PDA

View Full Version : Boost Pipe Diameter's & Pipe Advice.

Sol
03-09-2012, 17:12
Hey guys,

I'm after some advice on what diameter the boost/air filter pipework is on a 5 Turbo please.

I 'believe' it is:

63mm pipe that attaches to the Turbo intake (air filter side)
and
51mm pipe that goes onward to the engine. (turbo to carb side)
Can anyone confirm?

And,
I have just a standard T2 turbo on at the moment and I am quite sure that I will need to use a reducer on the turbo's boost outlet as it looks smaller than 51mm to get it up to 51mm. Can anyone confirm this and give me an idea what size it may be? (e.g. 45mm to 51mm?)

And also,
I have just bought a Pace Chargecooler kit without any pipework and can anyone give me an idea of how many 90's and 45's im likely to need to set it up?
(I have already bought 1 metre of 51mm alloy pipe to saw up but haven't an idea of the silicone i'll need)

Thanks!
Luke

Sol
04-09-2012, 16:37
Anyone? :)

Nottswoody
04-09-2012, 16:42
Would love to help bud but I haven't got a clue.. Could anybody help this guy out? Have you tried looking on fleabay for the universal pipes and sizes?

Nottswoody
04-09-2012, 16:50
Would love to help bud but I haven't got a clue.. Could anybody help this guy out? Have you tried looking on fleabay for the universal pipes and sizes?

Just taken mine off my car and the telephone pipe is 61mm and the metal tube that fits my cossie intercooler is 56mm as for your cooler I don't have one bud so I can help there.. Hope that's some help

Also took my carb to ic off that was 51mm Samco and the pipe metal is 50mm

Markey Mark (BD)
04-09-2012, 16:53
Off the turbo and going onto the carb you will need 51mm hose, i belivee the Pace charge cooler is the same but not meausred on in while so double check

To plumb it up you will need 2 x 90deg elbows for the top pipe and 1 x 135 deg rougly) for the one off the turbo to base of charge cooler

The new Bill J
04-09-2012, 16:54
63mm pipe that attaches to the Turbo intake (air filter side)

Correct

51mm pipe that goes onward to the engine. (turbo to carb side)

Correct

I have just a standard T2 turbo on at the moment and I am quite sure that I will need to use a reducer on the turbo's boost outlet as it looks smaller than 51mm to get it up to 51mm. Can anyone confirm this and give me an idea what size it may be? (e.g. 45mm to 51mm?)

No, 51mm is fine

I have just bought a Pace Chargecooler kit without any pipework and can anyone give me an idea of how many 90's and 45's im likely to need to set it up?
(I have already bought 1 metre of 51mm alloy pipe to saw up but haven't an idea of the silicone i'll need)

Pass

Sol
05-09-2012, 12:48
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate the replies.

Cheers for physically checking also Paul (NottsWoody) I haven't had the time to do it with my 5 being my daily and being so busy. 6 days a week at work is a pain haha.

Will get some more stuff ordered tonight!

Luke