PDA

View Full Version : Quotes on bodywork & respary

Fishey
23-08-2012, 19:28
Been to two bodyshops now, one i have used before for a major resto, and another we use at work.
Have been quoted for:
Inner and outer sills,
All windows out
Bodykit removed fully
Small amount of rust to be repared around rear windows/windscreen/airel hole/drivers door step
Rear bumper mounts
Repairs to front pannel
Re hang doors
Paint door shuts/boot shut
Full respray.

They have both said i will have to supply inner/outer sills and bumper mounts.

Again both places have quoted £2.5k

Any thoughts?

Tutuur
23-08-2012, 20:16
Wish i lived in the UK! I paid about the same and did all labour myself!
All he did was base paint and color+clear coate...

cook1981
23-08-2012, 20:19
Been to two bodyshops now, one i have used before for a major resto, and another we use at work.
Have been quoted for:
Inner and outer sills,
All windows out
Bodykit removed fully
Small amount of rust to be repared around rear windows/windscreen/airel hole/drivers door step
Rear bumper mounts
Repairs to front pannel
Re hang doors
Paint door shuts/boot shut
Full respray.

They have both said i will have to supply inner/outer sills and bumper mounts.

Again both places have quoted £2.5k

Any thoughts?

To save a bit of cash wouldn't you consider doing some of it yourself, fixing rust and doing the sills also hanging the doors I would say are all do able maybe even cutting the windows out, I'm no expert but I think it would be putting them in that would be the hard bit, I'd get another quote after you have done this to give you some motivation, the labour costs alone would take at least 1000 of the price if not more

Benjer182
23-08-2012, 20:32
That's not a bad price tbh mate I am a panel beater and it is a lot of work, pay cheap pay twice

cook1981
23-08-2012, 20:47
That's not a bad price tbh mate I am a panel beater and it is a lot of work, pay cheap pay twice

Just out of curiosity how much would the price be if you done the above work yourself sills etc as I'm collecting parts to do the same myself at some point next year:confused

Fishey
23-08-2012, 20:47
I was expecting this sort of price to be honest, i know it is a lot of work!
I weld at work but its plant machinery so im used to thicker metal, i want it done properly! I would have a go if i had somewhere close inside that i could use :crap:.

Benjer182 you local aren't you? Don't suppose its a project you would like to take on?;)

chris
23-08-2012, 20:56
I am a truck mechanic so i know what you mean bout being used to welding thicker metal but i managed mine it just depends if you can spare 2.5k or if you want to save give it a go

Benjer182
23-08-2012, 20:58
I was expecting this sort of price to be honest, i know it is a lot of work!
I weld at work but its plant machinery so im used to thicker metal, i want it done properly! I would have a go if i had somewhere close inside that i could use :crap:.

Benjer182 you local aren't you? Don't suppose its a project you would like to take on?;)

I'm I'm Cheltenham mate where are you ? I already have my own 5 to do and 2 mk1 golfs for a mate otherwise I would

Danboi2
23-08-2012, 21:09
That price seems about right I paid about £800 for
Sills
Jacking points
New floor section
Undersealed
Stone chiped and sprayed

and mines now back in the body shop haveing
Front bumper repaired and sprayed
New Arches fitted
Side skirts fitted
Rear bumper mounts
Doors delocked and sprayed
Rust under rear arch cut out and repaired
rear spoiler sprayed and fitted
Rear quarters painted
New wings fitted

and thats lots £800

chris
23-08-2012, 21:12
Just out of curiosity how much would the price be if you done the above work yourself sills etc as I'm collecting parts to do the same myself at some point next year:confused

I hope this gives you an idea i have done the work myself and i have had quotes for spraying my car for 1200

Benjer182
23-08-2012, 21:17

Wouldn't normally do that sort of thing due to people not being happy with the end product and blaming us when it's actually the prep they've done that's made it that way, that's just my personal experience though mate

cook1981
23-08-2012, 21:44
Wouldn't normally do that sort of thing due to people not being happy with the end product and blaming us when it's actually the prep they've done that's made it that way, that's just my personal experience though mate

No probs that's good to know

Fishey
23-08-2012, 21:59
I'm I'm Cheltenham mate where are you ? I already have my own 5 to do and 2 mk1 golfs for a mate otherwise I would

Bourton on the water, not far!

That's the other thing I'm thinking, if I do some of it myself and its not quite good enough I'm just gonna have to get it re done!

chris
23-08-2012, 22:21
Bourton on the water, not far!

That's the other thing I'm thinking, if I do some of it myself and its not quite good enough I'm just gonna have to get it re done!

Have some faith in yourself lol you cant really go wrong with sills or rear bumper mounts as you buy them complete and just weld them on all paint prep i would leave to the pros though

Fishey
24-08-2012, 22:51
Gonna have a word with a mate to see if I can use a corner of his unit for a few weeks to strip it and do the welding, hopefully this will reduce the price a bit.