PDA

View Full Version : where can i take my car have engine rebuilt

dave j gtt
31-08-2012, 20:58
I really need to get my gtt fixed and out on the roads.

I have not been in the rollaskate with boost for a year nearly, to say i miss it is a understatment, it still runs just i suspect the knock is from bottem end.

Still unsure as to what exctley is wrong.

knock at certain revs it had been getting worse slightley, dug a dug a dug a dug noise.... haha. Once foot down dont do it, only seems when at part throttle.

Head gasket and compression all good. renewed inlet and exhaust gasket, ajusted/reset tappets to.

Clutch slips when cars loaded and did for a year.

I would just like to pay take my car and get the job done, knock fixing full rebuild replacing replaceable parts, I want a new timing chain, recon oil pump and a new clutch fitted.

Or should i just get a new car :smokin: no chance

Sparkie
31-08-2012, 22:22
speak to haz? - if he can't, i could do it. :)

Chunk
03-09-2012, 14:37
It's actually not difficult to do it yourself, i've just done mine

Davenewlove
04-09-2012, 23:00
It's actually not difficult to do it yourself, i've just done mine

Hi mate what sort of time scale you looking at for a full rebuld ? I'm pretty good with mechanics just never done a full rebuild

Bunje
05-09-2012, 07:00
is there a rebuild refresh guide for an engine anywhere on here would be good if there was. but as i was browsing the interweb i found this it is only half complete and all credit goes to the guy who did it
http://z3.invisionfree.com/TuningHouse/ar/t1744.htm

may be of help to someone

Chunk
05-09-2012, 10:00
If you had all the bits you need you can rebuild it in a day, they're really very simple to put together

Davenewlove
06-09-2012, 07:16
Sounds good to me, Gunna have to start saving some pennies then :)

Chris Holt
12-09-2012, 15:11
Buy mine, just had 285 cam with springs done few months ago etc, pistons/liners shells etc etcabout year n half. Car was written off In july so all bits and spares are going. Some bits in classified section or pm me