PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Leeds area?

sean5gtt
13-08-2012, 21:11
Hi

I have just fitted C1J engine I got it off from r5-Scotty and it's started 1st time after primed it with oil to the turbo. It's been years since I have work on r5gtts, Haz here will vouch me on this when I run my own business on r5gtts lol

As I am deaf, I cannot hear if engine running smoothy with no knockings etc and also cannot get radiator fan to work from manual switch, it was fine before I took out old engine with bottom end gone? Plus the clutch pedal quite high when in gear.

So is anyone living in Leeds can lend a hand to help me out? Am from kirkstall, north west of Leeds.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Haz
13-08-2012, 21:23
i was gonna suggest a mate i know locally to you to pop over, but that was before i realised you had moved. there are many knowledgeable enthusiasts over that way so hopefully you'll get a response.
you were a great help to me many years ago and if you weren't so far i'd pop over myself for a cuppa and a catch up, in fact if you get no replies and stuck, then i will ;)
glad to see your getting back into it.

andybond
13-08-2012, 21:37
I often am over Leeds way. If I am due a visit I'll drop you a pm and see you on the wa home if that's ok?

sean5gtt
13-08-2012, 22:41
I often am over Leeds way. If I am due a visit I'll drop you a pm and see you on the wa home if that's ok?

That's would be great, hopefully this week as am selling my r5gtt to raise fund for garage lol

sean5gtt
14-08-2012, 18:44
i was gonna suggest a mate i know locally to you to pop over, but that was before i realised you had moved. there are many knowledgeable enthusiasts over that way so hopefully you'll get a response.
you were a great help to me many years ago and if you weren't so far i'd pop over myself for a cuppa and a catch up, in fact if you get no replies and stuck, then i will ;)
glad to see your getting back into it.

Yeah it would be great to meet up again but since I sold business and move to live in Leeds to get married and kids! Lol

I am trying to finish off small jobs on get engine running sweet before sell it.

Sean

Haz
14-08-2012, 23:06
Are you getting back into things again? Or just hobbying? Sure we'll cross paths again at some point ;)

sean5gtt
14-08-2012, 23:37
Are you getting back into things again? Or just hobbying? Sure we'll cross paths again at some point ;)

It's all depend on time and money lol, if I sold my white r5gtt for good price then I may do that but for hobby at the moment.....great fun doing up my 1st r5gtt in 10 years since I last own one!

Sean

Haz
14-08-2012, 23:46
glad your getting your hands dirty, and funny that even after 10years away people still have and itch for them lol. hope its all working as it should and your have an easy sale :)

andybond
15-08-2012, 19:59
Sean, really sorry fella but I am not going to be in Leeds this week. Wakefield is as close as I am going to get.

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
17-08-2012, 12:05
I am in Leeds:agree:

sean5gtt
17-08-2012, 12:51
Sean, really sorry fella but I am not going to be in Leeds this week. Wakefield is as close as I am going to get.

No worries mate, ta for offer

Sean

sean5gtt
17-08-2012, 12:52
I am in Leeds:agree:

Can you come and help me out ASAP? Ta

Sean

sean5gtt
02-10-2012, 23:02
Hi

Need help on couple of issues on my r5gtt, especially on starter motor I fitted but need to check if it not making noise after last brand new starter moter ****ed cos I am deaf and couldn't hear it making funny noise when starting up.

Need spare dowels anyone can lend to me to re-align it? I'll pay for it:D

Also spare T-piece plug that was broken off on brake servo that connect pipe from the back of carb to servo, see photos below.

If not, then visit to local Renault dealer:dearme:

Ta in advance

Sean