PDA

View Full Version : EFI parts list for 250bhp

REBEL GT TURBO
04-09-2012, 21:52
I'm gonna be building a my first engine over winter!
I've decided to go the EFI route, I'm looking for around 250bhp with minimal lag!!

This is a list of parts I'm starting to get!

Block chemically cleaned
Forged pistons/liners
Uprated headgasket
High tensile bolts
Turbo (unsure which one)
Custom intake
Injectors (unsure which ones)
Adaptronic ECU
Various sensors
Lightened and balanced flywheel
Cam (unsure)
3" downpour
3" side exit
Spark plugs (unsure)
New hoses
FMIC
Charge cooler
Alloy radiator

Please advise me, I'm no expert so any positive feed back would be great! ;)

Scoff
04-09-2012, 22:21
250hp with minimal lag is the hard bit mate. We know the power is possible but even these days it isn't easy.

A good efi manifold is what you need. Maybe michael T can help you with that.

A good exhaust manifold too.

Probably stick with the bp285 cam, it works well enough. The later (or was it earlier ?)112 LSA if you can find one.

Phil's VNT powered EFI conversion shocked me, it worked better than I thought it would (never having done anything with a VNT before). The VNT made over 260hp at about 27psi, I hope he doesn't mind me saying that. That was minimal lag with boost controlled by the ECU so we could dictate the shape of the torque curve and avoid boost spikes.

One large intercooler is all you need.

Saab "red" 2.3L turbo injectors are common, they'll do you.

BKR8EIX for the plugs :)

REBEL GT TURBO
04-09-2012, 22:32
Thanks for the quick reply mate! :)
How much of this kit can I order from you?? Is the adaptronic ECU a good choice??
If you can sort me a list of parts to order from you I'll start the ball rolling!

What fuel rail is required?

Thanks.

Logg
04-09-2012, 22:51
For injectors I'd suggest vauxhall xvr turbo ones. Cost about £115 brand new For four and are about 470/480cc :)

REBEL GT TURBO
04-09-2012, 23:17
Ok thanks bud! I'll have a look at them!

Danboi2
05-09-2012, 12:39
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=276

REBEL GT TURBO
05-09-2012, 21:28
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=276

:agree:

REBEL GT TURBO
06-09-2012, 11:51
Managed to sorce a c1j block/head and crank off A member, first off I'm going to send the block off for a chemical clean! Then start porting the head myself! Open up and smooth out the ports! Then the expensive bit forged pistons/liners! Think I'm gonna paint the block in black!

Jimmy_GTT
21-09-2012, 23:33
250hp with minimal lag is the hard bit mate. We know the power is possible but even these days it isn't easy.

A good efi manifold is what you need. Maybe michael T can help you with that.

A good exhaust manifold too.

Probably stick with the bp285 cam, it works well enough. The later (or was it earlier ?)112 LSA if you can find one.

Phil's VNT powered EFI conversion shocked me, it worked better than I thought it would (never having done anything with a VNT before). The VNT made over 260hp at about 27psi, I hope he doesn't mind me saying that. That was minimal lag with boost controlled by the ECU so we could dictate the shape of the torque curve and avoid boost spikes.

One large intercooler is all you need.

Saab "red" 2.3L turbo injectors are common, they'll do you.

BKR8EIX for the plugs :)

May I ask the spec of that VNT?

Scoff
22-09-2012, 11:52
I don't know jimmy, I don't know much about VNTs sorry. Best to speak with Phil :)

philr5t
22-09-2012, 16:13
all i can say is my vnt is maxed out and wont flow anymore boost through it :cry:but through the winter i plan to do a couple of changes to try and get to or over the magic 300 mark with a bit more help on the mapping side from chris :)