PDA

View Full Version : My Renault 5 gt turbo phase 2

Dave Reed
10-09-2012, 23:49
It come with great sadness that I have to sell my beloved 5 :(

I've owned her for 12yrs and have modified her to be one of the quickest cars in the club! The only reason I'm having the sell is because I've started a new project and need the funds.

I am starting this thread now but I am not ready to sell just yet as I'm changing over the G/B, getting the front bumper repainted and giving her a full service ready for a new owner.... I am also going to take some pics of some of the stuff that can not been seen by eye etc whilst it's all apart.

I don't know the exact power of the engine at full power as i've not had her on a rolling road at full power. I do know as many of you see at Blyton she made 278bhp @ only 1.5 bar of boost (can run up to 2.2 bar)

So for some facts she can do a SQM of 11.7 @ 118mph without the gas & 11.22 @ 126 with 75hp gas..

She has got many expensive and trick parts to make her as fast & reliable as possible. I'll start a list but will only disclose the full details to the buyer.

10 months MOT & 5 months tax

engine;
1397cc OHV
Full efi conversation (Michael T inlet manifold, Adaptronic Ecu)
550cc peak & hold Siemens injectors
Cosworth fuel pump
Steel rods
Forge piston
Low comp
Dynamically balanced & lightened bottom end inc flywheel
MLS gasket
Larger head bolts
bigger valves
One of cam grind
Double valve spring
Bronze guides
Uprated push rods
Uprated rocker gear
ported head
raceland exhaust manifold
Turbosmart ultra gate 38 external w/g
GT28rs roller bearing turbo
ultra light weight custom flywheel
BMS 2 1/2" down pipe
Custom 2 1/2" side exist exhaust
NOS system with 2 foggers
Massive custon alloy radiator with 16" spal fan (not cheap chinese ****) cost over £450
Huge 3" thick intercooler 600 x 267 core
+ more

G/B
Standard JB3
7 1/4" cerametallic rally clutch
custom fitted 44mm release bearing

Body/chassis
Pearl white with metallic blue body kit
A&J front bumper
Smoothed standard rear bumper
Perspex windows all round
New under seal 2yrs ago - I scrapped all the old stuff of and put a couple of fresh coats on.
Spax coil overs height & dampening adjustable
Spax dampening adjustable rear dampers
Custom traction bars
Mintex fast road pads
Cross drilled and grooved discs front & rear
Logg & scoff engine mounts

Interior
Sprayed same colour as outside
S/D fia spec roll cage professionally fitted
OMP 2" harnesses
OMP Bucket seat
Oil pressure gauge
SPA electronic Fuel pressure gauge
Zeitronix ZT -2 LCD screen pack with wide band & exhaust gas temp
3" tacho with built in shift light
NOS bottle with heater
Carbon fibre battery box (behind passenger seat)
Custom door cards

Wheels/tyres
15" TSW fly's
F tyres - toyo's
R tyres Yoko's

I'm the 5th owner and the mileage is currently just over 90k

I've probably forgotten loads tbh, but that's all I can really remember for now.. I have a folder full of receipts + all the original Renault service history etc. I will have to check when the last Renault service was, but it was when I first bought her back in 1998 :D

There are a few bits that need attention... (like with every 2nd hand cars) It's mainly the engine bay needs a repaint and the wheels could do with a refurb and some how one of the wings has a small dent on top of it, you can hardly notice it tbh and I'm sure a smart repairer would get it out easily (in fact I may get this done) I would rather be open and honest.

Price I won't take a penny less than £7k

I also have quite a few spares including a spare engine, again a full list can be provided.

Some pics I have laying around I will take new ones once it's all back together and ready.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu326/daver5turbo/mypics001.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu326/daver5turbo/reno.jpg

Hi 5
11-09-2012, 20:07
Good luck with sale pal

Tony Walker
11-09-2012, 20:30
Good luck with sale pal
:agree:

Dave Reed
11-09-2012, 22:17
Thanks guys..

Ricardo
12-09-2012, 19:42
An absolute beast of a 5! A shame it has to go as its been with you so long. I wish I had that kind of dollar to spare, I'd snap yer arm off for it Dave. Good luck with the sale

Dave Reed
13-09-2012, 09:44
An absolute beast of a 5! A shame it has to go as its been with you so long. I wish I had that kind of dollar to spare, I'd snap yer arm off for it Dave. Good luck with the sale

Cheers Rich.. It will leave a big whole in me when she's goes. I've had some great fun in her over the years.

Karlos
13-09-2012, 10:01
... in addtion to my last post (i.e Glenn's thread) another motor going :(. Hope you can sell as whole. Kd :)

r5 rich
13-09-2012, 11:21
Cheers Rich.. It will leave a big whole in me when she's goes. I've had some great fun in her over the years.

I said that about my X misses. Don`t regret not seeing her in the morning now:laugh:

Dave Reed
26-09-2012, 18:28
Ok so no real interest, which tbh I'm not that surprised as who wants to spend this much on a 5 lol..

So I guess really I should think about breaking her up for parts.. With what I've listed already and the spec I would like to see what sort of interest there is for parts..

I will list a full list of prices when I get an idea that it will mostly sell.. I would ideally like to sell the big stuff 1st so the shell and engine

Cheers,
Dave

Dave Reed
26-09-2012, 21:57
To add to this... I'll be taking photos of parts Friday and will add the prices.

Dave

Dave Reed
28-09-2012, 21:35
I have failed with my promise and have not got any pics today.. The plan is tomorrow now. Sorry.

Anyhow I will update to was has gone already.

Engine
EFI set up
Clutch/flywheel
Exhaust manifold
Poss turbo

Agian though if there is anything you are after just pm me and I will give you a price and sort pics.

Thanks,
Dave.

Ricardo
28-09-2012, 22:28
Out of interest Dave, what size turbo is it? i.e full T3... Obviously no doubt not wanting to go too into details spec wise