PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on an adequate form of punishment please.....

GTphil
23-08-2012, 14:12
Ok, so the story goes, my mates just got him self a shiney new Audi TT Black edition S-Line.

So today he let me take it out for a run, it's the tdi engine so isn't the quickest thing on the planet but it's a very nice motor to drive and the handling is fantastic, couple that with the low down grunt and it was quite fun:cool:

Then when I was backing it down our back street and onto his drive I only went and caught one of the 19" alloys on the curb:ashamed::sad:

Obviously I owned up immediately, it's only a small mark and shouldn't be to hard to sort.

Anyway aside from a public dressing down on Facebook and the like has anybody got any suggestions for a suitable punishment for me.

I'm literally probably not going to sleep for a whole month anyway now. What a complete tool!!!:ashamed:

Coops
23-08-2012, 15:18
he gets to mangle your alloy on a kerb? :p

D4WNO
23-08-2012, 15:20
Lol are you paying for it to be refurbed?

GTphil
23-08-2012, 15:20
Errrrr! Not sure if I'm up for that one:laugh:

Duncan Grier
23-08-2012, 15:33
You have been punished enough been forced to drive something that is powered by the fuel of the devil :coffee::cooter:

If you feel you need more punishment maybe a parking lesson with BSM driving school LOL

:wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

DG

GTphil
23-08-2012, 16:29
Ohh god! It gets worse! I am a driving instructor myself:ashamed:

I offered that but he refused! I might just go ahead and get it done anyway.

rikki GT
23-08-2012, 22:54
buy him some of those normally brightly coloured plastic outer rim protectors!:cool: and tell him they really set the car off!

let him take you out for a lesson in parking in your work car? with a few of your curent learners in the back

sport a set of american curb feelers from now on!?
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/OlUncleMotor/CarShow%202-2011%20NaplesFL/55CorvetteVertOptionalCurbFeelers2-12-11LR.jpg

Coops
24-08-2012, 09:43
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/OlUncleMotor/CarShow%202-2011%20NaplesFL/55CorvetteVertOptionalCurbFeelers2-12-11LR.jpg

only in America would they come up with that

'I don't want to scratch my rim, but i'll clip some metal to my freshly repainted arches and scratch the hell out of them when I hit the kerb and the feeler flexes, yehawww'

I seriously hope that things padded inside:laugh:

GTphil
24-08-2012, 20:29
Well, things have gone from bad to worse, been in contact with Audi, no touch up kits available, although the paint has a code, it doesn't have a recipe mix, so getting an exact match is impossible so the whole wheel needs a re-furb and will have to be matched by eye as close as possable to the rest.

I'm never driving anyones car ever again:cry:

Nottswoody
24-08-2012, 20:35
Get the mobile wheel refurb guys out should only be about £40- £50 surely ?

Gttnutter
24-08-2012, 23:08
The problem you have is that getting a near perfect match is by chance and how good the refurb company is.

I've used these guys for 2 sets of wheels....

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/

they done my old willy wheels in powdercoat black and a set of porsche d90's

cant fault there work! they are only a stones throw away from me and do large contracts for merc/bmw/vw main dealers

GTphil
25-08-2012, 05:55
Although I'm not sure exactly, I think he's going through the Audi main dealer he purchased the car from last month.

The worst thing is he won't let me pay for the refurb:scratch:

I can understand why he wants it as perfect as possable as it's a bran new motor, hasn't even covered 2k yet.

Lord only knows what the bill will come to, I think he's having a few other small marks sorted at the same time also.

It wasn't even 24hrs old when he decided to give it a wash, and the most random thing happened with his jet wash, the jet on the end must have somehow got blocked and when he pointed it at the car and pulled the trigger the plastic jet fired out and left a penny sized dent right in the middle of the passenger door.:cry:

So that coupled with his bell end of a mate (me:ashamed:) and he hasn't had a great deal of luck with it so far.

robx1r
25-08-2012, 12:46
mate **** happens stop being so hard on yourself! does it have a spare alloy? have you priced a new alloy from audi or looked in the damaged repairables section on donedeal/gumtree etc?

GTphil
25-08-2012, 12:53
That's what he says:laugh: