PDA

View Full Version : What car

SirSamuelOfBuca
13-09-2012, 15:22
Well after xmas I will have the funds for a new car.

I would love either a focus rs mk1 (preferably tuned to approx 300bhp). I always thought this would be my next car. But looking around I have come across the Megane r26 f1. They look good in yellow imo (I want something that stands out [-=). I want to track it and think it would be possibly better for this with its LSD as standard. I dont think I could stand the 230 bhp but sure you could get 260+ easily enough.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

r5 rich
13-09-2012, 16:05
Well after xmas I will have the funds for a new car.

I would love either a focus rs mk1 (preferably tuned to approx 300bhp). I always thought this would be my next car. But looking around I have come across the Megane r26 f1. They look good in yellow imo (I want something that stands out [-=). I want to track it and think it would be possibly better for this with its LSD as standard. I dont think I could stand the 230 bhp but sure you could get 260+ easily enough.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

The focus mk1 for me wasn`t a nice car to drive. Tuned slighty my friends one torque steered alot and to tune them it isn't the cheapest. Think standard they run a t25.I think for about the same money the megane r26 is the better option in my opinion. Its a younger car, better interior.

SirSamuelOfBuca
13-09-2012, 16:15
this would be my thoughts. i want something I can hammer round a track/the ring. I love the focus but i think i love it more for what its part of rather than the car itself. ahhhhh.

Hard to get much power out of the f1 r26? i would like something around 260-300bhp

philg
13-09-2012, 19:12
What about an Evo.

Biggs
13-09-2012, 21:08
this would be my thoughts. i want something I can hammer round a track/the ring. I love the focus but i think i love it more for what its part of rather than the car itself. ahhhhh.

Hard to get much power out of the f1 r26? i would like something around 260-300bhp

300bhp is the upper end of the safe limit on the r26's engine without opening it up and going forged.

Have alook at RSTuning's website for an idea of price for getting to that level.

SirSamuelOfBuca
14-09-2012, 11:22
ye cannot afford the insurance on a group 20 car or an evo/sti/z3m coupe would be on my list.

Id love a cerbera but they are slightly out of budget :(

BILLY-R5GTT
14-09-2012, 11:37
How a bout a BMW M3 either E46 or E36 evo? You'd have over 300bhp standard on both :)

Quick, reliable, full of gadgets and RWD fun.

But depends if you want a turbo or not...

Pitty your insurance is a problem I would of said EVO 6 :agree:

SirSamuelOfBuca
14-09-2012, 12:30
ive only been driving just over 12 months lol. (I am 27 almost)

Has to be a turbo. Would go N/A but it would have to be something special like a v8 i.e Cerbera :D

Budget it gonna be 6-8k.

Insurance on a focus rs mk1 seems pretty cheap for me tbh so it will most likely be the best bet. Always hankered for a ford and i know they can go to over 300bhp wth just a few mods (forge acutuator, decat, remap). Ideally a STI/evo 6/7/8 would be best bet but insurance is like 4000 for me on one lol (plus evo running costs ;'(). I would love an M3 cab or z3m coupe but again insurance is mad on them :(

I did want RWD which is why i was looking at a sierra cossie but i need to change my image a bit and as it would be my daily do not think being self employed and blasting round in a old sierra cossie would be a good look (according to the missus). Its bad enough driving round in a stripped out and caged r5 (well i enjoy it haha) :)

BILLY-R5GTT
14-09-2012, 14:26
One thing for it then... a series 2 turbo, rwd with a 300bhp YB! :D

Phoenix Autosport
14-09-2012, 20:30
if you want a bit of excitement and drama from a small car it has to be french, no one else makes hot hatches quite the same,
seriously would you want to join the RS owners club and talk about how they all carry polishing cloths at all times and spend a months salary on some silly polish that contains gwatamalan monkey juice.

how about keeping it real with a modded twingo turbo :agree: