PDA

View Full Version : Singapore F1

lee1707
21-09-2012, 16:38
Well guys I would just like to share with you a few things from the Singapore f1.

I headed over yesterday for 4days with my son as birthday treat for him. This is his first F1 and even with just watching practice, gp2, Porsche and Ferrari cup I don't think the smile will ever leave his face! All he talks about is the noise and that ear plugs are not enough!!
I purchased seats 3 rows back from 3 position on the grid in full view of lotus and force India garages. I've done a few f1's and this is my second to Singapore and to be honest I don't think any other would come close apart from perhaps Monaco which I will aim for next year if work allows.
Between gp2 qualifying and practice 2 we managed to fit in the Proclaimers. With me being a jock I even struggled to understand them but the local Asian population loved them and sung along!

After entering the track my son grabbed me and told me that Alonso was in front of us. Without thinking I said no it's not but guess who was spot on! I must say he is a very little man and not very photo friendly. You would of thought he had a lot on his mind! Lol.

Anyway off to bed now to catch up on sleep before we do it all over again tomorrow.

Os8472
21-09-2012, 16:45
Lucky f**k

Trevhib
21-09-2012, 17:49
Awesome.

Best to switch this to the F1 thread?

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=21762

warpspeed
21-09-2012, 20:16
Why should he? He's not really discussing the F1, more the experience of taking his son there for the 1st time, I think he's entitled to start his own thread.

lee1707
22-09-2012, 17:49
Well another update on the F1 tonight.

Gp2 proved to be normal with a few crashes and pitmlane incidents and a Brit (Max Chilton) out front to win it. Was nice to hear the national anthem with some of the crowed in the 34 deg 70% humidity singing along.
Porsche Asia cup qualifying also gave some good entertainment with not much between them but the highlight of the night was always going to be qualifying. Now I'm not going to lie, I'm a McLaren fan and a Hamilton fan even more which goes back over 15 years since I first heard of him when I was racing karts. Going by his performance tonight fingers crossed he can continue tomorrow and win from the front.
We also got to see Noel Galagher and Maroon 5 whilst sipping on an £8 pint of Carlsberg! Now I've spent a lot of time in Singapore over the last 6 years but the price of drink always suprises me, £28 for a 1.5l bottle of Carlsberg or £5 a normal bottle of coke etc, think I will be back on beans on toast when I get home next week!

Alex
22-09-2012, 20:22
What a fantastic way to spend your weekend! I'd love to do that kind if thing with my son when he's a bit older :cool:

Tony Walker
22-09-2012, 21:20
yeah ill 2nd that :agree:

lee1707
23-09-2012, 10:56
And the last days activities! My son just asked why this has to be the last day?

Trevhib
23-09-2012, 15:35
Why should he? He's not really discussing the F1, more the experience of taking his son there for the 1st time, I think he's entitled to start his own thread.

There are a number of answers to the above. However I'll be concise - best to leave it to club members to decide on club member entitlements.

warpspeed
23-09-2012, 21:23
There are a number of answers to the above. However I'll be concise - best to leave it to club members to decide on club member entitlements.

:rolleyes: you'll never change will you? it's because of people like you I can't be arsed with this club anymore...cue more smart arse comments....

lee1707
24-09-2012, 01:30
Well It seems as normal that when somebody wants to share something it always gets different reactions on RTOC

Anyway time to head home and 13hrs of flying to look forward to.

What a magical weekend with a lifetime of memories for my son to go along with the many thousands of photos he has to sift through. The noise on the starting grid was almost unbearable with every roar from an exhaust vibrating through our body.
Tickets purchased for next year which we will be counting down the days till. If anyone is interested tickets are on sale at a large discounted rate until the end of the month, i can almost promise it would be an experience of a lifetime, in for me one of the best cities/countries in the world.
Once I get home and get the photos off the various memory cards I will post a few up for other interested members to see

maybe next year I will add the comments to an F1 board if it looks like its updated EVERY race and its not over 2 months since it was last done.

gtmatt
24-09-2012, 01:45
Glad u had an amazing time I went to sliverstone this year that was brill , just weather was really bad , I'm thinking of doing aboard next year safe flight home :)

Trevhib
24-09-2012, 08:31
Sorry Lee, my original comment was not intended to offend you. Looks like you guys had a fantastic time.

It's not important now but my point was this - If you had put the comments in the main F1 thread then they would have reached more people over time. Also/Or, if the title had conveyed/included the real intent of this thread (you and your son's relationship and experiences), it wouldn't have looked at first glance like it was splintering the F1 discussion.

What I said had a question mark at the end, it was someone else's input that converted it from an admin suggestion into an issue and that was never my intention. In the end it doesn't matter one iota, it's utter minutia. You and your son have had an amazing experience and that's what counts, everyone knows that, including Warp and I.