PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Turbo

RAGOONEY
09-12-2008, 18:36
Bit puzzeled as never seen this before. Have got a single port actuator but the tubing goes from the actuator into the side of the turbo near the intercooler pipe, instead of down to the bottom of the carb.

Should I leave it like this and block the tubing at the bottom of the carb? or change it from the side of the turbo to the bottom of the carb?:confused:

raj
09-12-2008, 18:39
what turbo unit is it.?

id run a pipe from the carb to actuator.

you could then block the port at the side of the turbo or use it as another place to plumb a gauge in to measure the boost pressure the turbo is producing.

think thats right:scratch: :)

RAGOONEY
09-12-2008, 18:57
its a stage 1 hybrid from turbo technics.
yeh that sounds good to me, i will run it from the actuator to carb base, then get a boost gauge plumbed in too.
cheers.

Adam L
09-12-2008, 19:06
You can keep it the way it is and block off the carb outlet, it doesn't matter...

raj
09-12-2008, 19:14
You can keep it the way it is and block off the carb outlet, it doesn't matter...

come to think of it, your not wrong:D would this effect the spool up in any way.?

Adam L
09-12-2008, 19:20
Apparently, it gives a better response to the actuator, if you're running a single port. Although the twin port actuators were said to be better at controlling peaking as the 2nd port acted as a counterbalance... That's old info though...