PDA

View Full Version : Gas flowed

Nottswoody
24-09-2012, 17:40
How much roughly we talking to get my head and manifold flowed? I don't want or need mad head work just enough will be fine :) who's had what done?

Alex
24-09-2012, 18:10
Mine cost about £500 give or take from CTM. Loads if work to the head and both manifolds matched.

Nottswoody
24-09-2012, 19:06
Mine cost about £500 give or take from CTM. Loads if work to the head and both manifolds matched.

:eek: £500 blimey!! The engines going to cost me that all in :) I'm only after close to 200bhp

Unskimmed head £40
Bottom end £100
Gaskets not sure yet
Bits and bobs not sure yet..

Think I might just get my sanding stones out and polish it up myself? Or just leave it alone?

Markey Mark (BD)
24-09-2012, 19:19
Leave the head standard, no need for porting if you after that amount of power

All that i would do is port match then manifolds thats about all

Nottswoody
24-09-2012, 19:24
Leave the head standard, no need for porting if you after that amount of power

All that i would do is port match then manifolds thats about all

Sounds better to me I was juts thinking while the head is off but £500 I can't justify to the mrs :)
Mark the other thing I was going to ask was this engine didn't come with any push rods do I buy new?

Markey Mark (BD)
24-09-2012, 19:27
Sounds better to me I was juts thinking while the head is off but £500 I can't justify to the mrs :)
Mark the other thing I was going to ask was this engine didn't come with any push rods do I buy new?

No don't have to buy new mate, you can use your original ones out old engine or get some other secondhand ones, just make sure they all nice and straight

I think i have a fair few lying around if you need some in spares box, i don't need them anymore

Nottswoody
24-09-2012, 19:40
No don't have to buy new mate, you can use your original ones out old engine or get some other secondhand ones, just make sure they all nice and straight

I think i have a fair few lying around if you need some in spares box, i don't need them anymore

Spares would be great I really would like to keep the engine I have togeather as a back up as it works well so far.. Always good to have a back up :)
Will be putting the usuall new water pump etc on though.

Markey Mark (BD)
24-09-2012, 19:44
I can dig a load out for you mate, sure i got about 3-4 spare sets in the garage :laugh:

Nottswoody
24-09-2012, 19:49
Well I'm off next week so I will get a list of things I will need see what's missing etc then see what people have lying around.. I'm not after bonnet popping chrome things I'd sooner just get it quicker than 15.2 at pod :) and reliable enough for everyday and track if I get that I will be happy.. (for now)

Nottswoody
27-09-2012, 19:21
So guys I'm off next week and want to get this head sorted.. Were do I get new valve stems? Do they come with a head set? Iv only ever asked for head gasket.. Anything else I need? Then it's the bottom end gasket set? Or can I just buy it all together?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
28-09-2012, 09:00
I never used stem seals on any of the race engines or my old road car.
Thet are a funny half Teflon, half metal spring retainer. When they get loose they can rattle around in the valve gear and peen over the tops of the valve stems.

gttjames
28-09-2012, 09:16
Iv seen them come loose in alot of heads, so best just not to use them then?