PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong whit my brakes

FSP
19-08-2012, 16:43
It hapens when braking at higher speeds like over 100km/h, the car starts to vibrate. I bougt new front discs, bearings and pads, but no diferents... :mad: Rear discs and pads are looking OK and it feels like vibrations are coming from the front.

Thanks,
Martin

Tony Walker
19-08-2012, 18:18
try your handbrake, this should tell if its rears or not.
Otherwise check disc run out with a DTI gauge if you have one available, you might find its a build up of rubbish on the hub face so replacing discs will not change the disc runout. check the faces are clean and flat before fitting the discs.

steveT2
19-08-2012, 19:13
I had the same prob with my old gtt,and it turned out to be the hub face wanted cleaning(as mentioned above)

FSP
19-08-2012, 20:14
Hello,

thanks for help. I will call the machanic that change my discs if he cleaned the hubs. The discs was bought from CGB. Anyone got those fited and had the same problem?

Thanks guys, :agree:
Martin

Tony Walker
19-08-2012, 20:50
its not something that will be a usual problem, if it is the discs then it may be a bad batch/very unlikely, the mechanic may of overdone the test drive bedding them in, then stopped the car while there hot causing them to warp. he'd of had to get them very hot for this to happen. but if the problem was there before the new discs and after then chances are its the hub faces that arent clean or its the rears and feels like the fronts.

old skool turbo power
19-08-2012, 22:48
ive done the same before and brought new disc and pads and over cooked em a tiny bit, and afer a few miles they were pretty much dodgey:crap: so much for braking them in :sad2:
also check that all the front bolts are tight(the ones that was undone)jack the car up and check for any movment?............but saying all this you mention there that a garage had done it for you....:scared:probably forgot to tighten up a bolt or something stupid:rolleyes:

FSP
20-08-2012, 16:41
I called the mechanic and he said that he cleaned the hubs. The thing is that everything he serviced on my 5 is now faulty! The hose on the wather pump was leaking (I tightend the hose), the alternator belt started to make some noise, breaks are vibrating,... :mad:

And the thing is, I dont wont him to fix the problems becouse his a dumbass!

And now the aux fuel tank felt of... :crap:

steveT2
20-08-2012, 20:59
I would take the discs off and check the hub faces your self,like I said mine did exactly the same(vibration at higher speed)
Just give them a clean with a bit of sand paper,and back of disc.