PDA

View Full Version : what a carry on!!!!

casper
15-09-2012, 18:53
Tried to fit my t2/t25 today with no luck.first of all the oil return was too thin for the short length of hose,I bodged this by putting a thinner piece of hose inside.then the water pipe,the one closest to the drivers side,was nothing like,just a straight piece instead of the L shape.thought about swapping the one of my old Turbo but couldn't get a spanner on it.ended up putting old t2 back on.:confused:

Trevhib
16-09-2012, 10:27
This is absolutely par for the course, don't worry.

There are a number of different sized/shaped oil outlets fitted to the bottom of this type of turbo. There are also two different sizes of oil return pipe that Renault fitted from the factory. Getting a mismatch is common.

The water feed/outlets can also have different configurations depending on what car the turbo is designed to go on.

Where did the turbo come from? Was it supplied by a dealer 'ready-to-fit' a GTT?

In any case, a local turbo retailer or fastener supplier (like Think etc), should be able to help you out. Or Adam, on this site.

casper
16-09-2012, 13:00
I got it from CR turbos.Have seen these supplied from them before with all the correct fitments already in place.will give them a ring Monday.

dangerous dave
16-09-2012, 14:28
It's a day dream to think you can bolt another turbo on with not issues.. Mine went back in the box after a wasted effort.. It's best to get all the engine fittings/turbo and take them to think auto etc and say

"make that fit that"

It costs but less head ache..

casper
16-09-2012, 15:01
I did except some Modding but the bit that stopped me from fitting it,the water pipe underneath can be supplied with a 90 degree bend to it,not pointing straight down.

Tony Walker
16-09-2012, 15:04
Wouldnt be an issue running it without water connections for a little while till you sorted it. Just bridge the coolant hoses with some pipe and clips. make sure you let the car cool down awhile before switching off tho.