PDA

View Full Version : Stripping a superbike

MR TURBO
09-12-2008, 09:41
Hey guys anybody ever stripped a superbike??? Down to the bare frame is this a hard job??:confused::confused:

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-12-2008, 11:39
Do you mean the Wires aswell?

I have stripped a few Scooters and a 125Aprillia RS (Not a superbike but same chassis) The hardest bit i found was removing all the wires as they are often placed in the Chassis...

The Wings are easy just unclip/bult/screw etc.

Depending on what bike the engine etc shouldnt give you much trouble, beware when removing ECU's or putting them back not to slip and put a scred driver through that or the wiring loom.

jesus in the seat of a 5
09-12-2008, 11:44
never done it personally but i know krissey m an his old man mart are allways taking bikes apart an rebuilding them, chuck him a pm an see what he thinks..:)

MR TURBO
09-12-2008, 12:02
Do you mean the Wires aswell?

I have stripped a few Scooters and a 125Aprillia RS (Not a superbike but same chassis) The hardest bit i found was removing all the wires as they are often placed in the Chassis...

The Wings are easy just unclip/bult/screw etc.

Depending on what bike the engine etc shouldnt give you much trouble, beware when removing ECU's or putting them back not to slip and put a scred driver through that or the wiring loom.

Its a gixer 750 i have to change my frame as it has a little kink in it and although no probs you know when u know something aint right u just gotta do it plus i have bought a whole gixer 600 for the purpose should be fun then!!!!:D:D

warpspeed
09-12-2008, 12:38
It's fairly easy just remember to label all the electrical connections and also label each end of the loom, remove bodywork, tank and seat unit first then start from the back as it will make access easier as you work through it, remove engine next then rear wheel/suspension and finally front forks leaving wheel attached. I found that to be the easiest way for me :)

Kris M
09-12-2008, 19:34
I stripped down my VFR 400 afew years ago to give it a tart up / do the valve clearences + other bits....Not totally down to the frame but pretty well stripped

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=2994

mr bean aka pete
09-12-2008, 20:13
Kris m i had 1 of those :D yeah there not to hard to strip down obviously the engine and wiring will be the hardest knowing which way it all routes around the frame