PDA

View Full Version : White R5GTT H-Reg for sale - 1650 - leeds

sean5gtt
15-08-2012, 21:39
Renault 5 GT Turbo

Getting more rarer original 1980/90's hot hatchback

H- Reg Phase Two GTT

Rare Phase 1 Renault 19 16v 15" alloys in red with excellent matching 195/45/15 tyres

Recently fitted with new 2nd hand engine as original engine on 90k got noisy bottom end but can rebuild if want to retain O.E.M look with original engine - will included in sale with the car

It's done 84,000 on new engine

The head has piper springs and it has a 285 piper cam it had an upgraded head gasket and bolts too

It has a 480 volvo valeo clutch with lightened balanced crank and flywheel too

At the moment I am sorting out teething issues on clutch pedal too high/rad fan inop and engine idle to run smoothly - hopefully will be done by the time of sale

3" rolled chrome Scorpion exhaust

Brand new grooved front brake discs and pads

Brand new rear brake discs and pads

Brand new starter motor

New battery recently installed

New 12 months MOT

No Tax - been off road since 2009

Interior not too bad for 22 years old car

Paintwork not perfect and could do with TLC to make it mint, some surface rusts on windscreen surrounds, bottom of driver door, N/S/R quarter panel on glass surround, but solid and straight car

Some cracks on front and rear bumpers but can repair if you got skills and access to bodyshop tools

Non-sunroof model

Mint 2nd hand tailgate from other car in tungten grey met, painted in white on exterior panel (not perfect)

Not many r5gtts around nowadays

Can use it as track car or weekend car

Offer around £1650 or best offer

Haz
15-08-2012, 21:57
spotted this on ebay, think the red wheels compliment the graphics nicely ;)

sean5gtt
15-08-2012, 22:19
spotted this on ebay, think the red wheels compliment the graphics nicely ;)

LOL. yeah same one am advertising on both eBay and here, not my type of red wheel on white, prefer black or dark grey on white but no garage to re-paint it

Hoping to sell it at decent price, if sold with nice small profit, I might start doing the job I love, restoring r5gtts back to roads where it's belong!:smokin:

Sean

Haz
15-08-2012, 23:41
think it looks funky and a nice change, everyone seems to go for black wheels and you loose all the details then?
good luck if you do more, seems there's alot more poeple having a go these days, along with an extra 10 years of rust owners and abuse than you may have been used to lol. can you remeber how the prices compare to when you used to do it?
have you been out of the trade altogether then?

mightymanx
16-08-2012, 00:14
looks nice what turbo is on it? id be intrested but no tax is a no go for me as i live in the isle of man so would need it to move lol

sean5gtt
16-08-2012, 08:39
looks nice what turbo is on it? id be intrested but no tax is a no go for me as i live in the isle of man so would need it to move lol

No idea on turbo, I think it's standard one.....as for road tax, I can put 6 months on it for extra cost?

Sean

sean5gtt
16-08-2012, 08:43
think it looks funky and a nice change, everyone seems to go for black wheels and you loose all the details then?
good luck if you do more, seems there's alot more poeple having a go these days, along with an extra 10 years of rust owners and abuse than you may have been used to lol. can you remeber how the prices compare to when you used to do it?
have you been out of the trade altogether then?

I remember when I start business in late 1990's, there were plenty of r5gtts and most of them rust free, cheap to buy or less abused lol, now it's getting hard to find decent car at sensible price, less rust or non abused cars lol.

Now am enjoying doing this as a hobby and forgot how much fun to drive the pocket rocket lol

sean5gtt
25-08-2012, 16:44
Renault 5 GT Turbo

H- Reg Phase Two GTT

Rare Phase 1 Renault 19 16v 15" alloys in red with excellent matching 195/45/15 tyres

Recently fitted with new 2nd hand engine as original engine on 90k got noisy bottom end but can rebuild if want to retain O.E.M look with original engine - will included in sale with the car

The head has piper springs and it has a 285 piper cam it had an upgraded head gasket and bolts too

At the moment I am sorting out teething issues on clutch pedal too high/rad fan inop and engine idle to run smoothly - hopefully will be done by the time of sale

Brand new starter motor

New 12 months MOT

Paintwork not perfect and could do with TLC to make it mint, some surface rusts on windscreen surrounds, bottom of driver door, N/S/R quarter panel on glass surround, but solid and straight car

Some cracks on front and rear bumpers but can repair if you got skills and access to bodyshop tools

Non-sunroof model

Mint 2nd hand tailgate from other car in tungten grey met, painted in white on exterior panel (not perfect)

Car now back for sale due to buyer not turn up to buy it, open to offers

Sean

sean5gtt
26-08-2012, 11:18
Car now back for sale due to buyer not turn up to buy it, open to offers

Sean

If the car not sold by end of next week, it will be broken for parts in which I am trying to avoiding to do that as its good car with solid shell:dearme:

Sean

sean5gtt
29-08-2012, 17:44
Still for sale but no one making me offer? :(

Mr Raider
29-08-2012, 23:02
Looks good car mate, defo better than average rusty abused GTT thats normally for sale, does it have much history? running standard boost? priced about right I would of thought, good luck with the sale bud, be a real shame to break espicially with a full ticket! :)

sean5gtt
30-08-2012, 09:41
Looks good car mate, defo better than average rusty abused GTT thats normally for sale, does it have much history? running standard boost? priced about right I would of thought, good luck with the sale bud, be a real shame to break espicially with a full ticket! :)

Yes it very solid straight car with small usual rust spots, mostly surface rust, unfortunately the owner lost document history of this car since it was off road in 2009, hence low price but not many making me offer.....:confused:

Sean

sean5gtt
26-09-2012, 18:02
Renault 5 GT Turbo

H- Reg Phase Two GTT

Brand new starter motor

New 12 months MOT

Non-sunroof model

Still for sale with MOT till August 2013, can put 6 months road tax if sold at a price am asking for at nearest offer of £1650.00

Sean

Nialle
26-09-2012, 21:51
Someone just buy it! be a shame if another gets broken for parts :( good luck mate please dint break it :(

sean5gtt
30-09-2012, 16:22
Someone just buy it! be a shame if another gets broken for parts :( good luck mate please dint break it :(

Yeah, didn't have the heart to break it for parts so am giving the car chance to live the life on the road so finger-crosses someone will enjoying owning this car when sold ASAP

Sean

sean5gtt
02-10-2012, 23:16
Now with 6 months road tax and long MOT till August 2013

:coffee:

redrocket29
07-10-2012, 19:55
Now with 6 months road tax and long MOT till August 2013

What's the lowest you will go

sean5gtt
24-10-2012, 08:26
Still for sale

See link to eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321007179275?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch% 2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D32100 7179275%26_rdc%3D1

LeeR5GTT
28-10-2012, 23:05
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

was nice meeting you today Sean and good luck with the sale :)

sean5gtt
29-10-2012, 13:15

was nice meeting you today Sean and good luck with the sale :)

Likewise mate, car still for sale and can't be arsed to break it for spares

Sean

sean5gtt
05-11-2012, 08:19
Now reduced to £1200 no offer, just coupe of issues with alternator and carb may need cleaning up as been off road since 2009.

Can drive but if long journey for more than hour, tow away or on transporter is best recommend

Sean

Madmax
05-11-2012, 12:53
Hi Sean

I was watching this on ebay and thought it had sold for £999?

sean5gtt
05-11-2012, 19:11
Hi Sean

I was watching this on ebay and thought it had sold for £999?

It was but guy messer and never bother to contact me or come to buy it even thought I hope for £1200 so re advertised it again and see if can sell on this price I want

Sean

Danny4da
05-11-2012, 21:04
Would you consider a p/x for a ford mondeo 52 plate 2.0 turbo diesel?

sean5gtt
05-11-2012, 21:25
Would you consider a p/x for a ford mondeo 52 plate 2.0 turbo diesel?

My missus won't let me have more toys as am in the dog house for buying too many cars, hence cash sale only, sorry mate but thanks for offer

Sean

j j frost
05-11-2012, 22:32
How much would you take for the 5 regards James 07896882448

sean5gtt
14-11-2012, 21:21
Car now SOLD!

LeeR5GTT
14-11-2012, 22:05

Car now SOLD!

good to hear Sean, i had a cheeky bid on her but was outbid.... glad you wasnt messed around this time round :)

sean5gtt
16-11-2012, 14:58

good to hear Sean, i had a cheeky bid on her but was outbid.... glad you wasnt messed around this time round :)

Yeah, glad it goes to good home where it will be well look after, shame I don't have time or money to fully restored her