PDA

View Full Version : Headlights - Are LHD and RHD headlights compatible?

Numptysnumnuts
14-09-2012, 23:33
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I know on new cars the headlights are different in that you cannot fit a headlight unit from a LHD car on to a RHD car due to the angle of the lamp. Does the the same apply for the old R5's.

Also due to their age do the lights have to be CE approved?

I only ask because I have found some twin angel eye headlamp units which are made to order but as the company is German they are predominatly LHD units and do not carry the CE marking.

djinuk
14-09-2012, 23:51
id personally avoid buddy, angle eyes look terrible in anything of this era, simply because the headlamps are so large and boxy , they always look like a bodgy diy spec job.

Slammed 66
15-09-2012, 00:14
they also look completely :jerkoff: much like Lexus lights.

Yellow tint lamps FTW :worship:

Ross

michael tierney
15-09-2012, 20:30
some of the old reno's could be used left and right(r12)...why dont u ask the german supplier

Phoenix Autosport
15-09-2012, 22:06
a lhd R5's headlight beam pattern will be wrong for uk use, the headlight will fit the car but they wont adjust properly and you will dazzle drivers coming the other way.

as said angel eyes are not concidered a good look by many these days, dont wanna diss your taste but if you are after that look why not fit a set of morettes and change the main beam unit in them for aftermarket angel eye round units

Numptysnumnuts
16-09-2012, 08:23
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Have seen Morettes I do like them but when I did a search for them nothing came up except for a pair on Fleabay which as described by the seller in good condition for their age but slightly cracked and for £200 I thought he must have missed the decimal place.

If they are available then where to look or is it a case of seeing whats on the second hand market?

Don't worry about the link its a flash thing (Apple User) and the links dont work on Safari :eek: so thought they didn't make them anymore.

car.crash
16-09-2012, 08:29
There's a set for sale on here. Glen hi5 has them.

Phoenix Autosport
16-09-2012, 20:49
it is very much a case of seeing whats for sale but if you are looking for some check out the for sale section, post in the wanteds section and talk to mike at gtturbospares, if anyones likely to have some in a cupboard somewhere its probably him.

realy good condition sets will command good money though :)