PDA

View Full Version : Possessed heating controls

Numptysnumnuts
25-09-2012, 16:11
Whilst fitting my cabling for the stereo I have unleashed a demon in my car. My heating control that controls whether I get hot or cold air now controls itself. If I try and set the dial to cold it sits there and depending what mood its in either slowly creeps back to 3/4 hot when I am not looking. If I do notice and try and put it back it will shoot straight back to the same setting. It doesn't matter if the fan is on or off it will do it and doesn't matter where I have the air set to. As far as I know nothing has fallen into the unit but I don't know where this feeds to see what is causing this. All I can see is the cable disappearing into the dash.

Any ideas or suggestions (apart from getting a priest to exorcise the demons) would be greatly appreciated.

Chunk
26-09-2012, 08:30
Sounds like you might have got too tight a turn in the cable to me, remove the heater controls and make sure the cable moves freely

Numptysnumnuts
26-09-2012, 19:13
Will try that

Tony Walker
26-09-2012, 20:05
very common issue lol. feels like its trying to spring back?

Numptysnumnuts
26-09-2012, 21:49
Yep. Doesn't fell like its wants to spring back. it does spring back all by itself.

Have found within the dash a metallic clip which I assume holds this lead in place