PDA

View Full Version : Rear bumper strips

Charlie
11-09-2012, 18:31
Hi Guys, I have been restoring my 5 for approx 18 months now, just got her painted last week. Went to put my new rear bumper strip on and its about 15mm to short at each end. Renault ordered me another one it came today and its the same. They look as if they been cut and need a finishing trim at the end. What am I missing? can someone post a photo of theirs or let me know what to do. Cheers :confused:

Jonny5
11-09-2012, 18:35
Hi Guys, I have been restoring my 5 for approx 18 months now, just got her painted last week. Went to put my new rear bumper strip on and its about 15mm to short at each end. Renault ordered me another one it came today and its the same. They look as if they been cut and need a finishing trim at the end. What am I missing? can someone post a photo of theirs or let me know what to do. Cheers :confused:

Thats how they come now mate :crap:
I had to pull off the finishing trims off the ends of my old ones and then glue them onto my new ones.
My thread from a while back,

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=19002

Charlie
11-09-2012, 18:57
unfortunately I have dumped my old one. thanks for the help. :scratch:

markg
11-09-2012, 19:53
Just checked the new one I have for my car and that seems fine. Got it off Mike about 18 months back so guess these ones with the unfinished ends are a fairly new batch ?. Give Mike a try, you never know what he has tucked away. For the money they cost you would expect the ends to be finished nicely.

Jonny5
11-09-2012, 19:58
For the money they cost you would expect the ends to be finished nicely.

:agree:

Charlie
11-09-2012, 21:42
Thanks guys, I'm not putting the new one on it looks like F--- All. Going to ask renault for my money back. :crap: