PDA

View Full Version : Dump valve question(don't shoot me yet)

s3irios
21-09-2012, 15:35
Yeah, i know bin them flame them destroy the factories that construct them etc etc :cooter:

Still i just got a "hks" sequential one, put it with a t piece, no leaks no nothing, t piece to aei pipe too. All connected fine but it doesn't whoooshhhh.

I have it close to the carb.
Like this one but in chinese format :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAMinN_JzGg

I can press the vlve open from the opening but it feels kinda hard to do so, i've been told from a mechanic that checked it that the pressure neded is fine and it wil work with th 18psi i'm running. Still no whoosh no nothing.
Any bit of information except the classic "bin it" are welcome!!!:wasntme:

Nottswoody
21-09-2012, 15:37
Do you have the oe air filter on? I know mine sounds more with the aftermarket on

Romil Davda
21-09-2012, 15:39
Check the dumpvale properly... It might be sticking or leaking when on boost.

Do you get "chatter"? I assume you are boosting fine? Do you have a boost gauge fitted? if so, what does this read?

Is the DV a re-circ?

s3irios
21-09-2012, 15:57
I should have been more analytic. Sorry im at work and have multiple people spamming me :P

I only get turbo chatter same as before exactly like nothing changed. I don't have any leaks. I removed it and tried again with my finger i can push it open it just feels firm.
i read at hks site that it actually has 2 "piston"like things opening, the smaller one on low psi and the large one at high psi. I can open only the large one. Ofc all that if the chinese version is alike the hks in every aspect...:scared:
No it's not a recirc , it vcan be though by changing the front, ofc it comes extra and i didn't want it anyhow.

s3irios
21-09-2012, 16:04
Official site info:

http://www.hkseurope.com/turbochargers/blowoff.asp

Nottswoody
21-09-2012, 16:09
Did you get "vehical specific" just Iv personally never seen hms on a 5

s3irios
21-09-2012, 16:11
Nah not specific. It shouldn't be an issue really it shows it can work but for some reason it doesn't. :S It's a pull type dv not push.Still it should be working..

TNT ANDY
21-09-2012, 18:04
Silly question, but is your feed to pull the piston back connected above or below the throttle plate?

s3irios
21-09-2012, 18:56
As i said to the aei pipe, so below throttle :cool: