PDA

View Full Version : Had a blast with a Megane.

GT Josh
09-09-2012, 14:48
On the way home had a play with one of these on the motorway. I was only running a bar of boost. Was good fun, think the 5 was slightly faster. But he was definitely trying. Our kid smoked him but he runs 20psi + all the time. Haha.

Nottswoody
09-09-2012, 16:02
On the way home had a play with one of these on the motorway. I was only running a bar of boost. Was good fun, think the 5 was slightly faster. But he was definitely trying. Our kid smoked him but he runs 20psi + all the time. Haha.

Doing 13s phil should defo smoke him I also surprised a Megan giving it the bigun couple of weeks ago near me.. Odly enough he Dosnt want to play anymore when I see him ha ha.. Let's just say he took the wrong lane and he expected to be WAY infront :disagree: he wasn't and had to slam on before smacking into the back of a parked car :) waaaarp toooosh!!! :agree:

GT Josh
09-09-2012, 16:20
Doing 13s phil should defo smoke him I also surprised a Megan giving it the bigun couple of weeks ago near me.. Odly enough he Dosnt want to play anymore when I see him ha ha.. Let's just say he took the wrong lane and he expected to be WAY infront :disagree: he wasn't and had to slam on before smacking into the back of a parked car :) waaaarp toooosh!!! :agree:

Smoke them off the line all day mate but on the motorway different story. Much closer!

Nottswoody
09-09-2012, 16:28
Smoke them off the line all day mate but on the motorway different story. Much closer!

As I always say to the bigger boys "it's only a 1.4 :)

GT Josh
09-09-2012, 16:42
Funnier wen you tell them you rev a little push rod engine to 7.5k :devil:

Tony Walker
09-09-2012, 17:01
Easily beat a 197 the other month see him mist weeks he doesn't try anymore. Beat a bike yesterday I could see him double take as i came past. Stopped at next lights and got chatting lol

jesus in the seat of a 5
09-09-2012, 20:52
when you guys doin your rebuilds...:laugh:, they obviously arent trying hard enough..;), unless they need their drivin tickets....:laugh:

Tony Walker
09-09-2012, 20:54
when you guys doin your rebuilds...:laugh:, they obviously arent trying hard enough..;), unless they need their drivin tickets....:laugh:

Still bedding it in lol :dearme:

Nottswoody
10-09-2012, 07:26

My engines fine just hasn't got a cam init yet!!!

andybond
10-09-2012, 21:10
Are oi sure try were playing ? Pretty sure my megane would whip my five and a lot of modded ones.

Eugein Offord
30-01-2013, 22:18
a few years back when the lighter megane with the factory cage and turbo engine was being pushed by the Renault marketing department ,they ran some track days a Brands Hatch,, The RTOC was invited along with Clio sport and the other renault clubs, to suggest a heritage in the publicity pics etc.... I popped down in the black cup car and at 8/9 psi i had one car along the paddock straight, it took a lap to get into a overtake position...he was pushing the car as hard as he could and tried to close the door , but , i used the grass ... quick cars for the road but not my cup of tea .............i think they were the RSR?.. white with a red stripe,.... double wwwwwwhhhhh tshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:)

Brigsy
30-01-2013, 22:28
You wouldnt be catching a 225 or r26r at the ring, it would be long gone. The driver must have been **** eugiene, the braking/handling would absolutely whoop a gtt on a track/twisties any day of the week.

Alex
31-01-2013, 07:38
I'm with Brigsy - they're way faster on track.......... sadly :( Saying that they're over 20 years newer and cost about 20k so they should be! :D

GTphil
31-01-2013, 08:18
Sadly that's the case with most modern cars, so well balanced and a "no drama" style of driving makes them quick on track without looking or feeling it.

Slammed 66
31-01-2013, 08:24
But it's an epically boring drive. I'd rather be 10 seconds of the pace in a well sorted 5 really but it's 'horses for courses'

I quite fancy a 225 as a daily though. Look great in blue

robw
31-01-2013, 09:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsbyDfApw1Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A standard 5 I agree won't stand up to a 225 but a well setup 5 Is a different story..

Trevhib
31-01-2013, 10:13
Wow, way to get a GTT round the track!

The Megane should maybe have let him past on a couple of occasions looking at that.

Brigsy
31-01-2013, 12:14
A sorted gtt would no doubt hold the pace with a standard 225 on track, but 9 psi on a standard engine? No way lol

g10far
31-01-2013, 12:30
I'm going to be a bit biased here and say you cant comment on a car being dull until you've driven one. I'm lucky enough to have both the GTT & R26R, and the R is very much like the 5 in terms of fun factor. Straight line speed the 5 is much quicker, but on the twisties no way. Renault have prefected the handling and it can be seen. A very trick 5 on circuit would get owned by a megane, believe me Ive driven both on track! Comparisons are pretty much pointless on a trackday, everybody drives differently!

philg
31-01-2013, 19:33
Wow, way to get a GTT round the track!

The Megane should maybe have let him past on a couple of occasions looking at that.

:agree: annoys the hell out of me on track, do they not listen at the briefing. Hats off to the r 5 :)

GTphil
31-01-2013, 19:59
Looking at the vid the guy in the five appears to be a much quicker driver than whoever is driving the Megan.

Eugein Offord
31-01-2013, 22:25
A sorted gtt would no doubt hold the pace with a standard 225 on track, but 9 psi on a standard engine? No way lol

and a weight disadvantage..... the dilly was my co-pilot .....maybe............... i annoyed the driver so much he/she wanted me to pass...........:) happy days

The new Bill J
31-01-2013, 22:27
Eugein - You're missing quite an important point. You were taught how to drive by Michael Spencer :wasntme:

Eugein Offord
31-01-2013, 23:00
i thought everybody knew..............:cry::cry::cry::cry::laugh:

Eugein Offord
31-01-2013, 23:03
and running a set of MXV Coups................:agree:

old skool turbo power
01-02-2013, 00:45
You wouldnt be catching a 225 or r26r at the ring, it would be long gone. The driver must have been **** eugiene, the braking/handling would absolutely whoop a gtt on a track/twisties any day of the week.

:agree:at the ring last yr there was a few 225s and they were quick enough not a bad car i quite like them,there was one or 2 twingos they did well also.my mate with his 3.28 had a play with a 225 at mallory park and another one at alton park and the 225 was off.you could tell at the ring when watching the 225 being raced around the track there a good set up car :agree: