PDA

View Full Version : cheap turbo

j4ck-dw
09-08-2012, 21:25
anyone seen the t28 on evilbay, is it off any use worth buying or complete ****e as usual thats on there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330774060880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Slammed 66
09-08-2012, 23:12
I always have to question why a turbo is being sold with so little miles after a supposed rebuild.

The way I see it is this:

The blower is 'probably' shafted. It won't bolt to the standard elbow so you'll need a custom one. The seller isn't supplying the elbow. Why? Maybe because it's to fit a new t28 to his car. One that isn't knackered?

That's my thinking behind a sale like that anyway. I'm probably wide of the mark as usual but that would be my own personal reason for not bidding.

Maybe contact the seller and ask if the elbow is available aswell.

Ross

Alex
10-08-2012, 07:42
Second hand turbo's - always a risk!

Phoenix Autosport
10-08-2012, 23:37
I always have to question why a turbo is being sold with so little miles after a supposed rebuild.

The way I see it is this:

The blower is 'probably' shafted. It won't bolt to the standard elbow so you'll need a custom one. The seller isn't supplying the elbow. Why? Maybe because it's to fit a new t28 to his car. One that isn't knackered?

That's my thinking behind a sale like that anyway. I'm probably wide of the mark as usual but that would be my own personal reason for not bidding.

Maybe contact the seller and ask if the elbow is available aswell.

Ross
exactly what i thought, second hand turbos are scrap value unless you know history and condition for certain, i would only buy a used ebay turbo in order to trade in for a rebuilt and tested unit, when i have done that i generaly want to pay no more than £20-£30 for it

Adam L
10-08-2012, 23:49
Stud pattern differs from Renault fitment by two studs
Wheels are in good condition unless the turbo has severe thrust play
The actuator is old ****

With hybrid turbo's you want to worry about in and out play unless it's flapping about from side to side.