PDA

View Full Version : how do tell what crank i have ?

tony archer
21-09-2012, 16:25
Hi Iam carrying out a rebuild on my phase 2 hill climb car as the bottom end was getting a bit noisy, i have the receipts for the initial buils although sometime ago at bb performance for there yellow spec engine, is there anyway i can identify if the crank is standard or not ? also i have the same with the cam but this does not look standard but how can i identify what it is ?:scratch:

Markey Mark (BD)
21-09-2012, 16:30
On the end of the cam (opposite end to pulley), see if anything has been stamped onto it. As standard they only have 'c' and 'u' on there

As for the crank easiest way would be to put some pics up, sometimes you can see if material has been removed or not in the pic

Kris M
21-09-2012, 16:33
theres no redily available aftermarket crank for the c1j. so its more than likely standard, possibly been knife edged. as for cams the originall cam has "CU" stamped into the end. aftermarket cams such as the piper 285 have "BP285" stamped into the end......be aware the standard cam (rather confusingly) has 285 cast into it between the lobes. but the main info your looking for will be stamped into the end.....hope this helps