PDA

View Full Version : Best free to download video Splitter/Editor

ChrisGT
14-09-2012, 09:55
Hi All,

When at Blyton at the National day I recorded in car footage of every run I did on track. Problem is I recorded it in 720p on my phone so the vids are a little large and I need to trim them down. Can anyone recommended a FREE to download video splicer that I can use to edit the vids.

Some of the Vids have a few Very sporting Tussles with a few cars :smokin: Although obviously there was no Racing involved!.;) I was going to post them on PhotoBucket for all here to see. It would be good to see if we can identify some of the cars. I know a lot of people would like to see their car going round track but haven't got any recordings etc so if I have inadvertently captured a few members on here giving everyone a masterclass in track driving then I don't mind posting the link. I definitely had a few laps of chasing a cup car, Clio, S2000 and a couple of other 5's. White one and a Blue one I think. If i can get the Vids edited and uploaded does anyone have any issues with them being posted. Thought id ask first.

Nottswoody
14-09-2012, 10:18
Get them up bud it might help the members that didn't go want to go.. It's my goal for winter to make the 5 track worthy for blyton :) I hope to have some fun on there my shocks burst on me the day before nd this year so was unable to get on track :cry:

ChrisGT
14-09-2012, 10:26
Ive just downloaded Windows movie maker to just trim them down a bit. Blyton was brilliant mate I can properly recommend it. Shame you didn't get on track tho.

Ive just confirmed with the Mrs about the French trip next year 'Oh Yes' lol:cool:

Hopefully the 5 will hold together that long, I had the engine out at the weekend just gone and EVERYTHING was a nightmare lol. Its finally going again tho so need a good run out.

Ace Cafe Monday night i think.

Nottswoody
14-09-2012, 10:30
Was it your 1st time taking it out?? You will get used to it..

Everyone what's the fastest someone's had the lump out and back in running?

ChrisGT
14-09-2012, 10:44
Yea Ive done other cars but first time on a 5. I was taking the head off purely to change manifold studs as I had one snapped. Then I thought while it was off I would put a 285 Cam in it, Uprate engine mounts etc. Couldn't get the stud out so ended up changing the head.
Then water pump was knackered on my new/second hand head.
Snapped four bolts changing the water pump. Snapped in the head.
Sorted that then on first start It had a loud rattle or a knock. Did tappets no joy. Then after advice found that my rocker cover Bolts were 11MM?? Hmmmmm They should be somewhere else i thought! Yep that's it, on the threaded bolts holding the rocker rail down!! Put them on and Rattle was much reduced but still not good.
Went to start it the next day to do the tappets again and it turned over like it had no compression.
Upon inspection yesterday I found that the Lug inside the cam pulley had snapped off While parked on the drive overnight!!

Luckiest Bugger around. Changed cam pulley now all good again. Six days later!
Big thanks to Big Dan C and Logg for their help and support also!

Now that was a Mission!

R5MJH
14-09-2012, 11:39
hi mate im the master of converting use winavi if ya need a hand pm me ya phone number ill help ya boss easy

ChrisGT
14-09-2012, 11:45
Thanks for the offer mate, Ive managed to do it with Windows Movie Maker, Its just taking an age to upload them to Photo Bucket. I hope there is no limit to the size of upload lol. I didnt want to lose the quality so they are still large, and quite long.

R5MJH
14-09-2012, 13:23
youtube better for vids mate bucket rubbish you want a vid bit rate of around 4000 and use xvid codec

ChrisGT
14-09-2012, 13:29
Thanks for that mate im just uploading to the Tube now. Shouldnt be long. How do i link to them on here?

R5MJH
14-09-2012, 14:38
i done some of pod once uploaded take 1 link and post then once on that they can watch the others mate