PDA

View Full Version : Low oil pressure.. Where's the pump?

Leebourner
03-08-2012, 21:41
My engines reading low oil pressure now.. I let it Warm up then gave it a little rev.. On stands (just replaced turbo.. Flushed the water & put new oil and filter on..) It's reading between 1-2 on the standard gauge.. Is there any way of checking the oil pump? Or replacing it with the engine in??

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-08-2012, 21:45
You can replace the oil pump on a gtt with the engine in.
The sump comes off and you will see it. When/if you fit a new one, pack it with vaseline to help prime it.

GT Josh
03-08-2012, 21:53
Don't trust your gauge. The o.e ones are poo! Mine reads 40 all the time lol. For an aftermarket one. Then you can get an accurate reading. Maybe that's what killed your turbo...

Chunk
06-08-2012, 10:28
Just had my oil pump off the other day.

The pick up was absolutely covered in goo and mayo, bet it was struggling to suck oil up through that.

It was dead easy to remove. Just cleaned it out with some diesel and brake cleaner and filled it with oil before re-fitting.

Then before firing the engine up I cranked it over for a while to build up oil pressure throughout the engine. Fired up and no problems.

My oil pressure gauge on the dash doesn't work so I don't know what pressure it's running, but the light went out pretty much immediately so no worries there