PDA

View Full Version : worn locks

djinuk
10-12-2008, 14:36
My r5 locks are all warn and any key, with a little force unlocks it. Due to this im looking on ebay for a r5 breaking to replace all the locks (apart from igniton with). Will campus locks be the same, and is there anything i must be wary of when swapping the locks over. Regards Damian

The new Bill J
10-12-2008, 14:42
The gt turbo uses lightweight locks, whereas the Campus uses heavier ones, as it's not as fast. I believe the GTX and the Monaco also use the lightweight versions. All other models use the same heavyweight ones as the Campus.

Raiders however, use a totally different one altogether. They're ultra rare, only 1000 sets ever made :cool:

If you use the heavyweight version, be sure not to drop them on your toes while you're changing them, unless you're wearing steel toe-cap footwear.

djinuk
10-12-2008, 14:44
haha, you serious, i never imagined they would of gone into making lightweight version of the locks, ah well , :)

paul b
10-12-2008, 14:49
all R5 locks are the same ....

only the ignition lock has changed ,but can be made to work using a bit of nouse

djinuk
10-12-2008, 14:50
ah ok, crazy , completly diff answers :P , dont need to swap ignition ,

tom t
10-12-2008, 15:50
lol to bills reply.
think this might give it away a bit about the locks

The new Bill J (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=36)
Village Idiot

:laugh:

Trevhib
10-12-2008, 16:41
The gt turbo uses lightweight locks, whereas the Campus uses heavier ones, as it's not as fast. I believe the GTX and the Monaco also use the lightweight versions. All other models use the same heavyweight ones as the Campus.

Raiders however, use a totally different one altogether. They're ultra rare, only 1000 sets ever made :cool:

If you use the heavyweight version, be sure not to drop them on your toes while you're changing them, unless you're wearing steel toe-cap footwear.

Very harsh Bill.

:goodJob: