PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure/level

Chunk
30-07-2012, 15:51
Neither the oil pressure or level work on my dash board

I've put a new loom and new connectors in the bay for these sensors but I get nothing. Is there any way to test the dash and/or the sensors?

SirSamuelOfBuca
30-07-2012, 16:00
mine intermittently works. stopped working altogether the other day :s

Chunk
30-07-2012, 16:29
Must be the wiring/sensors breaking down I guess?

SirSamuelOfBuca
30-07-2012, 16:38
i have no idea but mine would work at about mid day at 4 on the gauge then by the time i leave work it stopped again.

I was wondering if it was something to do with the atmospheric pressure?! lol

Chunk
30-07-2012, 16:47
I would have thought engine temperature making wires/metal expand/contract and start conducting

I just wonder if there's a way you can test the gauge on the dashboard. I'm sure it worked a little bit before with the old engine. Might try swapping the sensors over if I can be arsed

Romil Davda
30-07-2012, 17:02
I would have thought engine temperature making wires/metal expand/contract and start conducting

I just wonder if there's a way you can test the gauge on the dashboard. I'm sure it worked a little bit before with the old engine. Might try swapping the sensors over if I can be arsed

Dont know if this will work but just a thought:
If you take out the dash clocks, you might be ale to swap over the water temp for the oil temp? You will need to tap into the water temp wire (I have done this for one of my gauges, can let you know the colour if needed) and bypass the oil pressure by conecting the water tep you have just tapped.

I recon wiring but could be dash clocks :scratch:. Have you fitted lockwood dials or such? This can usually fook up the gauges and speedo!