PDA

View Full Version : Strip or rebuild?

Matt Cole
09-08-2012, 19:19
I have my old white GT nearly complete, but stripped to a rolling shell, private plate (B18GTT) with hundreds of other bits. All minus engine. The shell needs welding in places but could be a good car with a bit of TLC. I was going to put it all back together and sell as a one-er, but i'm thinking maybe sell as parts?

As said i have pretty much everything apart from block/head etc.

Opinions please?

Brigsy
09-08-2012, 19:39
Depends how much welding it needs mate? A simple rebuild might turn into a restore. Sell me that plate lol

Ashy
09-08-2012, 21:47
Sell it and get stuck into the black one!

Haz
09-08-2012, 23:29
so its all there, minus engine, but in bits?
car needs to be mot's to sell the plate on ;)

Matt Cole
09-08-2012, 23:39
It needs outer sills patching or replacing, hole in the roof in corner, windscreen surround, panel behind headlight and the chassis leg patching as i chopped a bit for the Megane engine. the rest is a bit of surface scab etc.

I pretty much have all the other parts plus loads of other spares. Not sure what to do.:cry:

Matt Cole
09-08-2012, 23:40
so its all there, minus engine, but in bits?
car needs to be mot's to sell the plate on ;)

Haz yep thats right.

No problem getting it Mot'ed!;)

Haz
10-08-2012, 00:07
shame to scrap a decent car but if your only thinking of doing it to sell on then you may as well sell the bits and keep what you need for spares, as mentioned it'll free up time that can be spent on things you want to keep while topping up funds along the way.
i know a friendly mot'er too ;) but be careful if its been sorn or not mot'd for a while as they are requesting to see more and more older cars with private plates for this very reason. besides, selling the plate and shell together helps move it on and its up to the new owner to sort then, rather than being stuck with a shell ;)

Matt Cole
19-08-2012, 16:26
Cheers Haz,

Any idea on what a stripped car and a garage full of spares might be worth as a job lot?

V Man
19-08-2012, 17:48
It needs outer sills patching or replacing, hole in the roof in corner, windscreen surround, panel behind headlight and the chassis leg patching as i chopped a bit for the Megane engine. the rest is a bit of surface scab etc.

That sounds like an awful lot of work Matt you're probably better off selling it on as a project:agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-08-2012, 18:21
Cheers Haz,

Any idea on what a stripped car and a garage full of spares might be worth as a job lot?

People seem to pay silly money for projects...

Bigfoot
19-08-2012, 19:38
Haz yep thats right.

No problem getting it Mot'ed!;)

No you dont need an MOT to take a plate off, as long as the MOT didn't run out over a year ago its fine to get the plates changed.

BILLY-R5GTT
20-08-2012, 08:54
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Pitty the plate wasn't B13 GTT, i'm running B13 NWR on my 19 16v cabby and i've just got another GTT, it would of been perfect... :D