PDA

View Full Version : turbo/downpipe

casper
13-09-2012, 23:54
When mateing a t25 downpipe to a t2 turbine housing,what do you do about the hole that dosent line up,just forget it and use the 4.

R5MJH
14-09-2012, 01:45
i used a spacer and then a big washer so it catchs the metal that way its hels down proper mate

TNT ANDY
14-09-2012, 06:44
When mateing a t25 downpipe to a t2 turbine housing,what do you do about the hole that dosent line up,just forget it and use the 4.

I take it you're referring to the elbow that mounts to the back of the turbo - I assembled it and then placed an M8/M10 bolt in the right place, tacked it in place then separated and fully welded the bolt in place. EasipeesyJapaneezi

casper
14-09-2012, 06:48
Hi sorry but don't really understand what you mean or how it works.It is early..:confused:

BILLY-R5GTT
14-09-2012, 11:30
Hi Casper :agree:

You can remove the stud that does't line up and stick with the 4 and tighten them up, I've seen this done with no leaks.

You can weld a stud in place on your housing to line up with the hole on your elbow but it has to be a tidy job so the housing and elbow sit flush and seals properly.

Or the big washer trick, bolt the 4 bolts in tight and you'll see either the hole in your housing/or stud still in place that isn't doing anything. If you slide a big washer onto the stud it over laps your elbow so when you tighten down the nut it will apply pressure where you need it.

Pretty much what Andy and R5MJH have said.

Good luck matey :agree: