PDA

View Full Version : Radio 1 Chris moyles show

Pete@Backyard Racing
14-09-2012, 20:36
Did anyone else listen to the Chris moyles show?
Personally i'm gutted it's finished and disagree with the reasons the show was finished. (to encourage younger listeners)
What does everyone else think???

Slammed 66
14-09-2012, 20:50
I won't bother with radio 1 in the mornings now, nick grimshaw's voice goes right through me.

Really going to miss Chris and the team. Many times they've had me on the verge of doing a pmsl.

Os8472
14-09-2012, 20:56
To be fair mate the reasons given to the public aren't the real reason he's packed it in, I know the real reason but I've been sworn to secrecy over it, but needless to say Chris decided to end the show, not the bbc.

He is still under contract with the bbc till the end of 2013 and will be doing an evening slot part time, after that he may stay on doing that or he may leave, who knows.

Tony Walker
14-09-2012, 20:56
Thats crazy???

Os8472
14-09-2012, 21:00
Thats crazy???

I know but he needed this to sort things out, better this than anything else to happen.

TNT Tricky Nicky
14-09-2012, 21:01
Kinda gutted it's finished. Don't get the reason is to get younger listeners because they'll be in school, college or work at that time. As oli says gotta be more to it.

Not sure what I'll listen to now as I can't stand local radio with all the adverts for bobs used cars ect ect

Os8472
14-09-2012, 21:03
Kinda gutted it's finished. Don't get the reason is to get younger listeners because they'll be in school, college or work at that time. As oli says gotta be more to it.

Not sure what I'll listen to now as I can't stand local radio with all the adverts for bobs used cars ect ect

There is more to it fella, as I said it was Chris's decision not the bbc's, they actualy asked him not to go.

Kris M
14-09-2012, 21:04
Il certainly miss the show

dangerous dave
14-09-2012, 21:13
If you listen to 90% of radio its just people lying, talking cr@p and repeating themselves... The only shows i can listen to are moyles and Scott mills as they spend most the time taking the piiss and mock the singers/songs that are sh1te..

You really have to be a c¥nt to be on the radio having to tell will young how you really enjoyed his album and you can't wait for his new single. I'd kill myself before selling out and having to spout sh1t like fearne, Greg James, grimmy etc.

Loads of people hate moyles, but he was a bloke on the radio, not a man with a vagina like all these new guys.. There the new age of she-men, they look like men but no back bone, wear make up, skinny jeans and use tampons..

youngscottie
14-09-2012, 21:28
No changing tracks with jo
No car park catchphrase with Chris
My listening to radio 1 is over
I'm moving on to Evans on radio 2

Coops
14-09-2012, 21:34
i'm not really too fussed, i have been listening to Chris Evans since pretty much he came on air in the mornings, he poached me from the moyles show easily

Ricardo
14-09-2012, 21:41
I found his show a little too 'all about him' a little bit cocky, arrogant. I read his autobiography a couple of years ago and he actually came across as a decent, dedicated man who loves his job........ It seems (to me anyway) that he puts himself across in a completely different way on air to what or who he is in 'real' life.

I'll never know what he's actually like, I could be wrong but get the feeling his style of broadcasting slowly turned listeners away..... I stopped listening to Radio 1 during the day ages ago, we're lucky to have pirate stations that play decent, quality house music all day :)

Phoenix Autosport
14-09-2012, 21:47
as soon as reliable mobile broadband is here radio's days will be numbered anyway, these days i generally listen to online radio where i can decide what type of music i want and dont have to put up with all the waffle, then if i want to listen to news or current affairs ect there are stations for that,
i think the beeb has prety much lost touch with reality, they see the age of the listener as a problem and then deliberately seek to alienate part of their audience because they are "too old" ,i say just play good music and appreciate each and every person who listens, it just smacks of arrogance because they dont have to attract listeners in order to secure funding.

just my 2 cents :laugh:

markg
14-09-2012, 21:48
I won't bother with radio 1 in the mornings now, nick grimshaw's voice goes right through me.

Really going to miss Chris and the team. Many times they've had me on the verge of doing a pmsl.

Got to agree, what I've heard of Grimshaw I certainly wont be listening :agree:. Then again at 38 suppose I'm not the target audience anyway. Absolute Radio would be ok if it didn't have ads every 5 mins so that's another one I cant listen too. Looks like I will be filling the car with CD's from now on.

kentraider
14-09-2012, 21:57
sod bbc....stick.with kiss100
;-);-)

dangerous dave
14-09-2012, 22:06
sod bbc....stick.with kiss100
;-);-)

they lost me at "tweet us at kiss 100"

erm.....no

click, radio goes off

markg
14-09-2012, 22:11
Kiss was good maybe 15+ years ago but these days just another commercial sell out station. Bring back street boy and I may listen, he was the best thing on there.

Sam Fish
14-09-2012, 22:16
I cant stand Kiss, or Radio one. The music is so bad.

Absolute radio say they don't repeat any songs during the day, then have the same advert repeated 3 times in 10 minutes. I hate adverts.

I listen to BBC 6 Music. Vast array of music and mostly decent presenters. Not a fan of all the music, but the percentage is higher than any others!

kentraider
14-09-2012, 22:20
Kiss was good maybe 15+ years ago but these days just another commercial sell out station. Bring back street boy and I may listen, he was the best thing on there.

i hear ya....
streetboy an bam bam were legends...kiss is repetitive at times.but i like the after hours sets with logan sama etc....at least they are in touch.with urban music....

bod 182
14-09-2012, 22:22
Archers all the way:)

kentraider
all commercial stations have there hands tied with playlists etc.....

car.crash
Bang fm for me as I'm a hoodrat. Adverts for SAMs crappy chicken restaurants and a one man band tyre garage. Budget radio at its best.

old skool turbo power
14-09-2012, 22:29
To be fair mate the reasons given to the public aren't the real reason he's packed it in, I know the real reason but I've been sworn to secrecy over it, but needless to say Chris decided to end the show, not the bbc.

i can belive that.i have listend to the show for the last 10 yrs....when he was in the afternoon slot from 4-7pm he was good then,before him was mark and lard they were good and funny to listen to good radio....and then pete tong on a friday night 7pm now that was good radio.:)
when he moved to the mornings he was ok but got better as time gone on
I wud say that in the last 2/3 yrs of listening to him you can kinda tell that the bbc has tryed to make the show all pc and making it better for a younger listeners :confused: the music now on the show/station is a laod of crap now imo or is that just me and new music:laugh:
shows on the bbc was good now gone on the radio
chris molyes
mark and lard
jonathan ross on radio 2

talk sport was funny as well great to listen to but now very :crap::coffee:

Mart
14-09-2012, 22:30
Moyles was ok, but I'd rather sh1t in my hand & clap, than listen to Grimshaw. Big mistake letting him take the breakfast slot...unless this is the beebs ploy to get another 'big name' DJ (*) to take over when the listener numbers start dwindling.

* Like Chris Evans.

old skool turbo power
14-09-2012, 22:35
Loads of people hate moyles, but he was a bloke on the radio, not a man with a vagina like all these new guys.. There the new age of she-men, they look like men but no back bone, wear make up, skinny jeans and use tampons..

:laugh::agree:

kentraider
14-09-2012, 22:38
Moyles was ok, but I'd rather sh1t in my hand & clap, than listen to Grimshaw. Big mistake letting him take the breakfast slot...unless this is the beebs ploy to get another 'big name' DJ (*) to take over when the listener numbers start dwindling.

* Like Chris Evans.

pmsl :agree:

m5tt
14-09-2012, 23:07
I cant stand Kiss, or Radio one. The music is so bad.

Absolute radio say they don't repeat any songs during the day, then have the same advert repeated 3 times in 10 minutes. I hate adverts.

I listen to BBC 6 Music. Vast array of music and mostly decent presenters. Not a fan of all the music, but the percentage is higher than any others!

10/17 for you then Sam! Haha

Mike GTT
15-09-2012, 00:50
I'll miss the Chris Moyles Show, just like I missed it everytime it was on.

Thundercat
15-09-2012, 02:34
Bring back Steve Wright, the good old days!

Moggy
15-09-2012, 08:13
being on the road 24/7 I'll miss Chris getting me going in the morning when I couldn't be bothered!

Its nice he went out on his terms, but.... for whatever reason, his fans have stuck by him through everything, it would of been nice if he'd of actually spoken out and told them what was happening........ or even what is happening after Chris Moyles live

I watched the whole of fridays show on the red thingy, and it was good, but Dave, Dom and Tina just didn't want to be there.

I've been flicking to R2 and Evans for a bit now, well since he said he was leaving, but I think the Ipod will be getting a work out in the mornings, but I stopped listening to the rest of radio 1 once Jo Whiley left.... Ken Bruce FTW! LMFAO

Still don't get radio 1, they want this 'target' audience... well they already listen to something else...... and one crappy party boy isn't going to change that, plus unless things have changed... they only listen for about 10mins in the morning!

I think its the beginning of the end of radio1, shame.....but its never going to be what the 'big boss' wants it to be

Ricardo
15-09-2012, 08:57

I remember when Kiss was a pirate station, could just about get it in the deep suburbs of Southend :)

Agreed about Kiss but guess it was the only way it would carry on, Kisstory is predictable, samey.

Essex FM ( I absolutely detest commercial radio) has been bought into the Heart FM franchise. I cannot stand double glazing, local adverts. The same way I don't like ITV in the way there's more advert time nowadays. Thank god there's Sky+

car.crash
15-09-2012, 09:44
This thread is proof we're old farts now.

allanr5gtt
15-09-2012, 10:27
This thread is proof we're old farts now.

:laugh:

The new Bill J
15-09-2012, 15:25
I hate Cris Moyles, and I hate Radio 1 :mad:

Come to think of it, I hate everybody, and I hate everything :scratch:

Sparkie
15-09-2012, 20:28
Grimmy by nickname, grim by nature.....

devilish dave
15-09-2012, 20:55
I'm absolutely gutted the big fella and team has retired from radio 1. I've been listening to them for my full working career and it'll definitely be different now.
tried numerous times to get on the show and obviously not succeeded due to being wierd but ever mind

Phoenix Autosport
15-09-2012, 21:43
Bring back Steve Wright, the good old days!
he is on radio 2 drive time, show not really got that vibe he had back in the day though, all grown up now :(

i liked mark and lard, fat harry white in his soft top bedford rascal :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ashy
15-09-2012, 23:16
I haven't listened to radio 1 breakfast since Kevin & Zoe!!

Can't get away with Moyles.... :disagree:

allanr5gtt
16-09-2012, 07:55
stop

carry on :laugh:

Trevhib
16-09-2012, 11:17
Fighting talk on Radio Five Live on Saturday morning's is decent. You have to put up with MW radio quality though. In this day and age :disagree:

Where next for the fat man though (not that I've listened to him in years)? He's tried to break onto TV three times and failed so that's a no-go.

dangerous dave
16-09-2012, 11:28
Fighting talk on Radio Five Live on Saturday morning's is decent. You have to put up with MW radio quality though. In this day and age :disagree:

Where next for the fat man though (not that I've listened to him in years)? He's tried to break onto TV three times and failed so that's a no-go.

He really does have a face for radio...

Trevhib
16-09-2012, 11:43
:laugh: