PDA

View Full Version : FFS, I've seen it all now...

Mart
10-12-2008, 12:43
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Signs-Ban-Swearing-On-Streets-In-Preston-As-Council-Bosses-Blitz-Anti-Social-Behaviour-At-Christmas/Article/200812215176316?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Te aser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15176316_Signs_Ban_Swearing_On_Streets _In_Preston_As_Council_Bosses_Blitz_Anti-Social_Behaviour_At_Christmas

:sad2:

How much more 'nanny state/pc' is this w8nkstain of a country gonna get?!

wrightygtt
10-12-2008, 13:24
aahh nips, soon we won't be able to use words like Jaanky Cant.
I wonder how the Lapd are gonna price the offences, i.e For instance would I get fined for every swear word used? Or a fixed penalty of 75 pounds, for all.

BriC
10-12-2008, 13:28
Have you ever seen a grown man eat his own head?

wrightygtt
10-12-2008, 13:31
Can't say I have? Have you?

BriC
10-12-2008, 13:34
Directed at Mart ;)

Mart
10-12-2008, 13:42
http://willvideoforfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/rabbit_pancake.jpg

BriC
10-12-2008, 13:43
:laugh:

It was with reference to your quote "FFS, I've seen it all now..."

paul b
10-12-2008, 14:40
just mental............

shall we ban MP's for being arrogant, stuck up, bottom spanking , boy touching **** stains....

just my opinion of course, LOL

The new Bill J
10-12-2008, 14:48
We had a team brief the other week at work telling us we're no longer allowed to swear on the premises, and if we do disciplinary action could be taken which could result in us getting the sack.

Later on a few of us asked one of our bosses what he thought of this new rule. His response was: "I think it's a load of of bollox, now feck off and do some work" :scared:

paul b
10-12-2008, 14:50
no effin or jeffin................LOL....

but you can say F***, S***,W***....LOL

5teve L
10-12-2008, 15:10
just mental............

shall we ban MP's for being arrogant, stuck up, bottom spanking , boy touching **** stains....

just my opinion of course, LOL

The last person to enter the Houses of Parliament with the right idea was Guy Fawkes.:laugh:

Trevhib
10-12-2008, 16:51
Tbf lads, I'm all for folk being more respectable in public places. There's far too many nob heads about who think it's ok to be a tosser in public and be completely irresponsible.

Better for the govt to try and tackle these ****ers rather than my fists. Whether Preston council are going about it in the right way or not is another matter.

:mart:

clee
10-12-2008, 17:03
That's what they should have done on the Polish border in 1939 :goodJob:
That would have made them think twice ,bet they'd all have gone straight home to bed ,feeling very shamed faced .........
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/candyman/candyman0708/candyman070800065/1422528.jpg

Rob@Backyardracing
10-12-2008, 18:29
If you have a night out in Bolton as you leave the Clubs and pubs they hand out bottles of bubbles for peeps to blow on way home. :scared: surpose to calm people down to stop all the trouble. :laugh:

5teve L
10-12-2008, 18:37
If you have a night out in Bolton as you leave the Clubs and pubs they hand out bottles of bubbles for peeps to blow on way home. :scared: surpose to calm people down to stop all the trouble. :laugh:
Serious Rob ??

Mart
10-12-2008, 18:50
What happened to freedom of speech? And worse than that, what about privacy laws? If I want to talk to a mate, using a bit of profanity along the way, I don't particular want do-gooders, or anyone else, eavesdropping a private convo.

Seriously, this fecking sh1tbag janky asswipe country is winding me up more & more as each day passes :mad:

5teve L
10-12-2008, 19:16
ooooo, all that on post 666 Mart.... maybbe you're just getting old & miserable... oh hang on.. :laugh:

Seriously though, i know exactly what you mean & it isn't funny :sad2:

youngscottie
10-12-2008, 21:14

i just like to get blowen when i leave the pub:D

Sam M
10-12-2008, 22:20
Mart will be put in Prison is banning of swearing is put into full force :laugh:. Reminds me of the film Demolition Man where swearing was banned.

Maka
11-12-2008, 19:19
f**k em

Marcus
12-12-2008, 12:23
I nearly got kicked out of a pub this time last year for swearing :sad2: Was just chatting to mates and we were close to the bar and the bint of a land lady kept moaning about the language, ffs it was a pub at 11pm not like there are going to be any under 18's about which haven't heard the language before!

UNICRONICUS
12-12-2008, 14:24
Mart will be put in Prison is banning of swearing is put into full force :laugh:. Reminds me of the film Demolition Man where swearing was banned.

Quality film! I used to watch that after being on the piss every weekend when I was younger :D

UNICRONICUS
12-12-2008, 14:24

You're havin' a bubble right? :scared:

Trevhib
12-12-2008, 16:51
I nearly got kicked out of a pub this time last year for swearing :sad2: Was just chatting to mates and we were close to the bar and the bint of a land lady kept moaning about the language, ffs it was a pub at 11pm not like there are going to be any under 18's about which haven't heard the language before!

Not relevant at all. A pub is a pub granted but if your foul language can be heard by all and sundry then you're taking a liberty mate. Especially when you're at the bar where other people need to be in order to get a drink. Not every one enjoys hearing other folks profanities.

Have a look at the club rules. That's the exact reason full on swearing is disallowed on these boards.

Adam L
12-12-2008, 17:30
Maybe they should make the law to use internet abreviations in public...WTF, FFS, FSOMYBB, CF, and so on...

Marcus
12-12-2008, 20:55
Not relevant at all. A pub is a pub granted but if your foul language can be heard by all and sundry then you're taking a liberty mate. Especially when you're at the bar where other people need to be in order to get a drink. Not every one enjoys hearing other folks profanities.

Have a look at the club rules. That's the exact reason full on swearing is disallowed on these boards.

It's a place where its 18+, I don't swear when out in public during the day and I don't swear at home because I have a young daughter, but after a few drinks and having a laugh and a bit of banter with my mates yes a few odd swear words drop in too conversation, it's part of the English language and if people can say them on the TV after 9pm then so can I in a pub IMO.

Trevhib
13-12-2008, 12:19
It's a place where its 18+, I don't swear when out in public during the day and I don't swear at home because I have a young daughter, but after a few drinks and having a laugh and a bit of banter with my mates yes a few odd swear words drop in too conversation, it's part of the English language and if people can say them on the TV after 9pm then so can I in a pub IMO.

I understand exactly, I concur to a degree and certainly don't claim to be a perfect gent. However, age, time and location can't make it entirely acceptable if other people can hear you and they find it offesive (as that's their prerogative). It's like passive smoking (barring the cancer). I think the bottom line would look something a bit like: If it's inaudible to people external to your group, you can say what you like, when you like, where you like. :agree:

Marcus
15-12-2008, 20:38
I understand exactly, I concur to a degree and certainly don't claim to be a perfect gent. However, age, time and location can't make it entirely acceptable if other people can hear you and they find it offesive (as that's their prerogative). It's like passive smoking (barring the cancer). I think the bottom line would look something a bit like: If it's inaudible to people external to your group, you can say what you like, when you like, where you like. :agree:

:agree:

Think I just get that bit louder after each pint :laugh: