PDA

View Full Version : battery tray

kentraider
15-08-2012, 14:57
hello peeps..my battery tray is shot away so ive got myself a new one....am i rite in thinking thats its a piss take that the dash has to come out to get access to the last two nuts to remove it...
any ideas or other methods lol...cheers dan

Bigfoot
15-08-2012, 14:59
I take it you got the nuts inside the car, no you dont need to remove the dash, just move the carpet back and you will see the padding behind there, you should be able to move that out the way or there are small gaps in it to get to the bolts, been a while since I have tried changing one of them.

kentraider
15-08-2012, 15:04
i have indeed....thanks for answering so rapid ...:smokin:
ill have to take dash off where fuses all sit an then pull bk carpet...che:Ders bigfoot

Chunk
15-08-2012, 15:22
If I were you i'd take the dash out and check for any rust that needs treating around that area

Brigsy
15-08-2012, 15:31
Take the dash out to change the battery tray!? :rolleyes:

You can get to the bolts from underneath as bigfoot said, use a ratchet spanner

kentraider
15-08-2012, 15:37

You can get to the bolts from underneath as bigfoot said, use a ratchet spanner

lol yeah taking the dash out is a bit extreme...thats y i thought id gave an ask here first...
ive got my hand under the padding under dash an can feel one of the buggers lol....
cheers briggsy

The new Bill J
15-08-2012, 15:49

Yep, and remove the rear beam :D

kentraider
15-08-2012, 15:55
Yep, and remove the rear beam :D

pmsl...
ive already taken the engine out :cooter:

Bigfoot
15-08-2012, 16:00
Should look at the renault 19 haynes manual, to work on anything in the engine bay you need to remove the strut brace. I didn't remove it once and thats including changing the gearbox on the car.

kentraider
15-08-2012, 16:26
Should look at the renault 19 haynes manual, to work on anything in the engine bay you need to remove the strut brace. I didn't remove it once and thats including changing the gearbox on the car.

??

Bigfoot
15-08-2012, 16:37
The haynes manual when doing any work on the renault 19 says to remove the standard strut brace for some reason, even though it dont get in the way apart from removing the head and even then you could get away with leaving it in place.

kentraider
15-08-2012, 16:40
The haynes manual when doing any work on the renault 19 says to remove the standard strut brace for some reason, even though it dont get in the way apart from removing the head and even then you could get away with leaving it in place.

lol im on about changing the battery tray on a 5 ......:D

Bigfoot
15-08-2012, 17:07
lol im on about changing the battery tray on a 5 ......:D

You were talking about removing the dash actually :D

kentraider
15-08-2012, 17:19
lol...i know...i feel like a rite bell end now as it only took 15 mins...cheers guys....

Romil Davda
15-08-2012, 17:29
Hmmm Indeed... I purchased a new battery tray months ago but never got round to fitting it as I thought you had to take the dash out :ashamed:

Thanks Bigfoot :agree:

Looks like i'll be rolling up my sleaves on the weekend!

kentraider
15-08-2012, 17:31
Hmmm Indeed... I purchased a new battery tray months ago but never got round to fitting it as I thought you had to take the dash out :ashamed:

Thanks Bigfoot :agree:

Looks like i'll be rolling up my sleaves on the weekend!

phew im not alone lol :smokin:

TNT Tricky Nicky
15-08-2012, 19:16
when i took mine out I just wound the bolts out and the foam padding held the nuts in place :laugh: