PDA

View Full Version : Another Purchase

Bigfoot
31-08-2012, 16:09
Just clicked the buy it now for another Renault 5 GT Turbo :wasntme:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/renault-gt-5-/280951892227?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item416a09a903

Couldn't help myself really as a running car and quite a few spares to go with it, its all complete just need to do some welding and put back together ready for MOT, bloke sounds genuine just not got time and is moving. Should be picking it up tomorrow and might look at his Gordini Turbo as well see what sort of state it is in, and work out what space is needed if its all good :)

Anyone want some 17" alloys :laugh: they just look crazy on there, on look out for some replacements already :D

Slammed 66
31-08-2012, 19:05
For one split second I thought this was my second car from 1999.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/TURBOHEARSE/photo-137.jpg

If you need the original spot lamps in the bumper I have a complete skeete front bumper with working lamps for £40 if it's any use to you?

Have a look here

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pfsw&action=display&thread=111044

Was it £500 you gave? Bargain if so :agree:

Ross

Bigfoot
31-08-2012, 20:25
Yeah £500 for it, he says he has another couple of skeete front bumpers plus the lights, plus spare turbo and other bits, plus an original grill as well, hopefully it excellent condition. Costing me £100 to get it back but for the money cant complain really. Find out if it has a group A carb, that will be disappearing very quickily with a standard one back in place plus a few other bits will be getting swapped over and tidied up. Engine bay looks like a mess so that will be stripped down as well and sorted out, will get it looking great again ready for the road. Just a shame when people spray cars different colours they dont do the job right, hopefully door shuts are all done and its just the engine bay which is a different colour.

Ashy
31-08-2012, 21:36
depends whats on it as to whether its a good buy or not, but looks like a pile of poop to me. Did you see it before buying?

Bigfoot
31-08-2012, 21:52
Can't say I have seen it. Just chatted to the bloke for ages. Lots of items worth money on car and spares with it. When get there and it's far from what he said then will just walk away from it.

Nottswoody
31-08-2012, 22:09
I will have the dump valve if you losing it bud :-)

Sparkie
31-08-2012, 22:26
can't be any worse than the turd from wolverhampton you bought.....

Bigfoot
31-08-2012, 22:33
can't be any worse than the turd from wolverhampton you bought.....

That turd made us about £1.5k extra from breaking it, shocking car which was a shame as I knew how well it was looked after from previous owners. Paid for a lot of the work on my raider plus my mates tungy as well. Previous cars picked up have either gone on to good homes once worked on or broken like the silver turd and the black car which was just filler :crap:

Well wait and see whats with this car. Hoping that he was right with it having full koni suspension :) dump valve can be sold but hopefully not being put on a 5 :crap: they should not belong on there :laugh: only kidding :scared: once collected sure can sort something out with it and some other parts if needed.