PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum hoses

Nottswoody
31-07-2012, 09:42
Is it 3mm for all the vacuum hoses and is it the same for a dump valve? How much should I buy to replace so it's all the same and clean.. 1m or 2m?? I'm guessing sfs is cheapest on eBay?

tubbyG
31-07-2012, 09:54
Not sure about the cheapest but i bought 2m of this stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400292032550?var=670031206881&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Nottswoody
31-07-2012, 09:59
Cheers bud I was just looking at Samco an sfs price differences and it's a joke really just for a bit of rubber.. Will order some of this.. Also the pipe that holds the Dumpvalve is that 25mm? I'm going down the Dumpvalve route mine Dosnt chatter its more hollow metal I thinks it's because of the blanking plate on the tomcat..

Chunk
31-07-2012, 10:00
You need slightly larger vac pipes for the carb elbow to fuel pressure regulator and to the actuator i think

Nottswoody
10-08-2012, 23:14
Guys what's the size of the T piece for the vac hose for the fuel regulator? Is it 5mm or 6mm? It's poping and banging so I'm guessing fuel starvation.. Iv just put a dump valve on and changed the T piece as it snapped for a smaller one.. Plus it's holding boost but not dumping I can still hear the chatter an not the valve? Ooooh ekkkk :scratch:

Thundercat
11-08-2012, 07:21
I buy my silicon aux hoses from zenaracing on eBay, Japan based but very quick delivery. Any colour, any size and bends all cheap.

Nottswoody
12-08-2012, 20:45
So Iv put all new T peices on all new clips.. Now has anyone else tried a dump valve when having a t25 tomcat? All I can hear is the chatter from the turbo and not the dump valve.. I'm running 1.5bar Should be dumping loadly surely? Holds the boost just fine just no dump?? :scratch: Iv fitted the Dumpvalve as I hate the sound of the tomcat..

GTphil
12-08-2012, 21:29
I once upon a time had a dump valve:scratch:

It used to sort of half dump and half compressor surge, turned out my vac pipe set up was what was causing the issue, the vac pipe that goes to the dump valve needs to be as short as possable, mine kind of looped back to where ever it goes (been so long I can't remember) make sure the vac pipe to the dump valve has the shortest possable route.

Out of interest where does the dump valve vac pipe go to?

Nottswoody
12-08-2012, 21:33
Cheers phil I guess I could shorten them it's worth a try.. It's really not a nice chatter so I want rid.. It sounds like the penny shuts too tight with having a -31 actuator I guess?

Nottswoody
12-08-2012, 21:36
To the aei vac hose I hope :-) its also kind of a re living my youth type thing the valve is the last thing I have from my 1st 5 ha ha.. I can always change it back If I get Bord :)

Nottswoody
15-08-2012, 20:04
I once upon a time had a dump valve:scratch:

It used to sort of half dump and half compressor surge, turned out my vac pipe set up was what was causing the issue, the vac pipe that goes to the dump valve needs to be as short as possable, mine kind of looped back to where ever it goes (been so long I can't remember) make sure the vac pipe to the dump valve has the shortest possable route.

Out of interest where does the dump valve vac pipe go to?

So I chopped a couple of inches off and it's better but still not right... Do you think I might need a different spring? I baught this some 7yrs ago the diaphragm is sound but on my old five I was running a t2 at prob 12psi now I'm running a t25 at 21psi would it be too much for it?? Answers on a postcard please :)