tesco, usually use the Premiere offy up hammond street..
I bought the car knowing there was a bit of work to do, sorted the Carb out, changed acc cable, running really nice now, got up for work and smelt petrol, checked underneath and see the floor wet.
Theres some kind of bung in the petrol tank which is leaking from the seal..
I cant get to it unless i drop the tank 5 or 6 inches or take it off..
Petrol isnt pouring out but a drip every 5-10 minutes and what ever evaporates..

Bought some putty from Car Spares which can't be used on Plastic so i called a mechanic friend who said it would have to be lifted, tank dropped to access the bung and solder or plastic weld the seal..

I have plenty to do on it basically tidying up and few screws here n there on the skirt,

Wallace
29-09-2012, 18:35
:wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

Errrrrrrrrr I live in Perriors................off Adamsfield:laugh::laugh:

We are neighbours:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well.................lets hook up:agree::agree:

BILLY-R5GTT
29-09-2012, 19:07
Welcome to the club, the momo arrows look good :agree:

StuHERTS
29-09-2012, 19:42

:wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

Errrrrrrrrr I live in Perriors................off Adamsfield:laugh::laugh:

We are neighbours:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well.................lets hook up:agree::agree:

Smarts Green LOL!
Wont say the number but youll see it on my drive in the day time ;)
I walk through your road every day to take kids to School..
Defo hook up, you can help me fix it lol :D

StuHERTS
29-09-2012, 19:44

Welcome to the club, the momo arrows look good :agree:
Cheers,
Refurbing them was next on my list, £220 all 4, but now ill have to use that dosh to sort the petrol leak out.
:scratch:

casper
29-09-2012, 20:03
:agree:

Tony Walker
29-09-2012, 20:43
wont cost much to repair tank, but probably best to refurb your wheels just after winter?

BILLY-R5GTT
29-09-2012, 20:46

Cheers,
Refurbing them was next on my list, £220 all 4, but now ill have to use that dosh to sort the petrol leak out.
:scratch:

They're a nice old skool wheel one of my faves, hopefully shouldn't cost you all that to sort the leak and you'll have some left to get your wheels done :agree:

StuHERTS
29-09-2012, 21:22

Gonna put me cover on it & stick it in the garage..
Drives soaked in Oil, Amps blowing fuses, car stinks of petrol..
but Rome wasn't built in a day lol

Still has 11½ months MOT, Just thinking its gonna need a lot of work to get through the next one come next September.

Nottswoody
29-09-2012, 21:35
Get yourself some overalls buy a 90 bit tool kit some axel stands a good trolley jack and a good heater for winter.. Oh and tell the mrs she has just become second in your life :) welcome to owning a 5 bud.. But bare with it they do get reliable you just have to correct all the wrongs from the last sh1tty owner.. Don't make me say it bud.... We will all help you were we can you can be sure of that..

Andyturbo!
29-09-2012, 21:56
Get yourself some overalls buy a 90 bit tool kit some axel stands a good trolley jack and a good heater for winter.. Oh and tell the mrs she has just become second in your life :) welcome to owning a 5 bud.. But bare with it they do get reliable you just have to correct all the wrongs from the last sh1tty owner.. Don't make me say it bud.... We will all help you were we can you can be sure of that..

:agree: welcome to the club pal. Loving those old school arrows too pal

cazerooadoo
30-09-2012, 00:37
Hi and welcome to the club, am sure you will get all the advice and help you will ever need here and nice 5 too :agree:

Wallace
30-09-2012, 09:32

Smarts Green LOL!
Wont say the number but youll see it on my drive in the day time ;)
I walk through your road every day to take kids to School..
Defo hook up, you can help me fix it lol :D

Fcuk me:eek: Smarts Green:laugh: whats the chances of that - Small world!

I'll pop my head in at some point - where i lived previously another member used to help me out, and gotta say it made such a difference in getting things done:agree::agree: and not only that, helping without taking the piss - unlike my 'mates' - "why'd you buy a rusty renault skip":laugh:

StuHERTS
30-09-2012, 15:25
Fcuk me:eek: Smarts Green:laugh: whats the chances of that - Small world!

I'll pop my head in at some point - where i lived previously another member used to help me out, and gotta say it made such a difference in getting things done:agree::agree: and not only that, helping without taking the piss - unlike my 'mates' - "why'd you buy a rusty renault skip":laugh:

Tell me about it! lol if i had a £1 every time i heard mid life crisis id have a few gallons of petrol lol