PDA

View Full Version : Ever used one??

GT Josh
13-08-2012, 12:08
Just been doing abit of research because I've had my 5 on the rollers at scoffs. The bowls emptying at high revs @22psi so we had to knock it back down, now he's advised me to run a nice fat live and earth wire to the pump incase it's dropping volts. If I do this and there's no change I might look at getting a New pump. Has anybody used one of these??

http://bit.ly/SdOb2z
Currently have the std phase 1 Bosch pump.

Alastair
13-08-2012, 13:25
looks like a re-badged ph1 pump to me. Sounds like you need a 2mm needle valve before messing with your pump.

I used this site - very helpful (and knowledgeable) lady on the phone. http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/

GT Josh
13-08-2012, 13:48
The carb is set up for that amount of fuel pal. I do have a 2mm needle valve, 0.9 a.c 1.3 second stage and its fine until higher boost. 20psi+

Alastair
13-08-2012, 14:13
Up the fuel pressure with an FPR...

Alastair
13-08-2012, 14:16
Up the fuel pressure with an FPR...

Until the needle valve lifts...:laugh:

Then there are loads of options for getting fuel into the bowl, like a NoS fuel solenoid to add extra fuel into the main jet hole on high boost etc that have been done before, or additional injectors?

GT Josh
13-08-2012, 17:34
The f p r is a good shout. Think I'm going engine conversion next year.

GTphil
13-08-2012, 20:12
The 1.7 needle is usually better with higher fuel pressure than the 2mm one.

The pump in the first post is what I use;)

What works for one engine/set up might not for another, a lot of trail and error with carbs, that's why people love efi:laugh:

I think the big fat live wire to the pump so it can draw the Amps it needs might be a good shout as it's a cheap thing to try, also a nice fat earth to the body.

There is a chance the pump could be tired as it's probably the original one.

Fpr has also worked for people, be it ajustable or rising rate.

Alastair
13-08-2012, 20:20
The 1.7 needle is usually better with higher fuel pressure than the 2mm one.

The pump in the first post is what I use;)

What works for one engine/set up might not for another, a lot of trail and error with carbs, that's why people love efi:laugh:

I think the big fat live wire to the pump so it can draw the Amps it needs might be a good shout as it's a cheap thing to try, also a nice fat earth to the body.

There is a chance the pump could be tired as it's probably the original one.

Fpr has also worked for people, be it ajustable or rising rate.

:agree:

Change your filter too;)

GT Josh
13-08-2012, 22:02
:agree:

Change your filter too;)

Had a new one on 1500m ago. Think I'll just have to persevere.