PDA

View Full Version : Rear Quarters HELP

smithwhite
07-08-2012, 09:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Long shot i know but anyone want to cut there Rear quarters out and sell to me! (phase 2) both sides.

pretty please

djinuk
07-08-2012, 09:50
one of them i think you can buy new from renault, not sure which side though.

lee1707
07-08-2012, 10:46
Correct. I bought 2 last year and 1 side you can still get but the other I had to go with a campus. Can't remember what side though and not in country to check. I paid around £160 each from Renault

lee1707
07-08-2012, 10:53
To be honest, you would be better drilling the spot welds out and replacing the quarters with new. Trying to get them off with out creasing could be a pain in the neck due to seam sealer etc. I done 2 just a few months back and took about 20hrs a side with new sills and zinc priming all areas prior to applying seam sealer etc.
I have a load of photos that I need to upload to my restoration when I get home that would give you an idea of the work involved.

smithwhite
07-08-2012, 12:10

Photos would be a great help. So do renault still supply campus ones if so how do they differ!

Mr Raider
07-08-2012, 12:21
Pretty sure rear quarter panels are generic for the 5 whether its a GT Turbo or Campus they would be all the same

smithwhite
07-08-2012, 12:26

Im getting desperate ive rang renault they no longer do them and all the non genuine companies are saying the same thing to me. mine are fooked and i almost lost heart in the project because of this last week. arghhhhhhh help!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

lee1707
07-08-2012, 12:57
Yeah Campus ones are still available as of a week past Wednesday. I enquired for an other project i was looking at for the future.
The arch is a little lower as more of the wheel is covered with standard 5 rear quarters. They also don't have the holes for bolting the arch trim on. Using the old rear quarter I made up a template and marked the quarter for the body shop to cut and drill prior to paint. I'm sure part numbers are on my resto thread if not I Wiccan get them for you tomorrow evening when I return home.