PDA

View Full Version : carb just decided to run super rich and not idle well

djinuk
26-08-2012, 16:56
Strange .. cars been running amazing.. but when i came to a halt after about 30 mins of driving it cut out.. starts back up fine but idles lumpy.. no matter what i do with mixture my afrs are 9.5... if it was an air leak surely it would run lean.. , cleaned the idle jet with no joy.

any suggestions ??

GTphil
26-08-2012, 18:19
Have you pulled the mixture screw out to make sure it hasn't broke or anything?

Strange given it was running well beforehand, what happens to the afr's when you rev it?

Tony Walker
26-08-2012, 19:46
float overfilling? pressure reg stuck open? or vacuum pipe popped off it?

djinuk
26-08-2012, 19:57
well ive got it idling better .. but not great, yet afrs are still 9.4/5/6... , other than that it seems to be driving fine.. :S:crap:

Tony Walker
26-08-2012, 20:13
Take the lobster off and have a look down, shouldnt see any fuel dribbling while running. (be careful of the damn nuts and washers when removing the lobster lol)

GTphil
26-08-2012, 20:19
:crap:If you haven't already have a look down the carb while it's idleing, and then watch as you touch the throttle, fuel should spray in a kind of mist.

I had almost exactly the same problem as this last week, the issue with my carb was the enrichment circut on the passenger side, I changed it for a spare I had and hey presto, back to normal.

Even when I stripped the faulty enrichment circut I couldn't visually see anything wrong:crap:

Nottswoody
26-08-2012, 20:48
Take the lobster off and have a look down, shouldnt see any fuel dribbling while running. (be careful of the damn nuts and washers when removing the lobster lol)

I hear that!!:)