PDA

View Full Version : DAVETURBO whos owed money,parts

r5_scotty
10-09-2012, 21:05
:mad: would seem things aint being resolved. anyone else having the same issue. we need to sort this . its not funny.

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2012, 21:07
I've told him what i'm owed and not heard back yet, am getting abit pissed off to be honest think i would rather half my money back now

r5_scotty
10-09-2012, 21:14
just got a text

it reads

hi mate.im going round to his on friday night to pick the parts up.i spoke to him on sunday night and he told me the parts are all at his house and i can pick them up.his working away so i`ll go and see whats there and if the rad is in his shed i`ll post it out first thing sayurday. im not refunding anyone with my own money.i gave him every penny i got sent through paypal in cash.

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2012, 21:16
Lets hope we all get our parts owed to us now

r5_scotty
10-09-2012, 21:16
still not good enough. we all send money through paypal as a gift on the forum as we trust people on them. it saves them tax etc. this isnt fair on everyone and will now cause an issue with gifting money! and i belive if its dave account then its his responsibility to sort the issue! :mad:

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2012, 21:17
still not good enough. we all send money through paypal as a gift on the forum as we trust people on them. it saves them tax etc. this isnt fair on everyone and will now cause an issue with gifting money! and i belive if its dave account then its his responsibility to sort the issue! :mad:

:agree:

daveturbo
10-09-2012, 21:24
Im trying to sort this as best I can. I manges to get a 30 second conversation with him Sunday night, he says all the parts are at his house in the shed and if I go round on friday his girlfriend will get them me. Now what's there I don't know. All thae parts I know need posting are...

Rad

Console

Exhaust

Weather the parts are there or not I don't know. I'll know more Friday when I go to his house.

kentraider
10-09-2012, 22:19

maybe its me getting busy as i havnt even paid for parts that are owed...
ive bought plenty of parts of good honest trustworthy people via gifts on paypal....
i understand the position that daves in.....but the fella is obviously not ur friend dave as a friend wouldnt even hang u out to dry like he has....

hes blatantly taking the piss at the end of the day.....he managed to find access to a computer to collect the money easy enough :dearme: :dearme:

Haz
10-09-2012, 22:36
what happened to the other thread this was all on? looks like its been deleted. imo it all sounds a bit weird but before it gets out of hand could the ip address not be checked to verify a 3rd party is involved. i dont think letting someone use an rtoc, and then a bank account is a good idea. why couldnt the guy not sign up himself, or use his paypal account. very easy to get a bad rep on here.

Chunk
10-09-2012, 23:01
Luckily I didn't send mine as a gift so i've opened a Paypal dispute.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake on Dave's part and I think his 'friend' has screwed him over well and truly, but I'm just going to claim my money back rather than waiting around for parts that probably won't arrive.

r5_scotty
11-09-2012, 06:31
what happened to the other thread this was all on? looks like its been deleted. imo it all sounds a bit weird but before it gets out of hand could the ip address not be checked to verify a 3rd party is involved. i dont think letting someone use an rtoc, and then a bank account is a good idea. why couldnt the guy not sign up himself, or use his paypal account. very easy to get a bad rep on here.

looks like he deleted the thread:mad: its gettin a joke. this thread wont be deleted.

his mobile number for everyone - 07946839548 -

r5_scotty
11-09-2012, 06:32
Luckily I didn't send mine as a gift so i've opened a Paypal dispute.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake on Dave's part and I think his 'friend' has screwed him over well and truly, but I'm just going to claim my money back rather than waiting around for parts that probably won't arrive.

think you`ve done the right thing :agree: get your money back mate.

Nottswoody
11-09-2012, 07:12
think you`ve done the right thing :agree: get your money back mate.

What is the club doing to help all you guys? Iv been reading this for a while now and I can see real damage to the clubs reputation happening here no matter people try to hide it its happend here and I think you guys have been cool about it so far. I wouldn't be that's for sure..

James5
11-09-2012, 07:36

Not that I purchased anything but reading the thread and seeing the other thread I agree with Haz is there another party involved?? or is it the same bloke either pulling a fast one or just fecking lazy.

daveturbo
11-09-2012, 07:39
I'm doing all I can to sort this. HAZ .. It's fine with me if the club wants to check ip addresses etc. I let him use the account to help him try and shift some parts he had from his project he never finished and let him use my PayPal email address(I never gave him the password for it) any money that was sent to that was given to him in cash and I sent the money to my bank.im not trying to hide anything. He was never a good mate in the first place, just somebody Iv got to know over the years from selling him parts etc for the car he was re building.
He has always seemed like I decent chap in the past so I let him use my account.I got rid of the other threat because of the rep it was giving me on here. Iv always sold and bought parts in the past with no problems.
I'll see what I can do Friday when I go and pick up whatever he's got there.

Mart
11-09-2012, 08:20
What is the club doing to help all you guys? Iv been reading this for a while now and I can see real damage to the clubs reputation happening here no matter people try to hide it its happend here and I think you guys have been cool about it so far. I wouldn't be that's for sure..

It's got nothing to do with the club.

"RTOC Classifieds Use & Disclaimer.
1. The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club."

You pays ya money, you takes ya chances...

Nottswoody
11-09-2012, 08:27
It's got nothing to do with the club.

"RTOC Classifieds Use & Disclaimer.
1. The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club."

You pays ya money, you takes ya chances...

I was thinking more of the deleting of threads these should be put back for everyone to see just incase there is another "I let him use my account" so is this the clubs stance on building a reputation? For every great thing that happens its these kinda things that tarnish the name.. I'm trying and been trying to get new members to this club but how will it ever happen when this is being excepted? Just mop

car.crash
11-09-2012, 08:37
The whole PayPal gift is used all to often. Pay the extra couple of quid for insurance. I would only use gift for the likes of gt turbo spares.

Nottswoody
11-09-2012, 08:47
The whole PayPal gift is used all to often. Pay the extra couple of quid for insurance. I would only use gift for the likes of gt turbo spares.

Just my opinion here Iv bought loads off lots of members BUT I never use PayPal I always ask for bank details simply because If they trust me I will trust them and thankfully ALL members so far have been excellent sellers.. But if it went tits up I have an email to prove purchase and a bank detail to work with.. Let me just reassure members this happens but it Dosnt happen often..

simon_1561
11-09-2012, 09:05
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

whilst your at your mates dave do me faour and see in my gt tuning cooler pipes are there cheersill pay you for them

Mart
11-09-2012, 09:26
I was thinking more of the deleting of threads these should be put back for everyone to see just incase there is another "I let him use my account" so is this the clubs stance on building a reputation? For every great thing that happens its these kinda things that tarnish the name.. I'm trying and been trying to get new members to this club but how will it ever happen when this is being excepted? Just mop

Nothing's being accepted. As I said, the items sold on here aren't the responsibility of rtoc. Likewise, point 4 of the disclaimer:

4. The Club does not accept any responsibility for any problems which may occur with any of the items advertised for sale here, nor the accuracy of the text of the advertisements

Even if the Committee wanted to get involved, what do you think they can do?

I don't know of any previous threads being deleted, but if people were already wise to this fella, why are they risking it & buying from him again?

Saying all that, he might be genuine, and just getting dicked around by his mate.

He's asked people to bear with him until this Friday - If it isn't sorted by then, he should either pay back the money straight away, or (or if he's not willing to refund), you take legal action against him, or pay him a visit & sort it out face to face.

Haz
11-09-2012, 09:44
As marts mentioned, the classifieds aren't the responsibility of the club. With over 700 members it's hard to keep track of and with any big club there will always people trying to pull a fast one. Deleting the previous thread because it's tarnishing your rep imo isn't helping the matter, it should have been left up so others can see that it is being resolved, sure it's giving you a bad name but since you let someone use your rtoc account (can't see why the guy didn't have one while he owned, building and breaking his project?), and then using your paypal (again, I don't see why the guy couldn't use his own) so technically it is your responsibility to sort it out since your the only contact as I presume no one has your mates number either??
Reminds me of when mike Wilson had several accounts, his mate, his gf etc. it just means he could abuse the trust of the club that bit longer. Sure, everyone is busy so sometimes sales can be delayed but at the very least good communication is needed and members will blame you until its been sorted as its your fault that it's dragged on so long.

r5_scotty
11-09-2012, 10:08
As marts mentioned, the classifieds aren't the responsibility of the club. With over 700 members it's hard to keep track of and with any big club there will always people trying to pull a fast one. Deleting the previous thread because it's tarnishing your rep imo isn't helping the matter, it should have been left up so others can see that it is being resolved, sure it's giving you a bad name but since you let someone use your rtoc account (can't see why the guy didn't have one while he owned, building and breaking his project?), and then using your paypal (again, I don't see why the guy couldn't use his own) so technically it is your responsibility to sort it out since your the only contact as I presume no one has your mates number either??
Reminds me of when mike Wilson had several accounts, his mate, his gf etc. it just means he could abuse the trust of the club that bit longer. Sure, everyone is busy so sometimes sales can be delayed but at the very least good communication is needed and members will blame you until its been sorted as its your fault that it's dragged on so long.

Spot on haz! Where's your mates number dave? I want my money back now taken to long had enough. Its windin me up .this aint the clubs fault at all just certain users which mess it up for the rest of us

daveturbo
11-09-2012, 10:48
I'll go round tonight after work to get this sorted as soon as.

Markey Mark (BD)
11-09-2012, 17:43
I'll go round tonight after work to get this sorted as soon as.

I want this sorted for me by end of week too mate with either the bits sent or some sort of money back for parts missing/usless parts, i been waiting over a month now to have this sorted so i'm passed being pissed off now :mad:

r5_scotty
11-09-2012, 17:52
I want this sorted for me by end of week too mate with either the bits sent or some sort of money back for parts missing/usless parts, i been waiting over a month now to have this sorted so i'm passed being pissed off now :mad:

yup feel the same

chezzer85
11-09-2012, 18:49

:agree:Me too, this is really taking the piss now!

Adam L
11-09-2012, 20:18
I thought paying for items as a gift through PayPal was long gone. If someone asks you to pay via a gift that should send alarm bells ringing straight away! PayPal fees are hardly extortionate, it's what, 4%? That's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying VAT with a come back.

Or just do what I do and drive hundreds of miles and pay cash for everything.

r5_scotty
11-09-2012, 20:31
I thought paying for items as a gift through PayPal was long gone. If someone asks you to pay via a gift that should send alarm bells ringing straight away! PayPal fees are hardly extortionate, it's what, 4%? That's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying VAT with a come back.

Or just do what I do and drive hundreds of miles and pay cash for everything.

yea but thought there would be more trust on a small forum. iv delt with many members on here that have gifted me money and iv had no issues. iv delt with one today with no problems .it only takes one i guess.

trouble is i get the the hump paying tax when i pay tax on everything!:mad:

daveturbo
11-09-2012, 21:03
Just been round and all I got was a rad and a small box with a red samco pipe inside it. There were no other parts there that I know of.

I'll post these out at the weekend.

Adam L
11-09-2012, 21:16
yea but thought there would be more trust on a small forum. iv delt with many members on here that have gifted me money and iv had no issues. iv delt with one today with no problems .it only takes one i guess.

trouble is i get the the hump paying tax when i pay tax on everything!:mad:

You still have to be foolish to send unrecorded money to someone you don't know. Any forum can be friendly, it doesn't mean you won't have someone try it on. I learnt my lesson many years ago, I hope you have too.

Chunk
12-09-2012, 12:37
Red samco pipe was mine if it's the oil drain

daveturbo
12-09-2012, 17:06
What's your address I'll post it out at weekend.

Markey Mark (BD)
12-09-2012, 17:28
So whats going to happen about the parts that are owed but your mate doesn't have anymore?

Nottswoody
12-09-2012, 19:08
Surely its got to be worth giving his number to the guys effected? By pm of course or his address..

daveturbo
12-09-2012, 19:42
Here's his number for all to see 07960790373.

Feel free to call and tell him what you are owed.

HAndy
12-09-2012, 19:51
just hope the fella involved has'nt got any tree's near by where he lives:scared:

Markey Mark (BD)
13-09-2012, 20:14
Proper pissed about this whole situation now!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Tony Walker
13-09-2012, 20:17
Might be a good idea to take the number off and PM it to members involved. let them resolve it before the number gets abused by people.

Tony Walker
13-09-2012, 20:19
just hope the fella involved has'nt got any tree's near by where he lives:scared:
?? you'll have to ellaborate for me....

Markey Mark (BD)
13-09-2012, 20:20
Might be a good idea to take the number off and PM it to members involved. let them resolve it before the number gets abused by people.

I've been in contact with Dave but its getting me pissed off now with whats being asked before i can have refund

daveturbo
13-09-2012, 20:41
Mark I just offered you a full refund and you refused it. If you refuse it what more can I do.

Markey Mark (BD)
13-09-2012, 20:48
Mark I just offered you a full refund and you refused it. If you refuse it what more can I do.

You offered refund on condition i send all parts back, some of which i want to keep which is why i bought them! Why would i bought them if i didn't want the parts, you can have the crap and wrong bits back gladly but i want the intercooler, as say i have use for it. I offered you to send only part of the money but you have this insistent need to have parts back to make your money back, so can only see you wanting to sell them on again

The fact your refusing to refund for parts that are rubbish, wrong and missing is pissing me off. I never recieved an exhaust so how am i meant to send that back! :mad:

As i just said i pm i get feeling there is no 'mate' as you been saying exactly same things to me about price of bits as he did when he offered refund and that went no where.

r5_scotty
13-09-2012, 20:50

dave your digging yourself a big hole. mark is a well known respected member on here. dont make yourself look any worse.

Tony Walker
13-09-2012, 20:58
:( looked back through your previous posts, doesnt make a very nice read. Do you use the club for anything other than buying/selling.

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-09-2012, 21:02
Seriously Dave, Sort this sh*t out, get the money of your mate and give it back to people that are owed.

YOU advertised the goods (admitidly for a friend), but you still advertised them on the club, you took payment for them... YOUR responsible for it!!

daveturbo
13-09-2012, 21:11
I just offered him a full refund and he refused it. What else do you want me to do.

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-09-2012, 21:14
I just offered him a full refund and he refused it. What else do you want me to do.

But you want some of the parts back?? You need to arrange with Mark a Fair refund... for the missing parts... not ask for them all back. Mark has plans for the parts recieved.

Markey Mark (BD)
13-09-2012, 21:16

As said i want some of the bits thats why i bought them, i'd gladly send the parts i don't want back to you.

Think that sounds fairly resaonable so balls in your court!

Markey Mark (BD)
13-09-2012, 21:23
But you want some of the parts back?? You need to arrange with Mark a Fair refund... for the missing parts... not ask for them all back. Mark has plans for the parts recieved.

Not some parts mate, he wants all parts back

LiamR
13-09-2012, 22:01
It's total idiots like this who devalue the club!!!

chezzer85
13-09-2012, 22:47
This is a mess, :mad: I paid £35 on 7 August for something i havent received. I don't give a crap about the parts now, can i please have my money back asap?

If the listing which was set-up in your name had at least been accurate; detailing the fact that these parts where forsale on behalf of a non-memeber, I'd have never sent payment as a gift.

Your not doing your so called rep any favours, this had gone on too long.

Ian S
16-09-2012, 19:36
Moderators please see this thread.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=291809#post291809

Chris Beer
16-09-2012, 22:03
I have sold and bought a huge amount from daveturbo and was a top bloke.. What happened :(

chezzer85
16-09-2012, 22:28
I have sold and bought a huge amount from daveturbo and was a top bloke.. What happened :(

Not sure Chris I thought he was a respected member of the club too, hense i sent him funds as gift. Seems he's lost his way!

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-09-2012, 22:34
It COULD be that Dave has been stitched up by his mate, but thats what happens when your mate cant be arsed to join the club...

Its no skin of his nose is it, he gets all the money and dave gets all the sh*t cos of it...

But thats what happens when you do things like this, he has broken club rules (action will be taken once all this is dealt with - in the time being I would strongly recommend NOT paying for any item as a "gift" to Dave, or maybe look elsewhere for items)

Trevhib
17-09-2012, 10:42
This is a unfortunate state of affairs. :(

IMO this is Dave's pigeon, especially if he did not communicate the fact that he was advertising on behalf of someone else.

It's a tough situation for Dave but I'm afraid he needs to suck it up, pay people their money back and then chase the 'real' seller to recover the cost.

Chris Beer
17-09-2012, 12:04
Fair point there chaps.. !

Always been paid and paid dave via gift or done good deals on stuff, even bought back the sidey I bought off him originally

daveturbos mate... you suck

Chunk
17-09-2012, 12:18
Dave did offer to send the part I originally paid for, but i've opened a paypal dispute now so I should hopefully be getting my money back soon.

Trevhib
17-09-2012, 14:29
Well the point would be to send the parts where they are available and send money where that's not the case.

Since he now has all the parts he thinks he's going to get, he should send them out immediately and refund everyone else.

Life has no end of lessons and they are there for the learning.

Trevhib
17-09-2012, 15:19
How come everyone from Derbyshire is a little dogey

That's a sweeping generalisation if ever I heard one. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I have to laugh at the same time :laugh:

James5
17-09-2012, 15:21
That's a sweeping generalisation if ever I heard one. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I have to laugh at the same time :laugh:

:laugh:Oops Dodgy

Markey Mark (BD)
17-09-2012, 15:46
Just to let you know my situation update, after a few more pm's and words thrown about Dave has offered (not my asking) to remove the parts from his own car and send them to me replacing the wrongly sent and missing parts.

I thought this was abit drastic and said he didn't have to but he was more keen to do this rather than refund

Penfold aka The Dealer
17-09-2012, 18:30
How come everyone from Derbyshire called Davis is a little dodgy are you from Belper Mr Daveturbo by any chance??

Only ask as we banned a user on www.renault5gtturbo.com (http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/) some time back who kept promising parts sent a few out and then pocket the cash?? he would re-appear with a different username.

If a commitee member want's any details from the staff forum's on www.renault5gtturbo.com (http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/) then let me know :agree: I will highlight the thread for the other mods on the other forum so they are aware as I note one of the mods has purchased parts.

The name David Byard pops up in the thread in the staff room?

For those that are mod's on other forum click link to go direct if RTOC commitee want to see please pm for access:agree:

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum...5cd5144eadcc69 (http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6357&start=40&sid=e27cff9101d2f03eaa5cd5144eadcc69)

Interesting....

Trevhib
18-09-2012, 09:40
Dave has offered to remove the parts from his own car and that he was more keen to do this rather than refund

Unless he's utterly utterly strapped, how does this make any sense for Dave. He'll have to pay for the parts to be replaced at some stage anyway.

Well, I guess that's up to him but whilst in one way it seems somewhat noble, it could also be argued by more cynical people that this looks be a delaying tactic.

I'd imagine that most people will be happy either way just as long as the resolution is swift.

Ian S
18-09-2012, 11:19
The name David Byard pops up in the thread in the staff room?Thanks for that.

Same name, same region.

Looks like it's the same one.

Chunk
18-09-2012, 14:27
I was weary of delays as you only have so long to claim your money back from Paypal.

Thankfully i've won my resolution case so i'm getting my money back :)

simon_1561
18-09-2012, 15:35
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

i can give any one the guya adress and postcode if you like

simon_1561
18-09-2012, 15:36
i can give any one the guya adress and postcode if you like

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-09-2012, 17:13
WARNING TO ANYBODY THINKING OF BUYING ANYTHING FROM DAVETURBO..... DONT!!

More info will be released shortly.

Trevhib
18-09-2012, 18:27
Damn it, I literally just made a gift payment via paypal for a brand new GTT gearknob to him.

This is the club's fault, what are the committee doing to stop this! :mad:

r5_scotty
18-09-2012, 18:41
Damn it, I literally just made a gift payment via paypal for a brand new GTT gearknob to him.

This is the club's fault, what are the committee doing to stop this! :mad:

thats not funny

Trevhib
18-09-2012, 20:10
Apologies. It was a joking sarcastic response to the idea that anyone would, at this stage in proceedings, consider buying anything from daveturbo.

The second comment was a reference to recent unfounded complaints to the committee on other classifieds threads from frustrated RTOCers who hadn't read the club rules.

I did think twice about posting it but felt the members on this thread would realise I wasn't having a laugh at their expense.

r5_scotty
18-09-2012, 21:01
Apologies. It was a joking sarcastic response to the idea that anyone would, at this stage in proceedings, consider buying anything from daveturbo.

The second comment was a reference to recent unfounded complaints to the committee on other classifieds threads from frustrated RTOCers who hadn't read the club rules.

I did think twice about posting it but felt the members on this thread would realise I wasn't having a laugh at their expense.

fair enough , i will let you off:D

just ****e when stuff like this happens.

r5_scotty
18-09-2012, 21:40
well he told me he would post the rad out saturday. but that didnt happen. he rekons this saturday he will do it. if i dont recieve the rad im gettin me money back. aint having someone mug me off. this shouldnt happen on a close grouped forum. lesson leared i rekon. trust no ****er

Slammed 66
18-09-2012, 21:51
trust no ****er

which is a real shame I think.

Tbh I didn't even consider the implications of 'gifting' money. There are a good many people on here who I already trust with my money and I've not been a member for long. I guess check the sellers feedback section before any purchase.

Ross

r5_scotty
18-09-2012, 22:07
which is a real shame I think.

Tbh I didn't even consider the implications of 'gifting' money. There are a good many people on here who I already trust with my money and I've not been a member for long. I guess check the sellers feedback section before any purchase.

Ross

there are people you can trust. its just given me the hump.maybe ask a few people about the member befor you gift?

TNT Tricky Nicky
18-09-2012, 22:33
thats not funny

Sorry but I did have to laugh

I remember ashy posting up about not being able to advertise his wifes car on another forum because it wasn't his to sell. Over kill but maybe another sellers responsibility should be that the item being advertised can only be the members, if a member posts up on someone else's behalf they become responsible for any problems that may occur.

In my job we're told to trust nobody, not even the bloke sat next to you, even if they're family. It's a sad state of affairs but in this day and age you have to cover yourself for all situations

Slammed 66
18-09-2012, 22:46
In my job we're told to trust nobody

Agent Fox Mulder? :scratch:

:D

Robbo
19-09-2012, 08:09
Sorry but I did have to laugh

I remember ashy posting up about not being able to advertise his wifes car on another forum because it wasn't his to sell. Over kill but maybe another sellers responsibility should be that the item being advertised can only be the members, if a member posts up on someone else's behalf they become responsible for any problems that may occur.

In my job we're told to trust nobody, not even the bloke sat next to you, even if they're family. It's a sad state of affairs but in this day and age you have to cover yourself for all situations

But how do you know that a member hasnt lent their mate there account and is posing as them?

TNT Tricky Nicky
19-09-2012, 17:57
But how do you know that a member hasnt lent their mate there account and is posing as them?

Clearly you wouldn't but if there was a problem the club has the details of the member which they can pass on to the authorities or legal teams if the affected person wants to take it to a smalls claims court. The member has entered into an agreement that they are responsible for the transaction.

I personally wouldn't do it unless I knew I wasn't going to get screwed over, I definitely wouldn't give my log in to a bloke I bought/sold parts to from down the street.

Chunk
20-09-2012, 08:40
I've had my refund from paypal now so end of story for me :)

Hope you other guys who sent the money as a gift get your money back :(

Markey Mark (BD)
25-09-2012, 16:26
Well! :sad2:

Saturday has past, messaged Dave twice about wether he has sent parts and no answer.
I think a visit is in order soon

r5_scotty
25-09-2012, 17:02
Mark I'm go there the weekend if ya fancy it? Gettin my ****in tits

dangerous dave
25-09-2012, 17:05
im lucky i dont have these problems, id be locked away..

r5_scotty
25-09-2012, 17:25
he sent a text sayin the rads been sent by courier if it dont come ima have to do soummin bout it. cant have people takin peoples money!takes the piss

Markey Mark (BD)
25-09-2012, 17:30
he sent a text sayin the rads been sent by courier if it dont come ima have to do soummin bout it. cant have people takin peoples money!takes the piss

I haven't got a text, do you mind asking him about my bits and where they are?

He's got till firday to have them on my door or he's having visit over weekend at some point

r5_scotty
25-09-2012, 17:32
I haven't got a text, do you mind asking him about my bits and where they are?

He's got till firday to have them on my door or he's having visit over weekend at some point

pm`d you mark :devil:

chris
25-09-2012, 17:47
i cant believe how long this has been goin on 4 i would be bounceing but be careful if he knows your comeing you dont know who or what will be waiting for you lads hope you get it sorted

r5_scotty
25-09-2012, 18:17
i cant believe how long this has been goin on 4 i would be bounceing but be careful if he knows your comeing you dont know who or what will be waiting for you lads hope you get it sorted

Nor does he

chezzer85
25-09-2012, 21:55
I've had no contact from Dave what so ever, and no refund or parts.
If he didn't live so far away from me i'd pop and see him myself.
If you do catch up with him could you remind him he owe me £35.
Or just give him a good shoeing and post up the vid, and we'll call it quits:laugh:

PS has he been band from the club yet? If not why not?:mad:

Ian S
26-09-2012, 00:55
Not been banned so he can comment here and communicate with those concerned about parts or refunds. Seemed there were several cases in the process of being corrected. None have been then.

Perhaps those who are owed money and or parts can add their names and the amount of money involved here to this thread?

chezzer85 £35
Mark
r5_scotty

r5_scotty
26-09-2012, 06:24
chezzer85 £35
Mark
r5_scotty £90

Markey Mark (BD)
26-09-2012, 16:09
chezzer85 £35
Mark £140
r5_scotty £90

drw32
26-09-2012, 20:07
i just joined this forum the other day and this doesnt make for good reading, already im weary about buying parts...............

r5_scotty
26-09-2012, 20:12
i just joined this forum the other day and this doesnt make for good reading, already im weary about buying parts...............

get to know the right people on here. most are all great and helpful. its only one or two that mess it up for the rest of us!dont let this put you off pal

drw32
26-09-2012, 20:14
it wont put me off, ive been on various forums for years, always takes that one person to run it for others..

Tony Walker
26-09-2012, 20:17
you can click on peoples names and view all the threads they have been involved in on there statistics, the members who are always selling/buying things i tend to stay clear of. Some people try to make money out of members its just gone a bit too far in this situation... it'll get resolved one way or another, maybe a big rtoc meet?? :D:devil:

dangerous dave
26-09-2012, 20:41
you can click on peoples names and view all the threads they have been involved in on there statistics, the members who are always selling/buying things i tend to stay clear of. Some people try to make money out of members its just gone a bit too far in this situation... it'll get resolved one way or another, maybe a big rtoc meet?? :D:devil:

its easy to make a quid here and there..

slap up wanteds up for parts you know will shift maybe lay it on that its to finish your project and............wait

10 members get back to you, take the freebie, snap up the bargains, leave the rest, and sell on..

repeat

it goes on, some members have stacks of deleted wanted adverts.. shame as the rtoc bargains are long gone these days for honest members..

i think much of the scamming, blagging of members is hidden by the pm function..

Tony Walker
26-09-2012, 20:47
Maybe a lesson in that situation is, if people need parts check there thread history, maybe state if its a freebie on a thread then you want something if its sold on?

dangerous dave
26-09-2012, 21:04
Maybe a lesson in that situation is, if people need parts check there thread history, maybe state if its a freebie on a thread then you want something if its sold on?

members struggle to man up and put a price on the items they want to sell.. grow a pair of balls, throw away your sanitry pads and ask for the money you want.. in 2012 when nearly 90% of children in uk under 3 have an ipad, the same percentage of rtoc members seem to be sh1t out of luck with any form of picture taking device for there adverts.. oh and i have hairy balls, not crystal balls, i haven't got a clue where you live so give me a clue in the advert to speed up the process..

honestly, its a big ask.. i dont think you could get more than 3 members to go with the flow, most do what they want, the rest are clueless

Slammed 66
26-09-2012, 22:10
members struggle to man up and put a price on the items they want to sell.. grow a pair of balls, throw away your sanitry pads and ask for the money you want.. in 2012 when nearly 90% of children in uk under 3 have an ipad, the same percentage of rtoc members seem to be sh1t out of luck with any form of picture taking device for there adverts.. oh and i have hairy balls, not crystal balls, i haven't got a clue where you live so give me a clue in the advert to speed up the process..

honestly, its a big ask.. i dont think you could get more than 3 members to go with the flow, most do what they want, the rest are clueless

At the risk of heading off topic....

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Exactly what Dave said! And some punctuation and spelling practise wouldn't go amiss for a lot of the adverts I've seen here, along with less use of 'lol'.

:worship:

Heading back on topic for a minute...

Guys I realise what a kick in the balls this must have been for you but if you do pay a visit, remember how twisted the British justice system is. Don't do anything that will turn this thieving gypsy scumbag into 'the victim'.

Best of luck and I hope you're refunded soon

Ross

Slammed 66
26-09-2012, 23:01
Has anyone heard from Dave turbo lately?

I just got a message from him due to my last post so he is active.

I'll copy and paste for you and then it's clear that I've not been slanderous in any way.

From daveturbo:

Mate you need to keep your mouth shut. Its Comments like yours that are making me think of getting the forum closed down. I don't have to put up with this.
I've spoke to Ian s about this and the forum is breaking laws by letting the abusive posts to be put on here. I'm one more post away from reporting this site and getting it closed. Iv all ready emailed proforum and they are all ready scanning the site to check.

You need to google (forum abuse) to see what trouble you are getting this site into and they will see your post.

My reply:

Whoa!

Back down little lady!

At which point did I mention your name in this? If you're confessing to being the thieving gypsy scumbag that I mentioned then please allow everyone to hear your admission. However i was still assuming it was your so called 'mate'. Mind you, this isn't the first time this has happened is it?

While we're on the subject however...... It's scamming bstards that are dragging the forum into disrepute not genuine enthusiasts.

I hope you've had the decency to pm everyone else here that you owe money and parts to as you've had no problems in contacting me.

Ross

Tony Walker
26-09-2012, 23:05
? im sure your post was requesting people to not do anything stupid and to resolve it appropriately?

Slammed 66
26-09-2012, 23:10
It was but perhaps someone isn't wanting the correct legal procedures to be followed?

Why could that be? :scratch:

car.crash
26-09-2012, 23:14
He's ripped people off and now he's the victim :confused:

Tony Walker
26-09-2012, 23:15
I dont think there has been any abusive posts towards him as yet?
Even his address, postcode and phone number has been kept private.

Sir Mod
26-09-2012, 23:26
The below is not any personal view but that of the RTOC committee who have discussed this matter.

Here is the PM that Dave sent to Ian S:

I have been told to contact you about the abuse I'm getting on this forum. I don't know if you are aware of what it allowed to be posted on forums but the comments posted on the thread about me are going to get the club in a lot of trouble.

I want the full thread removing and a list put in its place to show me who the parts are owed too. Iv done my best to try and sort this mess out and all I get is abuse from members.
The whole forum needs to looked at and if the thread is not removed and the abuse stopped I will report the forum for cyber bullying. I'm sure you know how serious this is taken nowadays and clubs such as this one have been known to be closed down for it. It's not just the thread about me but other members have been hat in the same way. Raidergtt was banned and then humiliated and slated all over the forum. I don't know if you know this but this is not legal. You need to google forum abuse and see what I'm talking about.

Some posts even say then members are going to kick my head in and post a video of it on the club.

I will take this further if its not sorted.

When you threaten the RTOC with legal action to close the club, you are threatening the entire membership so it's fair for this to be posted here for all members to read.

If you let a non member use the RTOC classifieds, a member only facility, you intentionally broke the club rules and that's sufficient to ban you from using the classifieds and also you did the RTOC out of £25 that people normally pay to join to post their ads.

But probably nothing would have happened if all had gone smoothly especially as one committee member and the classifieds moderator were involved near the beginning of thread number one and had not said anything about this.

Thread two reads as if you're either astonishingly naive or you're not being honest about having a third party involved.

You should, without further delay, offer a partial refund to Mark and cut the crap about him having to send you all the parts back.

If there is a third party, you have their address, you should PM it to the people involved so they can commence legal action or direct action. You are currently protecting him/her/them and we think we might be correct in thinking you are therefore guilty of conspiracy to defraud which might be a criminal matter not a civil one and the police would then prosecute and the courts decide on the appropriate punitive action rather than anyone pursue a civil claim just to eventually have the bailiffs turned away by your parents, or whatever, as happened with 'unlucky Alf'.

As Mart has pointed out it's not a matter for the RTOC to pursue but one for the individuals involved to take individual or class action. The RTOC currently has not the manpower nor desire to take legal action on members behalf.

The RTOC can ban you from further use of the classifieds but doing that at this stage will be counter productive to resolving this matter.

We think PayPal might want to ban you from using their services if any of the aggrieved parties complain to them and explain what you've done; letting a third party have your log in and take money.

Did you obtain a legally meaningful receipt for the cash you say you handed to the third party? If not, we presume that means you don't have any legal basis for not either supplying the goods or refunding immediately. So the practical effect of what you've done is that you've screwed yourself over.

It might that legally you HAVE to refund the people from your own pocket and pursue your own action to recover the loss from the third party.

The RTOC committee have a thread currently active about this matter and have obtained information that you were banned from another forum in 2009 for doing the same as you're doing here, ie, selling, taking payments, not sending goods. Also that you used several alias there and still owe people from there money. We've been personally given the address and phone number for Dave Byard so if we post it we think we're not contravening the data protection act as it's not been retrieved from being stored in a data base.

As far as your threat to the RTOC regarding abuse in threads from aggrieved people, well that would obviously not have happened had you sent them their parts parts, refunded, or provided a believable explanation as to why you've been able to do neither.

You've created a list of victims who are now entitled to be annoyed with you. That does not constitute bullying. You've abused peoples trust in you, you've kept promising to sort out the problems and have continued to not do so. The threads have to stay so as to protect the RTOCs paying membership from making the mistake of trusting, and buying, from you.

We think you won't find a court of law anywhere to support your claim that you've been abused. It's an astonishing claim for someone in you current position to make! You run the risk of being jailed for fraud and theft and you're threatening the RTOC!!

The RTOC committee can't magic up a list of people YOU owe parts and money to!! That's for you to do or the people you owe. Ian S did what he could already to help this by starting such a list but you've still not responded in the thread to put right the mess you've made.

You've caused the club committee to have to get involved, that does not please us, we're busy people and do not want to waste our time and energy with unpleasant matters like this.

What you need to take further is not to accuse the RTOC but to immediately refund or send the parts to the parties concerned.

Tony Walker
26-09-2012, 23:41

soapymech
26-09-2012, 23:55

Ian S
27-09-2012, 00:20
Here's his number for all to see 07960790373.

Feel free to call and tell him what you are owed.Did any of you people who are owed parts or refunds phone this number?

Ian S
27-09-2012, 00:43
I've received another complaint from Dave that he feels physically threatened and might go to the cops. I've just wasted even more of my time and read though this thread and can see only one mention of physical contact and that's not a threat. People have visited and others have said they will. Dave is perceiving this to be a physical threat. I think think there is no legal case to be had against the RTOC or it members for these comments.

If any of you can spot any comment the club should be concerned about then please post here or let the committee know.

The committee didn't wade in before as we each busy and have a lot else to do and hoped Dave would do what he promised and sort the refunds, etc, out by now.

car.crash
27-09-2012, 08:54
07946839548 here's another number I found for him.

Haz
27-09-2012, 10:21
I would have thought that since dave is still a member, still and has been using the forum, not been resolving the issue and not responding to calls/texts than that only leaves people the option of travelling to his house, which to be fair is going to cost them more money and time thus making them more angry. I think it's a joke that he feels he is the victim 'hello police, I'm worried about someone coming to my house because I've taken money for something that I didn't have'
Does he not realise that there is plenty of personal info on the net for all to see and that it would be easier to sort it out with refunds than dragging it on to the point that people do actually knock on his front door, and the fact a 'mob' could turn up is only due to the fact that he's upset a few people and it's not just one person and a genuine mistake!

Trevhib
27-09-2012, 11:25
The committee response is very very good. :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
27-09-2012, 13:23
In my defence i only mentioned the word 'visit' as at the time i saw this as the only way to either collect the parts owed to me or collect money owed. In no way am i going to go there to cause any other issue other than collect whats owed thats all

The comment he makes in the complaint about people threatening to 'smash his head in a video it' is rediculous, wheres he get that information from on the thread :confused:

I have had contact from Dave last night, he said he had no address for me even though i have given it twice to him :rolleyes:
The parts are to be sent today but in the lowest cost to him so that will be very basic postage. I have said thats not good enough and want proof of postage in the form of a tracking number and still hold up to wanting the parts friday or i will be wanting full refund instead.

Will see what turns up

Jonny5
27-09-2012, 13:59
If he didn't live so far away from me i'd pop and see him myself.
If you do catch up with him could you remind him he owe me £35.
Or just give him a good shoeing and post up the vid, and we'll call it quits:laugh:

The comment he makes in the complaint about people threatening to 'smash his head in a video it' is rediculous, wheres he get that information from on the thread

Probably from the above :crap:

chezzer85
27-09-2012, 18:07
Dave has just sent me a PM requesting my Paypal address.
So hopefully, all will soon be forgotten. Water under the bridge so to speak.

Maybe theres a leason here for all of us.
Don't sent payment to unknow individuals via the gift option so freely

Ian S
28-09-2012, 01:14
Dave sent me a PM to ask me to ask if there are any people apart from Mark, Scot and Chezzer who are owed money or parts. He also supplied his mobile number, same as posted above.

Apart from the above three, I saw that
Chunk got a PayPal refund.
kentraider didn't pay.
simon_1561 went to Dave home and collected his parts?

So is that it?

r5_scotty
29-09-2012, 20:24
right an update

i got my rad today. not happy at all about the wait and the ****ty way his delt with it. but the rad is spot on and in great condition. why he could have just sorted this out none of this would have happened.

mark

he said your parts are on route to ya mate. anyone left without parts or refund?

chezzer85
01-10-2012, 17:06
anyone left without parts or refund?

No refund or parts received as yet!

Alex
03-10-2012, 10:07
Is Chezzer the only person waiting for a refund/parts now?

Markey Mark (BD)
03-10-2012, 16:00
I've now got half my parts, still waiting on rest

chezzer85
25-10-2012, 17:55
Still waiting for parts or a refund! Well over 3 months now.

Did you get all your bits or money back Mark?

I've just sent Dave a invoice via PayPal requesting a refund. Not holding out too much hope though. :mad::mad:

Markey Mark (BD)
26-10-2012, 13:20
Still waiting for parts or a refund! Well over 3 months now.

Did you get all your bits or money back Mark?

I've just sent Dave a invoice via PayPal requesting a refund. Not holding out too much hope though. :mad::mad:

I was just going to bring this thread up again myself

Only half the parts still, still waiting for my exhaust!
Taking the piss abit now, have sent many messages to him most he's replied saying its been sent but doesn't give me any tracking numbers.

Had enough now, want refund for exhaust but bit stuck as he's not replying to me

Markey Mark (BD)
28-10-2012, 15:34
Well i've given up now trying to get the last bits out of him now, looks like he's ignoring my texts and messages :sad2:

Can we get the robbing git banned now as looks like he's not going to do much more about sorting it out

To top it all off i'm having issues with another member not sending me bits, have i done something to upset people! :rolleyes:

kial
28-10-2012, 18:49
Well i've given up now trying to get the last bits out of him now, looks like he's ignoring my texts and messages :sad2:

Can we get the robbing git banned now as looks like he's not going to do much more about sorting it out

To top it all off i'm having issues with another member not sending me bits, have i done something to upset people! :rolleyes:

Mark dont be thinking you have done anything wrong. your a nice bloke whos always willing to give a hand to somone who needs it. just sit back grit your teeth and let karma fall into place.

r5_scotty
28-10-2012, 18:58
what a :jerkoff: thought this would have all been wrapped up by now! mark dont drop it so easy mate. does he still ow you money as well as parts??? rekon its time to be banned. if not everyone knows who he is .so no one should buy from him.

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 19:21
He's now refusing me a refund on the bit still missing, says he's not dealing with it anymore and i need to contact his friend (imaginary friend in my eyes)!

Ban this **** now, proper pissed off with it all :mad:

I know people must be bored with thread now, ban him and delete thread

Penfold aka The Dealer
31-10-2012, 19:24
He's now refusing me a refund on the bit still missing, says he's not dealing with it anymore and i need to contact his friend (imaginary friend in my eyes)!

Ban this **** now, proper pissed off with it all :mad:

I will ban him shortly...

Sorry to hear this c*nt has messed you around.

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 19:33
I will ban him shortly...

Sorry to hear this c*nt has messed you around.

:agree: I know its proper pissed me off now

r5_scotty
31-10-2012, 19:47
what a prick!does he ow you much mark????

chris
31-10-2012, 19:49
This bloke is a proper *****r why has he dragged it on for so long when he could of just paid everyone back he must just love messin people around the pri*k

Tony Walker
31-10-2012, 19:55

Not bored at all, were all hopping you get your money back :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 19:59
what a prick!does he ow you much mark????

I've now told him as only 3/4 of the parts turned up i want 1/4 of the money back to cover the 1/4 of parts missing
I've said £35 as thats 1/4 of £140, he doesn't want to give me that at all :rolleyes:

chris
31-10-2012, 20:07
But what reason is he giveing you as to why he wont give you money

r5_scotty
31-10-2012, 20:09
I've now told him as only 3/4 of the parts turned up i want 1/4 of the money back to cover the 1/4 of parts missing
I've said £35 as thats 1/4 of £140, he doesn't want to give me that at all :rolleyes:

thats **** all!! you would think he would just refund you!! what a berk. has this guy been booted off the club yet???

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 20:11
But what reason is he giveing you as to why he wont give you money

Apparently he's not dealing with it anymore as his friend sold the bits, he says he's down £150 so far but i can't see why thats my problem.

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 20:12
thats **** all!! you would think he would just refund you!! what a berk. has this guy been booted off the club yet???

I think i'll be using abit stronger words then 'berk' to describe him!

r5_scotty
31-10-2012, 20:17
I think i'll be using abit stronger words then 'berk' to describe him!

yea i bet!!who cares how much its cost him!! its his fault so he has to pay!! it should never had come to this:sad2:

do ya want me to try give him a call????

everyone should avoid this guy.

Penfold aka The Dealer
31-10-2012, 20:20
I can confirm Daveturbo has been banned from RTOC, we will keep an eye out incase he rejoins

r5_scotty
mind you he prob wont pick up to me as he got fed up with me aswell.then started saying i was harassing him.

r5_scotty
I can confirm Daveturbo has been banned from RTOC, we will keep an eye out incase he rejoins

nice one:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 20:21
yea i bet!!who cares how much its cost him!! its his fault so he has to pay!! it should never had come to this:sad2:

do ya want me to try give him a call????

everyone should avoid this guy.

If you like to mate your more than welcome to give him a call, i could do myself but i know what i'd be like on the phone and i can guarrenty i wouldn't get my money back after what i'd say!

r5_scotty
31-10-2012, 20:22
If you like to mate your more than welcome to give him a call, i could do myself but i know what i'd be like on the phone and i can guarrenty i wouldn't get my money back after what i'd say!

propper annoying.least his been banned

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2012, 20:26
propper annoying.least his been banned

Yep least the **** has gone now, time to close thread i think i'm now forgetting about the missing money/parts its been 3months now since it all started and don't see it ever being resolved now

Alex
01-11-2012, 10:36
A very disappointing outcome I must say :sad2: he was given every chance to sort it out as well. Like Penfold, I'll keep an eye out to see if he rejoins.

GT Josh
01-11-2012, 11:26
I'd be round his gaff...

Trevhib
01-11-2012, 12:09
I'd be round his gaff...

It's amazing how many people say that sort of thing and just how few actually do it.

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-11-2012, 12:15
It's amazing how many people say that sort of thing and just how few actually do it.

Very true... For the time and effort involved very little point in most cases....

Anything under £50 not overly worth it... If your having to drive to the other side of the country not worth it unless its for 100's...

Although a phone call to the police to report theft/scam often does the trick...

James5
01-11-2012, 13:07
Very true... For the time and effort involved very little point in most cases....

Anything under £50 not overly worth it... If your having to drive to the other side of the country not worth it unless its for 100's...

Although a phone call to the police to report theft/scam often does the trick...

Shame about the result and peeps not getting it fully resolved, I am sure he will try and creep back in at somepoint like the parasite he is.

I will make sure the www.renault5gtturbo.com (http://www.renault5gtturbo.com) forum are updated on this :agree:

dangerous dave
01-11-2012, 13:13
I'd sh1t in his letterbox.

r5_scotty
01-11-2012, 14:17
Well I was gona go see him as I was pickin up me 172 cup on saturday in milton Keynes but by some miracle my rad turned up friday special delivery!! I said to him on the wednesday I had enough. So I got my rad in less than 2days! Amazing. So I rekon he was just messin everyone around!! What a cock.

Trevhib
01-11-2012, 14:54
Who does that leave, Chezzer and £35 for Mark?

Mart
01-11-2012, 15:15
Mark, sorry to hear you've been d1cked around by this feckwit.

Personally, I would've paid him a visit; it's a matter of principle.

As UnluckyAlf will testify...

Markey Mark (BD)
01-11-2012, 17:59
Mark, sorry to hear you've been d1cked around by this feckwit.

Personally, I would've paid him a visit; it's a matter of principle.

As UnluckyAlf will testify...

To be honest mate i have almost got in the car to go to his (do have his address) but due to current laws i would be in more trouble then he would after i let my anger out so its prob not best going

Also prob cost me more than £35 in fuel to go there and back

One day this will catch up to him

GT Josh
01-11-2012, 20:30

Well if you knew me then maybe you would beleive me. :agree:

Trevhib
02-11-2012, 09:37
Well if you knew me then maybe you would beleive me. :agree:

Then I'm glad I don't.

For those here who've endured this hassle with DaveTurbo, I don't see how other members commenting on this thread about how big, brave and potentially stupid they would be in the same situation, is any help at all. Unless you're going to go over there on their account, unsolicited, to sort it out.

Trevhib
02-11-2012, 09:38
due to current laws i would be in more trouble then he would after i let my anger out so its prob not best going. Also prob cost me more than £35 in fuel to go there and back.

One day this will catch up to him.

And there is absolute sense talking. :agree:

Ian S
02-11-2012, 13:12
Sense vs. principal.

GT Josh
02-11-2012, 14:00
And there is absolute sense talking. :agree:

I'm not going on about going round and kicking his head in. I'd rather sort it man to man rather than getting the police involved. Like they're gonna be assed about it. I work hard for my money and wouldn't be ripped off by anybody nobody, no matter how little or large it is. It's the principal.

Trevhib
03-11-2012, 09:09
Sense vs. principal.

It's only worth acting on principal [sic]* if it makes sense to do so. Otherwise you're at the risk of being bloody-minded.

Josh, no worries, it had seemed you were referring primarily to violence. I agree, sorting these things out face to face with people is often the best way.

*Ian I've been waiting for that since you picked me up on continuous vs contiguous about 6yrs ago, hahaha :D

Ian S
11-11-2012, 20:52
Mark, what you could do is charge him the fuel for your visit.

Send him a note, recorded delivery, informing him that you and two large men will be visiting him and you'll also be charging him your normal hourly rate plus paying each of them their hourly rate. For each hour you wait for him to arrive at his home, or place of business, you'll charge the hourly rate for the three of you.

He have to pay you that plus the £35 he owns.

That how the place I worked in did it. Only we would get a court order first, costing £32, which he would have to pay plus what he owed. If he didn't, then bailiffs would visit and he'd have to pay their fees, about £200 for each visit. The bailiffs, while they're not allowed to force their way in, if the door is opened and no chain, etc, they might lean on it and walk in. The court has granted them the right to enter and remove goods to the value of the debts.