PDA

View Full Version : VERY high spec Skoda octavia 4x4 turbo estate

Duncan Grier
06-08-2012, 13:08
Professionally modified Silver 2000 Skoda Octavia 4x4 turbo

Due to company car allocation I no longer require this fantastic car. I have very recently had the full engine / box out and replaced the clutch solid flywheel and vr6 clutch / cover. The box has the longer VRS ratios compared to the normal low ones on the 4x4 setup. This gives a lot better cruising capability and also easy 35mpg on a mixed run compared to more like 30 at best in the original ratios. During the engine out I transplanted a load of upgrades and cleaned / tested or replaced all most every item

Running the latest revo stge 2+ software is pushing about 235bhp and utilizing the k03s turbo gives instant response and more than enough to surprise other sports models mix this with fantastic traction of the 4wd is a real performance sleeper

Full 12 months tax and 6 months MOT and full service completed 2k ago

Servicing
FULL service history with regular haldex oil changes also, last 2 services completed by myself with oe or higher spec parts

Modifcations:

Revo stage 2+ remap on K03S standard turbo
Carbonio Cold Air Intake
Forge Front Mounted Intercooler including properly modified bumper bar, Neuspeed large diameter metal turbo intake and Intercooler pipes. Headlamp wash still working
APR R1 dump valve (recirculates correctly), relocated to the front.
Blueflame full exhaust with single sport cat giving a sportier sound but not particularly loud, tweaked exhaust to retain oe exit to keeping the tailpipe out of sight
Secondary air pump removed and correct removal of all surplus vac hoses etc
New exhaust gasket
Steering fluid changed 2k ago
Oil and all filters changed 2k ago (oil, pollen, fuel)
New oe fuel pump fitted in oe housing
Gearbox and Transmission:

Rebuilt gearbox in 2008 by Awesome at a cost of £1200 fitting internal gearing higher VRS geared and lower engine RPM for cruising. / economy.
Clutch / cover new oe items
New G60 flywheel, no DMF to worry about
Neuspeed shortshift kit – smoother short throw shift
Blue Haldex Controller (£700). Engages the four wheel drive on acceleration. Standard controller only engages 4WD on slip – not fitted yet
Last service had new oe gearbox oil and dot 4 racing fluid
Brakes:
New VRS spec 312mm discs and pads front (oe discs and tt pagid spec pads). Carriers were upgraded to allow increase in disc size from the standard 288mm . New rear discs / pads November 2011 oe parts. Racing dot 4 fluid just changed 2k ago
Suspension and Chassis:

Neuspeed front 25mm ARB and poly bushes.
Neuspeed front upper and lower strut braces.
Poly dogbone engine mount.
Koni HA Coilovers, Height adjustable but set at the highest setting retaining good ride comfort and ground clearance but superior handling control.
Neuspeed on-car adjustable rear track control arms. The 4x4, unlike the VRS has fully independent rear suspension, but not adjustable on-car from standard and required to keep the camber in tolerance.
Neuspeed rear 22 mm ARB.
Suspension setup to TT Spec done completed July 2012.
New steering rack ends (oe) 2k ago
New ball joints (oe) 2k ago
Full toe bar and electrics
Exterior Styling:

VRS front bumper and silver grill surround
Audi TT 7x16 alloys with 205/55/16 Avon ZV5’s all round, 3-4mm tread.
Interior:

2004 Leon Cupra seats. This suits the car better as they maintain the 4x4 side airbags wiring. You don’t get side airbags on the VRS.
vRS Leather 3 spoke steering wheel
The car has all the standard 4x4 goodies as it’s based on the Elegance specification:
Climate Control (nice and cold) regased last year
4 x Electric Windows / Remote locking.
Electric Tilt Slide sunroof ( very rare on a vRS)
Golf Mk4 sunglasses holders (useful mod for his n her glasses) – not fitted
OE skoda interior rubber boot mat
OE skoda metal dog guard (also for safe storage)
VRS interior trim on facia
Car has completed 122k which will increase as still using this month, I have towed my track car multiple times and does this without any issues. The car ran stock 150bhp for the 1st 112k with full dealer service history. Engine pulls strong with no faults or issues. There are a few minor things to point out that I have not got round to finishing yet and now due to selling am not going to bother tbh. Rear tailgate has the common start of some small rust patches, keys need synchronizing to allow button lock / unlock, few very small faint scratches and minor stone chips out of bonnet it is an 11 year old car still and overall in very very good condition. The car is in use and available to view until 21st August and will be off the road after and unable to test drive due to insurance and will be stored in the garage. Those in the know will confirm this car is built on the mk4 R32 platform and shares the same Quattro setup and all the know upgrades to the chassis have been completed with subframe strengthening and other supporting mods
To have purchased all the items new on the car and fit you are looking at a very large number in deed (approx 12k has been spent on the car in its life (paper work to support)
Those at ND may have seen the car - alas very dirty mind lol

£3k ono with blue haldex or £2500 without, near Coventry

Pics to follow when it stops raining long enough to wash

DG

Duncan Grier
06-08-2012, 13:10
Will also have 12 month MOT ticket

Duncan Grier
06-08-2012, 13:20
Fogot to add did the cambelt, water pump 10k ago again oe parts used, coolant flushed also 2k ago and new spark plugs and coil packs (recal upgrade)

You get the idea about my car, if its not broke replace or upgrade :cooter::coffee:

DG

Trevhib
06-08-2012, 13:33
Sounds great. Wish I was in the market. :(

What is the benefit of the blue Haldex Dunc? Wont engaging the 4wd on acceleration increase drag and lessen acceleration?

Duncan Grier
06-08-2012, 13:38
Blue haldex as you state engages the rear drive on acceleration compared to the oe one which engages the rear more on slip angle of fronts. Certainly does not suffer in acceleration if anything its a bit quicker - especially in the wet as it acts like a true 4wd setup ;) the portion of rwd addition is based on speed and pedal position so it does not just engage 4wd constantly and does still drive most of the fronts in normal driving same as the oe setup until you want it to drive properly :cool:

Bargain for someone and kind of gutted as I spent a week stripping it and rebuilding not long back :cry:

DG

Duncan Grier
06-08-2012, 15:08
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SKODA-OCTAVIA-4X4-Professionally-Modified-VRS-S3-GTi-VR6-R32-WRX-STi-Evo-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$(KGrHqN,!qEE9d2p+Jf!BPfsZ,IwIw~~60_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SKODA-OCTAVIA-4X4-Professionally-Modified-VRS-S3-GTi-VR6-R32-WRX-STi-Evo-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJHJC4E914wku6yBPin3uOuQQ~~60_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SKODA-OCTAVIA-4X4-Professionally-Modified-VRS-S3-GTi-VR6-R32-WRX-STi-Evo-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqN,!jcE9KPL!smzBPfsZLBs,w~~60_3.JPG

pics of from the car I stole some of the upgrades from but gives you an idea of what it looks like before I can get some proper ones done. Estate looks better imo :cool:

Duncan Grier
07-08-2012, 11:33
Just about to upload some pictures :agree:

Duncan Grier
07-08-2012, 11:51
Few more things on the car I have missed off

front wishbones fully poly bushed
ARB's poly bushed
diesel under bonnet sound deadening
uprated healight bulbs (100% brighter / brightest legal bulb available)
full spare and oe tools
locking wheel nuts
both keys with car
have a set of khumo ku31 tyres about 5k old would consider fitting also

JVC cd player almost new

sure there are loads more little things I have missed :coffee:

DG

Duncan Grier
07-08-2012, 13:59
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180946905998

On ebay,

grab a bargain

DG

Big Steve - Raider
07-08-2012, 16:40
What are the company giving you to replace that with? ;)

Duncan Grier
07-08-2012, 19:45
Almost certainly one of the more boring cars Steve - golf estate tdi, passat, A4 advant etc etc

As tempted with the cars I can have - 5 series, S4 advant's etc I would rather take part cash still and hammer the mortgage off in 12 years not 25 :agree:

Needs to be an estate still with a tow bar :cool: fuel of satan :sad2:

There is a v8 M3 available but again does not tick what I need as family car and also the tax is a bit.................feckin high lol. Was tempted mind lol

DG

Duncan Grier
09-08-2012, 10:33
forgot to mention non smokers also - important to some :)

And have some octavia roof bars available :cool: for that full on pratical requirements

DG

Big Steve - Raider
09-08-2012, 10:36
http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/post-771-1129964494.gif

:laugh::wasntme:

Trevhib
09-08-2012, 10:41
I prefer this one Steve. Right in the n*ts, lol.

http://www.investorblog.co.uk/images/smilies/horse.gif

Duncan Grier
09-08-2012, 10:42
PMSL :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
09-08-2012, 11:39
I prefer this one Steve. Right in the n*ts, lol.

http://www.investorblog.co.uk/images/smilies/horse.gif

:laugh::laugh: Yeah that one looks better in the plums! :laugh:

Duncan Grier
13-08-2012, 09:02
Prov sold and collected Thursday for £3500 :agree:

Duncan Grier
16-08-2012, 14:52
All gone :coffee:

As my manager is off to Australia for a month and have no car until company one is sorted can use his 535d if wanted...win :D

DG