PDA

View Full Version : Low oil pressure

w35ty
18-09-2012, 17:08
Im getting just over 1- 1.5 bar when on idle warm? this right or? Iv checked oil level its fine, checked breathers cleaned all dunno what it is? Oil pick up? This reading is off stack mechanical aswell not oe

tubbyG
18-09-2012, 17:22
That's fine :D

w35ty
18-09-2012, 17:23
nothing to worry about then?

tubbyG
18-09-2012, 17:25
As long as pressure rises when the engine rev,s and your only seeing this pressure at idle then its safe.

w35ty
18-09-2012, 17:29
yeah it rises to about 3 when driving it sound then :D

Romil Davda
18-09-2012, 18:02
I use to get 1 bar at idle (warm) and 3-4 driving... I would not trust the gauge on the dash (assuming that is what we are talikng about).

If you want a true reading, go for a mechanical oil pressure gauge, cgb do a cheapist one, but you loose the gauge on the dash!

I am looking into getting a t-peice made up, so both gauges will work when fitted (I just dont like the fact I have a "dead" needle on the dash)

w35ty
18-09-2012, 18:19
thats the reading off my stack mechanical gauge i have that T'd in just up from the original sensor on my turbo oil feed, my dash one dont work maybe sensors knackered just never got round to doing it as the mechanical gives a more true reading

gttjames
19-09-2012, 12:44
I use to get 1 bar at idle (warm) and 3-4 driving... I would not trust the gauge on the dash (assuming that is what we are talikng about).

If you want a true reading, go for a mechanical oil pressure gauge, cgb do a cheapist one, but you loose the gauge on the dash!

I am looking into getting a t-peice made up, so both gauges will work when fitted (I just dont like the fact I have a "dead" needle on the dash)

yer dead gauge doesnt look good, atleast having it working and then take real readings off a gauge

Romil Davda
19-09-2012, 12:50
yer dead gauge doesnt look good, atleast having it working and then take real readings off a gauge

All good dude, the gauge on my dash does not work as I have plummed in the mechanical gauge I got from cgb ;)

I want to find a way of getting both the mechanical and dash gauuge working... any ideas? I know it means having both units connected to the oil line.

w35ty
19-09-2012, 15:17
Thats what iv got mate 2 oil pressure sensors the oe and my stack one further up t'd in.. Just i think my oe one needs changing as doesnt work might change it on next oil change get them both working:D

Romil Davda
19-09-2012, 15:27
Thats what iv got mate 2 oil pressure sensors the oe and my stack one further up t'd in.. Just i think my oe one needs changing as doesnt work might change it on next oil change get them both working:D

Can I have a pic???

My old sendor had a load of gunk in it, good to keep clean out on a regular basis I guess