PDA

View Full Version : Trackrod ends phase 2

Nottswoody
28-08-2012, 12:36
I'm about to do these I'm guessing they are just the same as anyother? Slacken the steering end a couple of threads then the rod it's self smack the top with the nut on and then replace? Is that all? I had the trAcking done recently so shouldn't be stuck really any tips?

Sparkie
28-08-2012, 12:47
wd40 and plenty of heat.... :laugh:

Nottswoody
28-08-2012, 12:50
wd40 and plenty of heat.... :laugh:

They were set only 4month ago so should be free but cheers I'm sure they will be fine... Also if this Dosnt tighten up the steering if I remember correctly there's a bush to buy on the steering colum isn't there?

Dave Reed
28-08-2012, 16:58
make sure you mark or count the turns of the rack, then you shouldn't need to get the tracking done again.

Nottswoody
21-11-2012, 16:43
So I went and had it all lined up today and no wonder it was handling crap my wheels were pointing in wards quite a lot.. He also said that the back wheels were towing onwards aswell but he couldn't do anything about that?

Oh and his you lad said what bhp isit so I said 150bhp then he said his mates one is 350 init.. Why oh why do I always get the dicks talk to me...

I didn't tell him how comes I'm the only 5 iv seen around here for over a year now.. I can't think of anyone with a 350bhp 5 can you?

GTphil
21-11-2012, 17:38
350 Bits of horse ****:wasntme:

Just kind of says yeah it's good but I know better!

I just immediately start to ignore pricks like that, some dude round my way rekoned he had one that would do an 11 second quater, he then went on to describe all the I.c.e he had installed.........i just wanted the ground to open up and swallow the Billy bull****ter:coffee:

chris
21-11-2012, 19:15
I just keep asking them loads of questions and watch them squirm :D

alex barker
21-11-2012, 19:52
My pal's neighbor is 1 of those pricks. He also has a s2 rs turbo the same as my pals and 1 afternoon he trotted over when we was halfway through a turbo swap and he started chatting breeze. The long and short of it was that his standard cvh was running 300hp @1 !?! We then watched him squirm as we quizzed him on the 1 lol "what u mean 1?" His reply was just 1 hah "1 bar, 1psi, 1 what?" He could only reply with the fella only said 1 lol. Lets just say he don't pop up no more :-)

chris
21-11-2012, 19:57
:laugh:
My pal's neighbor is 1 of those pricks. He also has a s2 rs turbo the same as my pals and 1 afternoon he trotted over when we was halfway through a turbo swap and he started chatting breeze. The long and short of it was that his standard cvh was running 300hp @1 !?! We then watched him squirm as we quizzed him on the 1 lol "what u mean 1?" His reply was just 1 hah "1 bar, 1psi, 1 what?" He could only reply with the fella only said 1 lol. Lets just say he don't pop up no more :-)

Nottswoody
21-11-2012, 20:32
So has anyone else been told there rear wheels are towing inwards after a 4wheel alignment? He said its fine and nothing can be done. I guess it's just because its Lowerd?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
21-11-2012, 20:49
So has anyone else been told there rear wheels are towing inwards after a 4wheel alignment? He said its fine and nothing can be done. I guess it's just because its Lowerd?

If they know what they are doing.....then all the info should be backed up by the data stored in their 4 wheel alignment gear.

Nottswoody
21-11-2012, 21:05
If they know what they are doing.....then all the info should be backed up by the data stored in their 4 wheel alignment gear.

They said the tolerances were fine they simply said it was just towing inwards the fronts were miles out but that's because i went back down to 15s and I also changed all the rods whisbones etc etc so I expected it was out. I will see how it handles tomorrow on they way to work hopefully it won't try and slide all the way over the road like it has been doing..

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
21-11-2012, 21:11
Most of the time renault used the underbody heights of the car to cross reference with a table to determine the tolerances.
Iirc 'Renault net' had a table for checking vans that were fully loaded etc....