PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1 Renault 5 turbo driveshaft fitting problem.....

rumpelstiltskin
11-09-2012, 13:35
Well,not so much the fitting it's after i've fitted them the problem arises.It's really odd,driver's side shaft spins nice and smooth when you turn the hub(car is jacked up by chassis rails,wheels off)but the passenger side is odd,when you turn teh hub, every half a revolution the gearbox jolts??And while you're turning the hub during that half cycle the gearbox moves slowly towards the front of the car,then when there's the jolt the gearbox returns to where it was lol,it's doing my head in.Mate came across and says maybe it's the way the car's jacked up and all the weight is down on the end of the shaft?
I jacked up under the wishbone to relieve pressure on the shaft but the problem still exists,just to a lesser extent,the gearbox then vibrates slightly when the hub is turned by hand?Anyone any ideas,shafts are both fully home and fixed properly(yes locating pins are in driver's one)so i don't understand it!I've just put a new front subframe on the car but that went well with no real problems,cheers in advance!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
11-09-2012, 14:07
Might be worth your while draining the gearbox down and removing the shaft, hope the inner spider joint hasn't let go inside the diff.

Was it difficult to locate them in place at any point?