PDA

View Full Version : k tec tubular manifold??

alex johnston
19-08-2012, 10:23
any good for the 5?? may buy one, are they prone to cracking, easy to fit etc, what do you reckon...:coffee:

Brigsy
19-08-2012, 13:37
Save your money;)

alex johnston
19-08-2012, 14:32
Save your money;)go on?

LYNCHSTAR
19-08-2012, 19:12
if you get tubular manifold make sure you get a exhaust down pipe bracket and a turbo to gear box bracket depending on how big ya turbo is and the exhaust system with engine movement the manifold would crack mine did.:cry: got brackets now though.

BluntyR5GTT
19-08-2012, 19:14
ill be selling my raceland one that was bought from the group buy, its covered at the most 150-200miles. i miss the burble of the oe manifold.

ill let it go for £100 plus postage when the time comes

Adam 005
19-08-2012, 23:05
if you get tubular manifold make sure you get a exhaust down pipe bracket and a turbo to gear box bracket depending on how big ya turbo is and the exhaust system with engine movement the manifold would crack mine did.:cry: got brackets now though.

I've had my ktec tubes manifold for 6 years and i bought it secound hand. It did cause me some problems to start with as it cracked on headers 2 and 3 and the collecter was poorley made.That said the bracket from the turbo to stater mount was missing and since welding up the manifold and refitting it with correct suport it's been fine.

Other points to note i had some trouble fitting the larger cross over pipe and clearance on the starter can be an issue.Also had to change a one of the bolts(I think it was the one nearset the turbo that can be seen from the top) for a socket cap as there was no clearance for a spaner or a socket i also had to trim a little bit off the bottem of the heat shield bracket(The one thats on the head) .

There have been many discussions on weather you see any real gains in power using that type manifold.
Over all i am happy with mine as it sounds nice on boost with the setup i run but i do miss that gt burbull you get from the cast type o.e item:)