PDA

View Full Version : Gordini hunting

Mattv6
03-08-2012, 13:12
Hi,

I've changed spark plugs, new ht leads, got rid of spark plug extenders, fitted new dizzy cap and rotar arm, cleaned carb and also Idle screws but..... My 5 is still hunting quite badly on idle.

Update - today

1. Cleaned the renix connectors
2. Checked the vacuum pipe - seemed fine but had no clamps on pipes. Going to get new pipe and clamp it to vacuum
3. Adjusted mixture screw - it was fully wound in. Made a little bit of difference but still hunting. Are there 2 mixture screws on the weber?

So.....still hunting.

What else an I try?

Runs brilliantly now apart from this issue.
Cheers for help.

Thanks,

Matt.

Sparkie
03-08-2012, 19:26
check the turbo pipe O rings.

then also look down the top of the car whilst its running and see if you can spot any drops of fuel dribbling down the carb.....

Mattv6
03-08-2012, 19:34
Cheers pal

Which ones are the turbo pipe o rings?

Sparkie
03-08-2012, 21:49
the big pipe that carries the boost and fuel over to the inlet manifold. - it has O rings on both ends...

Mattv6
04-08-2012, 09:21
the big pipe that carries the boost and fuel over to the inlet manifold. - it has O rings on both ends...

Is that the big metal pipe?

Mattv6
04-08-2012, 11:51
Removed inlet pipe. Going to replace o rings today as look like originals.

Fitting a new vacuum pipe too.

Will report back if any better.

Fingers crossed.....

Mattv6
04-08-2012, 21:21
The advance retard pipe is in the scan on right side below renix..
On the renix unit round disc (vacuum sensor item C) .with pipe and a circle magnifying the tube pipe,

Should there be something in the retard pipe from the renix or just the tube itself? I put a new pipe,on today with clamps.

Changed some of the old tubes from actuator to carb - they were knacked.

Checked o rings on plenum to inlet - seemed in ok condition. Can you get new ones from Renault still?
Part number please?

Also on p. 110 of the Haynes manual it shows a small calibrated jet in the t piece.
My t piece doesn't have this in there.....?! Should it there and might that be causing the idle problem?

Haven't driven it yet to see if it's made any difference though.

rew
28-08-2012, 08:53
My gordini used to hunt at idle turned out it had pipes near the Carb on the wrong way round and needed setting up,yes the idle screw nearest Turbo is for fuel, the one nearest battery is for air adjust, best bet take it to an old boy garage and they will have a tweak cost me £30 and yes they all will have a story about a gordini Turbo so be ready for a long day haha

Mattv6
28-08-2012, 10:21
My gordini used to hunt at idle turned out it had pipes near the Carb on the wrong way round and needed setting up,yes the idle screw nearest Turbo is for fuel, the one nearest battery is for air adjust, best bet take it to an old boy garage and they will have a tweak cost me £30 and yes they all will have a story about a gordini Turbo so be ready for a long day haha

Cheers pal - all booked in