PDA

View Full Version : Oe rear spoiler questions

Danboi2
07-09-2012, 18:55
Been putting my bodywork back to standard and having a little problem with the second hand spoiler i bought it seems to have have distorted and sagging down in the middle. And you can see the cracks in the paint all the way across the spoiler, I was going to have it resprayed but I think that would properly happen again.

So isit just a matter of i have a crap one and threes better ones out there?

Is this the correct part number 77 00 780 874 as Renault said it wasnt?

Have an company's made a fiberglass copy?

And does anyone want to sell one in good condition that does not sag and is straight

thanks

Dan

TNT Tricky Nicky
07-09-2012, 19:14
Think you'll find once they're removed they're all the same.

The metal clips and tape hold it ridgid.

Not sure on part number but someones probably made a copy by now :)

Pete@Backyard Racing
07-09-2012, 20:08
No longer available from Renault.
Yes they all sag. Prob best to paint on the car so the clips help to keep the shape.

Haz
07-09-2012, 21:33
As Pete said, but I will be looking at getting copies made in the future.

Danboi2
07-09-2012, 22:32
How are the clips fitted to the car?
And is the spoiler just pressed onto those clips and secured with tape?

Haz
07-09-2012, 23:25
the tailgate, if gtt, will have little tabs like on the sills. the spoiler has metal clips which simply push onto the tabs, there's sometimes sticky pads, like on number plates used.
for campus style tailgates the spoiler needs bonding on and will need to be taped into place while it sets.
either ways once its on it can then be prepped ready for paint, the existing cracks can be buzzed back down the the spoiler if need be.

Danboi2
08-09-2012, 09:08
Yea it is a gtt tailgate but it had a ktec spoiler bonded on with tiger seal, do you have any pics of the tabs that should be on the tailgate?

I managed to get the little metal clips seperate from the spoiler and they sit in the holes on the spoiler but don't seem to hold in I'm woundering if there suppose to be like little plastic bars on these holes for the clips to push onto

philg
08-09-2012, 09:19
Just bond it, dead easy, thats what i did with mine.

Jonny5
08-09-2012, 09:46
Just bond it, dead easy, thats what i did with mine.

:agree: Number plate double sided foam tape ftw.