PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pipe

Andyturbo!
04-08-2012, 22:48
Wheres the best place to buy a new carb to fuel pressure reg fuel pipe? I've tried mike but think he's away at the mo and mine is badly cracked, don't think it will last long. Also do u have to remove the Perc fan as it goes into the housing

olidaviesuk
04-08-2012, 23:24
Fuel line of the same diameter and length (you want injection fuel pipe) from any good motor factor will do the trick, prob cost £3... Yes the perc fan has to come out to fit the new pipe... If you tape the end of the old fuel line to the new then pull it through the perc fan pipework it makes life a lot easier...

Andyturbo!
04-08-2012, 23:34
Fuel line of the same diameter and length (you want injection fuel pipe) from any good motor factor will do the trick, prob cost £3... Yes the perc fan has to come out to fit the new pipe... If you tape the end of the old fuel line to the new then pull it through the perc fan pipework it makes life a lot easier...

Cheers pal would somewhere like halfords sell fuel pipe? Haven't bought any b4

Steevo
04-08-2012, 23:42
Cheers pal would somewhere like halfords sell fuel pipe? Haven't bought any b4

Halfords do sell it by the metre

Andyturbo!
04-08-2012, 23:48
Halfords do sell it by the metre

Thanks mate :agree:

Andyturbo!
05-08-2012, 13:30
Just been looking under the bonnet at this pipe and the end that joins to the fuel pressure reg looks hard to get to, is there a particular way of getting to this?

Alex
05-08-2012, 17:03
Jack the car up and remove the drivers side wheel. In the arch there's a little removable plastic splash guard that you can remove. The FPR is right behind that :)

Andyturbo!
05-08-2012, 19:09
Jack the car up and remove the drivers side wheel. In the arch there's a little removable plastic splash guard that you can remove. The FPR is right behind that :)

Thanks pal :agree:

Chunk
06-08-2012, 10:24
I got a length of fuel pipe from a local supplier including two new clips. When I asked him how much he wanted he just said a couple of quid. I gave him a fiver, their service is always excellent.

If you struggle to find some for a good price i can post some out to you

Andyturbo!
06-08-2012, 11:25
I got a length of fuel pipe from a local supplier including two new clips. When I asked him how much he wanted he just said a couple of quid. I gave him a fiver, their service is always excellent.

If you struggle to find some for a good price i can post some out to you

Thanks for that mate I'll get back to ya. Got a fuel leak on carb aswell so gona rebuild that first which should be fun lol