PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

Numptysnumnuts
14-09-2012, 23:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Like most mine works from the console buttons but have no key fob. Come to think about it when I got the car I didn't even have door latches or the cut outs to access these areas but I do now ;).

Question is do I need the complete universal kit or the one that says for cars that have a master central locking from the drivers door? Theres only £4 difference but one seems to come with a lot more wires.

I also don't have a boot lock the previous owner thought it would be better to have a little cable inside and a smooth boot but again looking at these kits I can get an additional unit so that I can pop the boot with a fob. I have the solenoid lock for the boot where the wiper motor should be but obviously it was too taxing for the previous owner to wire as he bypassed it and ran a brake lead all the way to the front. Both kits seem to have the option for this additional feature so doesn't really matter. Just have to run the leads to the motor and a relay if I have read it right. Would like the tailgate I have on my C-Max where you can open it fully and close it just at the press of a button but doubt theres a kit to do this available for a Renault 5.

Phoenix Autosport
15-09-2012, 22:21
if you can post up links to the 2 kits you are concidering i will take a look and advise on which is the best bet :agree: