PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 suspension on a Phase 1?Possible?

rumpelstiltskin
22-09-2012, 14:14
I can see the front struts where they bolt on to the hubs are different,but is it just a case of putting phase 2 hubs on my phase 1?Also i've heard the rear struts are different too,in what way? Reason im asking this is i pass by a certain garage every day of the week and for once dropped in,just so happens its an Alladins cave of gt turbo parts,waahaay!!But for a phase 2 damnit.

Brigsy
22-09-2012, 14:39
To convert to ph2 setup you need to the front struts and top mounts, hubs are the same.

Rear shocks/beam are the same for ph1/2.

rumpelstiltskin
22-09-2012, 15:07
Hi,could you just clear up for me what you meant when you mention the struts?Think there was maybe a word missing after 'to' and the 'front struts';-)I just assumed hubs were different as the two holes for the bolts at the bottom of the struts are different on 1's and 2's.Holes are directly above each other on phase one,slightly staggered on phase 2,s.

Brigsy
22-09-2012, 15:10
Its just the struts that are different mate.

Markey Mark (BD)
22-09-2012, 15:16
As Brigsy says its the shock mounting point itself thats different not the hub, if you want to fit phase 2 shocks then you will need phase 2 top mounts too as they are different also

rumpelstiltskin
22-09-2012, 15:58
I think i have phase 2 tops somewhere.Im taking it since the phase two bottom holes on the struts are slightly offset this will change the geometry of the car a bit?Or could i change one of the holes on the phase 2 ones to make them the same as the phase 1,s,straight up and down from each other?If you know what i mean?;-)

rumpelstiltskin
22-09-2012, 16:03
I know what you're thinking,just buy phase 1 struts!!,but i might get this brand new apex phase 2 strut and spring kit for a song,they're just kicking about his garage!;-)

Markey Mark (BD)
22-09-2012, 16:05
If you use phase 2 top mounts with the phase 2 shocks you won't need to change anything else or redrill holes in the mounting points, they will swap straight over and still have same camber

rumpelstiltskin
22-09-2012, 17:25
Ok i get it now,the different tops make up for the difference in the bottoms,thats great,cheers for the help!

Markey Mark (BD)
22-09-2012, 17:29
Ok i get it now,the different tops make up for the difference in the bottoms,thats great,cheers for the help!

Thats right mate ;)