PDA

View Full Version : Asking the wench to marry me :-)

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 17:31
So the time has come after 7yrs togeather for me to make an honest women of the mrs.. We have a 16month old girl and thinking of the 2nd.. But before hand I need to marry the girl of my dreams.. I was just wondering how to?? What did you guys do when and were?? I'm just getting some ideas togeather but I'm aiming for new years to pop the Q (plus it will take me that long to save for the ring) answers below please :popcorn:

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 17:49
So the time has come after 7yrs togeather for me to make an honest women of the mrs.. We have a 16month old girl and thinking of the 2nd.. But before hand I need to marry the girl of my dreams.. I was just wondering how to?? What did you guys do when and were?? I'm just getting some ideas togeather but I'm aiming for new years to pop the Q (plus it will take me that long to save for the ring) answers below please :popcorn:

:laugh:

September 2008 Sarah & I went to Blackpool for the weekend with some of the RTOC crew for a p1ss up and we agreed to visit the pleasure beach theme park. I was very insistent that the first ride we were to go on that day was THE BIG ONE Rollercoaster, my excuse was to beat the ques but I really had other plans.

During the ascent to the top of the rollercoaster I turned to Sarah & produced a plastic toy ring I'd bought & asked her to marry me! :D She was gobsmacked & said yes but as she wasn't expecting it she started crying. As we went round we got the picture and in it she's bawling her eyes out and I'm laughing.

One of the funniest moments was as we were going round I could hear Mart & AlexS saying "did you just do what I thought you did?, Congratulations etc" so at the end of the ride they were really happy for us both but then said? Sh1t I don't remember anything about the ride?! :laugh: Happy days! ;)

My top tip would be for you to ask your good lady to marry you with a Plastic toy ring so you can buy the real one together! You're guarantee'd to get it wrong if you do it yourself?! ;)

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 18:09

September 2008 Sarah & I went to Blackpool for the weekend with some of the RTOC crew for a p1ss up and we agreed to visit the pleasure beach theme park. I was very insistent that the first ride we were to go on that day was THE BIG ONE Rollercoaster, my excuse was to beat the ques but I really had other plans.

During the ascent to the top of the rollercoaster I turned to Sarah & produced a plastic toy ring I'd bought & asked her to marry me! :D She was gobsmacked & said yes but as she wasn't expecting it she started crying. As we went round we got the picture and in it she's bawling her eyes out and I'm laughing.

One of the funniest moments was as we were going round I could hear Mart & AlexS saying "did you just do what I thought you did?, Congratulations etc" so at the end of the ride they were really happy for us both but then said? Sh1t I don't remember anything about the ride?! :laugh: Happy days! ;)

My top tip would be for you to ask your good lady to marry you with a Plastic toy ring so you can buy the real one together! You're guarantee'd to get it wrong if you do it yourself?! ;)

Hey I tell you what that's a great idea.. We've just been to her older sisters wedding an Iv been meaning to get married for some time but the sister beat us to it so I graciously waited untill her wedding was over.. What about the London eye new years?? That's one to look into.. I bet that would cost a packet though

clee
20-08-2012, 18:25
I'd wait till leap year and see what happens ;)

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 18:38
I'd wait till leap year and see what happens ;)

Oh no no no mate I saw her face watching her sis get married instead of her it was tearing her apart and her friends told me on the side she worries I don't want to marry her.. (seven yrs) is along time to keep her dangling plus with our daughter havingy name it tears her heart when someone says "are you Chloe's mum" it's time I got my act togeather plus I'm losing my hair now lol im 35 and she's 27 and my mates say I'm pinching above my weight ha ha!! :D

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 18:43
What about the London eye new years?? That's one to look into.. I bet that would cost a packet though

Use your loaf mate and it shouldn't cost you the earth! ;) You know these women love something memorable/romatic! Try & do something different to the old trip to paris/dinner on the Saine etc?

Think outside the box?! ;)

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 18:48
Use your loaf mate and it shouldn't cost you the earth! ;) You know these women love something memorable/romatic! Try & do something different to the old trip to paris/dinner on the Saine etc?

Think outside the box?! ;)

We are not very well travelled in this house hold so Paris would be memorable for us I personally have never been to London it's never interested me we watched the fireworks last year and the mrs to be said she would love Togo there. That was what I was thinking plus we can take our daughter aswell I want us all togeather new years.. But keep the ideas coming

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 18:57
We are not very well travelled in this house hold so Paris would be memorable for us I personally have never been to London it's never interested me we watched the fireworks last year and the mrs to be said she would love Togo there. That was what I was thinking plus we can take our daughter aswell I want us all togeather new years.. But keep the ideas coming

There you go, that's a great idea!! Save up & take the family to London, ask your lady to marry you at a London Landmark?

Harrods
London Eye
The Embankment
Tower Bridge
The Grapes Tandoori - Ok this one may be a bit tenuous!? :laugh:

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 19:17
There you go, that's a great idea!! Save up & take the family to London, ask your lady to marry you at a London Landmark?

Harrods
London Eye
The Embankment
Tower Bridge
The Grapes Tandoori - Ok this one may be a bit tenuous!? :laugh:

The tower bridge could be symbolic to the marriage ahead I guess she's often threatening to chop my nuts off :)

Alex
20-08-2012, 19:24
We were in Rome having dinner just in front of the Colleseum. I just came straight out and asked her...... Just as a bus went by, so she didn't hear me and I had to ask her again!

Unfortunately....... She said yes :laugh:

Good luck!

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-08-2012, 19:40
We were in Rome having dinner just in front of the Colleseum. I just came straight out and asked her...... Just as a bus went by, so she didn't hear me and I had to ask her again!

Unfortunately....... She said yes :laugh:

Good luck!

Al` ive been to that burger king too....:laugh:, well i proposed to sade in the blue mountains in oz, on a tannoy system with a bus load of tourists...:laugh:, no way she could say no...:laugh:, never speak to me again..... maybe, i figuired after putting up with me for 12 yrs and letting me have some many cars etc , id best make sure she couldnt escape...:laugh:, whatever ya do bud, im sure she will love it...:yeah:

D4WNO
20-08-2012, 20:07
Awww I love threads like this.

I agree with Steve though about thinking outside the box. Luckily for Adam if he ever suggested going to Paris and he intended to propose whilst there, I'd have no idea as we've already been there a couple of times together anyway.

Speaking as a girl (during the week anyway), it's not so much about grand gestures, but more about thoughtfulness. My heart melted when Adam took me on the London Eye on one of our first dates - he'd looked up when sunset was going to be that day, found out how long the "flight" was and booked it so the sun was going down when we were right at the top.

That's not what I loved the most though, he rememberd me mentioning I wanted to go on the Eye months before we even got together and he hates (really hates) heights! He was sat down on the bench on the middle holding on tightly while I was staring out the window in awe. He was acting like it was a white knuckle ride at 2mph bless him. I feel all emotional even thinking about it now, nobody had ever done anything so thoughtful for me before :ashamed:

GTphil
20-08-2012, 20:27
If you want my advise mate I would say "don't bother!!"

I'm just a grumpy old cynic:wasntme:

Alex
20-08-2012, 20:29
Al` ive been to that burger king too....:laugh:, well i proposed to sade in the blue mountains in oz, on a tannoy system with a bus load of tourists...:laugh:, no way she could say no...:laugh:, never speak to me again..... maybe, i figuired after putting up with me for 12 yrs and letting me have some many cars etc , id best make sure she couldnt escape...:laugh:, whatever ya do bud, im sure she will love it...:yeah:

It was Subway I'll have you know! :laugh:

andybond
20-08-2012, 20:54
Find a random burd to give a house to. Its cheaper and no bitterness in the end.

:D

On a less cynical note , I asked my lass to marry me 7.5 years ago. We were on a 2mi beach on our own.

If ever she is moaning at me about leaving stuff out , just drop that pearl in and I can get away with murder !

Well , almost :scared:

Coops
20-08-2012, 21:41
(plus it will take me that long to save for the ring)

exactly what i'd be doing, nurburgring trip for the win, best gift any prospective wife could ever want ;)

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 21:57
exactly what i'd be doing, nurburgring trip for the win, best gift any prospective wife could ever want ;)

Now their's a flippin good idea?! Asking your girlfriend to marry you in a Ring Taxi ride round the ring?! :laugh:

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 22:10
Now their's a flippin good idea?! Asking your girlfriend to marry you in a Ring Taxi ride round the ring?! :laugh:

My mrs HATES cars HATES the 5 and HATES everything todo with cars so nope.. No ring proposals :disagree:

gtmatt
20-08-2012, 22:17
My mrs HATES cars HATES the 5 and HATES everything todo with cars so nope.. No ring proposals :disagree:

Sounds like mine lol

philr5t
20-08-2012, 22:22
I sent my missus on a blind folded treasure hunt in a big garden for ten minutes then at the end I gave her a last treasure to find and it was a remote control it was pitch black in a garden so I took the blind fold off told her to look at the end of the garden and push the button on the remote 2 seconds later fireworks exploded and when the smoke cleared there was a huge firework sign I had made saying marry me greatest thing I have ever seen I'll try and find a picture mate
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/philr5/2F1240EF-48E7-4D28-8125-731636E2CB54-2214-000004355259837A.jpg

GTphil
20-08-2012, 22:23
And mine!:laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 22:27
WOW :eek:

I AM a lucky monkey! ;)

rs250nut
20-08-2012, 22:35
When I proposed to the missus I took her out................................. one punch, all joking aside we went rowing down wareham river, as I went to pull the ring out of my pocket I nearly fell in, she laughed for a while when I managed to get it out,I thought she was going to tell me to f**k off:eek:

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 22:40
when I managed to get it out,I thought she was going to tell me to f**k off:eek:

Did you get round to asking her to marry you? :laugh:;)

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 22:41
a huge firework sign I had made saying marry me..

EPIC WIN!! :niceone:

10/10

rs250nut
20-08-2012, 22:46
Yes mate, I did poo my pants though, even when slightly embrassed I glow red in the face let alone proposing. Heres a pic of me and my two best men on route

Bit poncey but bad ass all the same with three Italian v8's all with tubi exhausts

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii108/rs250nut/photo-147.jpg

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2012, 22:50
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::agree:

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 22:52
I sent my missus on a blind folded treasure hunt in a big garden for ten minutes then at the end I gave her a last treasure to find and it was a remote control it was pitch black in a garden so I took the blind fold off told her to look at the end of the garden and push the button on the remote 2 seconds later fireworks exploded and when the smoke cleared there was a huge firework sign I had made saying marry me greatest thing I have ever seen I'll try and find a picture mate
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/philr5/2F1240EF-48E7-4D28-8125-731636E2CB54-2214-000004355259837A.jpg

Just looked on the net £215 for this.. It's on the list of maybies

Nottswoody
20-08-2012, 22:54
Yes mate, I did poo my pants though, even when slightly embrassed I glow red in the face let alone proposing. Heres a pic of me and my two best men on route

Bit poncey but bad ass all the same with three Italian v8's all with tubi exhausts

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii108/rs250nut/photo-147.jpg

Can I borrow one for new years guys I promise I won't scratch it :)

JRP
21-08-2012, 10:21
Roll over in bed, fart.. waft it up so she is heaving then lob the ring box at her and say.. this was on this months list of to do's weddings in two months in vagas.:agree:

philg
21-08-2012, 10:36

Very good :)

Mart
21-08-2012, 11:24
Was Bekki's 30th back in January, and to celebrate that we booked a holiday to Sri Lanka - I arranged a surprise Birthday meal on the beach for the 2 of us, bottle of champers (which I had brought with me from the UK, and resultantly was sh1tting bricks that it would break in my suitcase on the way over :D), flowers, little lights around the palm trees, a dude from the hotel's band playing acoustic guitar in the background, etc etc, and all arranged to tie in with the bad ass sunsets they have there.

It was perfect :) and just as the sun finally set with a picture perfect postcard coloured sky, with Bekki expecting it was all nothing more than a romantic Birthday meal, I went down on one knee, out with the plastic ring (which was actually a napkin ring in the shape of a massive diamond ring :D) and popped the big question.

A few tears later (of a happiness emotion I hope :laugh:) and thankfully Bekki replied yes - Our big day is 7th September next year :cool: :)

Mart
21-08-2012, 11:42

That was a great weekend, with many great memories :cool: :) We need a re-visit there again soon mate :beer:

J8TRO
21-08-2012, 17:01
To be honest, it doesnt matter where you do it. Just make sure she remembers it. I asked my ex to marry me at the top of the empire state building.....should of just chucked her off instead.

Good luck with what ever you do. You wont have felt so nervous in all your life.

What are her interests? (besides hating your 5?)

The new Bill J
21-08-2012, 18:26
I asked my ex to marry me at the top of the empire state building.....should of just chucked her off instead.

As a wise man once said: Why bother getting married - Just find a woman you hate, and buy her a house :wasntme:

GT Josh
21-08-2012, 20:21
If you want my advise mate I would say "don't bother!!"

I'm just a grumpy old cynic:wasntme:

Definately showing this your missis :laugh:

GTphil
21-08-2012, 21:53
Definately showing this your missis :laugh:

Already showed her:cooter: she didn't speak to me for half an hour or so then I got the whole "it would be nice if we could at least get engaged" talk:coffee:

Nottswoody
21-08-2012, 22:00
Already showed her:cooter: she didn't speak to me for half an hour or so then I got the whole "it would be nice if we could at least get engaged" talk:coffee:

That's exactly what I'm doing getting engaged 1st save for a long time then do it right.. All though now she really wants to have a 2nd child..

Nottswoody
21-08-2012, 22:04
To be honest, it doesnt matter where you do it. Just make sure she remembers it. I asked my ex to marry me at the top of the empire state building.....should of just chucked her off instead.

Good luck with what ever you do. You wont have felt so nervous in all your life.

What are her interests? (besides hating your 5?)

Iv made my mind up now bud I'm going to doit new years in London we watched the fireworks last year as our nipper was only 8months old as mentioned she said she would love to actually watch them there so that's what's it's going to be I think me the mrs and baby girl.. Will be cute..