PDA

View Full Version : Help rtoc lads.

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 15:03
Guess who's broken down! Now... Had an issue with my car spitting 5th gear a while back. Fixed it. It's done it again, stuck in 5th gear position and wont come out. Getting towed to pod, hopefully be able to fix it simply. Need a few bits, drip tray, and a funnel with a long spout to fill the box back up. Or does anybody know if my box is proper dead?

Nottswoody
01-09-2012, 15:19
Guess who's broken down! Now... Had an issue with my car spitting 5th gear a while back. Fixed it. It's done it again, stuck in 5th gear position and wont come out. Getting towed to pod, hopefully be able to fix it simply. Need a few bits, drip tray, and a funnel with a long spout to fill the box back up. Or does anybody know if my box is proper dead?

I can bring both but won't be there till opening tomorrow what jcn you at?

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 15:30
I can bring both but won't be there till opening tomorrow what jcn you at?

Stafford, no problem mate thanks very much. Hopefully I can get to halfrauds for the gear if it's not shut!

Nottswoody
01-09-2012, 15:33
Stafford, no problem mate thanks very much. Hopefully I can get to halfrauds for the gear if it's not shut!

Bit too far past me now I'm at 26 halfords should be open till 8pm bud let me know if you need anything brining tools etc

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 15:50
Bit too far past me now I'm at 26 halfords should be open till 8pm bud let me know if you need anything brining tools etc

Cheers lad. I should be ok, just need a drip tray and some oil and a funnel. Hopefully I can fe to halfords before it shuts. I'm just waiting for a wagon to come and get me!

Nottswoody
01-09-2012, 15:54
Cheers lad. I should be ok, just need a drip tray and some oil and a funnel. Hopefully I can fe to halfords before it shuts. I'm just waiting for a wagon to come and get me!

I have three quarters of a litre of ep15w90 should you get stuck

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 16:04
I have three quarters of a litre of ep15w90 should you get stuck

Appreciate that mate thank you. Good to have a chat tomorrow! :agree:

JP Racing
01-09-2012, 17:28
How did you fix this first time :/ as normally when fifth gear starts to go it could be the nut that holds it in place :) if you take the end off the box held on with 3 bolts remove the cover the nut is right there. It's worth a check as mine did this and screwed the box :(

markg
01-09-2012, 17:36
How did you fix this first time :/ as normally when fifth gear starts to go it could be the nut that holds it in place :) if you take the end off the box held on with 3 bolts remove the cover the nut is right there. It's worth a check as mine did this and screwed the box :(

Same here, mine broke the casing though. The symptoms were the same and when the oil was drained it was full of metal pieces. If anyone is passing the M3 on their way to the pod I have a spare box you can borrow if you fancy swapping it over and someone is willing to pick it up. Its a unknown but the seller assured me it was ok but don't they always.

JP Racing
01-09-2012, 17:52
picture of the box with the end cover taken off and where to look second picture is circled for where the nut goes :) hope this helps

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 18:03
Cheers JP. Yes it was the nut last time. Just hope I can sort it again....

ranj
01-09-2012, 18:06
I'll be there tomorrow hopefully .... If you need any tools or stuff give us a shout ... I'll see what I can do mate.

markg
01-09-2012, 19:10
I was just over at Mike's ( GT Turbo Spares ). I mentioned someone at the Pod was having gearbox woe's so if he has room he is going to bring a gearbox with him. Not trying to spend your money for you just thought it could be helpful if yours is knackered. :agree:

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 19:31
Wow thanks alot for the help boys. Just split the box after 4 hours drive in a wagon! The nut had come off. Rebuilt 5th gear no apparent damage. And now without driving (yet) it selects all gears. So fingers crossed!!

Nottswoody
01-09-2012, 19:56
Wow thanks alot for the help boys. Just split the box after 4 hours drive in a wagon! The nut had come off. Rebuilt 5th gear no apparent damage. And now without driving (yet) it selects all gears. So fingers crossed!!

So you don't need anything?

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 21:12
No thanks pal all sorted, was the hub nut again.

Nottswoody
01-09-2012, 21:16
No thanks pal all sorted, was the hub nut again.

Sweet get some beers down yer and we will see you all about 830ish are you all parked togeather? Were abouts are you all? You guys can get the coffees on in the morn :D

GT Josh
01-09-2012, 21:41
Sweet get some beers down yer and we will see you all about 830ish are you all parked togeather? Were abouts are you all? You guys can get the coffees on in the morn :D

We're right round the back. If you go past the main stand then carry on straight to the bottom were there! Later lad. Coffees in the cafe. I'll get you one pal ;)